Options

Midweek event- Special TB Sale+ 8/16/16

Comments

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

image.jpg

I don't understand why Glu is calling this a throwback event and it's still filled with two black boxes, one gold box, and 1 throwback box.:confused: And they still have the nerve to emulate it as a throwback sale⁉ I feel like Glu is preventing players who don't pay rl money to not earn more throwback items.:mad:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I don't understand why Glu is calling this a throwback event and it's still filled with two black boxes, one gold box, and 1 throwback box.:confused: And they still have the nerve to emulate it as a throwback sale⁉ I feel like Glu is preventing players who don't pay rl money to not earn more throwback items.:mad:

You can buy as many boxes as you want (that's shown in the second image). However they are also giving people the opportunity to grind for one free box. Part of it is a TB sale.
  • Options
    krystal wrote: »
    You can buy as many boxes as you want (that's shown in the second image). However they are also giving people the opportunity to grind for one free box. Part of it is a TB sale.

Yeah I understand that but I at least wanted to grind for 3-4 throwback boxes on this event and Glu took that opportunity away for players like me who doesn't invests on this game.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I did not get a mini update either.
    I'm thinking there will not be an update this week as our friends on Instagram 'saw' a dating event this Friday.
    Also, the last Throwback Sale (over a year ago) started on a Thursday and lasted two days, so that one will probably not come sooner than Thursday.
    But these are just my predictions, I'm just happy with anything, lol!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    So it says: " The throwback giftbox contains a selection of previous event and giftbox reward items."

By giftbox they do mean those event giftboxes and not regular (or black or gold) giftboxes?
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    So it says: " The throwback giftbox contains a selection of previous event and giftbox reward items."

By giftbox they do mean those event giftboxes and not regular (or black or gold) giftboxes?

I'm also wondering. :confused: Because if it's true then it's really really reaaaaaaally not worth grinding for :mad:
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    OMG the rumours were true!!!
    WE HAVE A THROWBACK SALE!!!!!!!!!

image_zpsokp22pgw.jpeg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    wait, so no one has posted any TB Box prizes yet? An hour an a half? I have an excuse, I was cleaning up spam. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I LOOVVEE THIS TB SALE!! I've already earned the GS lips and eyes + some hair <333 I only wish you could pick more than 2 boxes each time sigghh..
  • Options
    wait, so no one has posted any TB Box prizes yet? An hour an a half? I have an excuse, I was cleaning up spam. :)

OMG so much spam... WHY??
    I just spent all my stars, will post the pics of my winnings asap!!
    Minji wrote: »
    I LOOVVEE THIS TB SALE!! I've already earned the GS lips and eyes + some hair <333 I only wish you could pick more than 2 boxes each time sigghh..

Wow you are so lucky winning the GS eyes and lips!! Congrats!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Omg.... I'm so sad that it's only lasting two days. Payday isn't till Thursday for me and I'm broke till then. *cry*

I really want the Christmas hair from two years ago, and the Christmas eyes from last year. Gosh, there's so many things I want actually.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I am watching Athletics from last night. Women's 400m hurdles.
    I thought of a new system to open giftboxes:
    Which lane is the winner running?
    Heat 6, an English lady won, running in lane 6. So I picked box Nr 6. Lol 😁
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-13-34-14_zpskzjszy4z.jpg
    Android
  • Options
    I saved up to open 12 boxes, here are my winnings:
    I'm happy with all I got!!! I really really wanted some new hairstyles but unfortunately there were none in my pallettes.. But nontheless, I'm happy!!!

image_zps7ut61y2j.jpeg

image_zpswmwuobmc.jpeg

image_zps3kdinrjz.jpeg

And now I have 39 stars left... Hope to get to 60 by the end of the event so I can open an extra box when i reach my last box from the event! Happy Throwback everyone!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Rumpelstilzchen Congrats on the hair, it looks like your system is working!

I got Kash in my first box, and then got weak and just started spending like crazy.

tumblr_inline_oc01kgFQGH1reitsa_540.png
    Started off not too strong.

tumblr_inline_oc01kkh5AR1reitsa_540.png
    Pretty happy with these, although I really wish I'd picked a row to the right!

tumblr_inline_oc01kau3ps1reitsa_540.png
    So I started straying from my usual boxes and didn't regret it.

tumblr_inline_oc01kbGyyB1reitsa_540.png
    ...And then this happened.
  • Options
    I am watching Athletics from last night. Women's 400m hurdles.
    I thought of a new system to open giftboxes:
    Which lane is the winner running?
    Heat 6, an English lady won, running in lane 6. So I picked box Nr 6. Lol &#55357;&#56833;
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-13-34-14_zpskzjszy4z.jpg

That's a cool system I'll have to try that as well. I always get so nervous picking, that way it won't be my fault haha. And it seems to have worked really well for you!
  • Options
    I only have the sale. Not the Event. No meter for points, no points during gigs. ;( My other two games are behind due to all the spam, and now I want to go back to bed. Bad Tuesday for Vatsy's Kat.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    This isn't the sale Vats, Sassy and others were waiting for.. The boxes contain every single event item from the past, not just a selection.

For almost 2 years, every weekend I tapped till my fingers would hurt so I can collect an exclusive outfit. And now this... It's a party for the hackers, to be honest. You all can see on Instagram.

As usual, I'll grind for the free box. And hope I get a decent item. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Congrats on winning the hair, Rumpelstilzchen
    Buttiel wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_oc01kbGyyB1reitsa_540.png
    ...And then this happened.
    Oh no... the dreaded green boa... I got that one too some time ago, it is just the worst!
    But your other winnings are so great!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    This isn't the sale Vats, Sassy and others were waiting for.. The boxes contain every single event item from the past, not just a selection.

For almost 2 years, every weekend I tapped till my fingers would hurt so I could collect an exclusive outfit. And now this... It's a party for the hackers, to be honest. You all can see on Instagram.

I know!! &#55357;&#56864;&#55357;&#56864;&#55357;&#56864;

Hey does it really contain all event items? Is the vampire fangs in there?
    PM to add
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I know!! ������

Hey does it really contain all event items? Is the vampire fangs in there?

No, except for the fangs and the halloween mask. Thanks for making me feel better. I have the fangs, yay! :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    I also just have the sale and not the event :(

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up buddy!

Well I guess there's nothing for me here except this marvelous event!;)

I just got my first box and guess what?! Got 2.5 K$ Yay!

I'm so looking foward to get more k$ and energy at my next 2 boxes and an unique pair of brown shoes at my throwback one! So happy!

Oh Koko and Unique, you didn't got the event? Relax that's exactly what we deserve!

I'm so sad for the nice guys from instagram, they'll spend so much on this event while I'm here super happy with all the k-stars I'll save!

Seriously if we get an actual selection I could spend what?! 1800 k-stars I think? Thanks Glu for help me to keep those!

And also I finally realised that I'll never have Brad Pitt's hair or the fab ponytail or any other cool long hair style so I'm feeling so free and happy right now!

Lovely day for a dedicated and honest KKH long time player!:D

Charli wrote: »

For almost 2 years, every weekend I tapped till my fingers would hurt so I can collect an exclusive outfit. And now this... It's a party for the hackers, to be honest. You all can see on Instagram.

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    on one hand, I have enough to purchase for myself a TB box, on the other I have this fear of getting tacky earrings, Halloween items, or that green boa... ugh... I would hate it if I spent my kstars and got something lousy! think I'm gonna try to grind.
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Well I guess there's nothing for me here except this marvelous event!;)

I just got my first box and guess what?! Got 2.5 K$ Yay!

I'm so looking foward to get more k$ and energy at my next 2 boxes and an unique pair of brown shoes at my throwback one! So happy!

I'm so sad for the nice guys from instagram, they'll spend so much on this event while I'm here super happy with all the k-stars I'll save!

Seriously if we get an actual selection I could spend what?! 1800 k-stars I think? Thanks Glu for help me to keep those!

And also I finally realised that I'll never have Brad Pitt's hair or the fab ponytail or any other cool long hair style so I'm feeling so free and happy right now!

Lovely day for a dedicated and honest KKH long time player!:D

Lol Vats I love your sarcasm about this throwback event/sale hahaha:D

Thanks for the laughs:D.
    image.php?di=H73AO.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    TrinityLiTrinityLi Registered Users 20 Posts
    I got the event. Saving my stars for a really good VIP event. Besides, I really haven't been lucky with my boxes for any event, so I'll take what I can get by grinding.
    My first box was a purse.... Ugh...
    On to the next box! 😊
    ~*Daily KKH player!*~
    Trinity is working on her 3rd comeback!
    Level 33 - A+++
    Mommy to baby Mia and Dominic <3

Smile, be kind, and dance like no one is watching!
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I just spent 2000 stars chasing the so glamm eyes and didn't see them once.
  • Options
    RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    I want to say something. Please keep in mind that I am not at all indicating anyone cannot share their opinion or that anyone sharing their opinion is wrong. Just throwing my own opinion in the pot with everyone else's.

Sometimes I cannot believe that anything short of handing you guys items on a silver platter will make you happy. This is a game, one that we all love and have been devoted to for a long time! To me, this is a wonderful event and I'm very thankful for it. I saw the TBS and thought "Oooh everyone over at the forum is going to be so excited, finally!" And then I come over to see a bunch of moaning and groaning! I am NOT attacking or calling anyone out, I just think sometimes we get too serious about this game and forget to just play and have fun.

I think it's great that we can buy as many boxes as we want. I also think it's fantastic that (from what I've seen on Instagram) they are letting us buy until there are literally no items left to earn, instead of just taking the sale away for those who have less than 8 items left. Personally, I don't care what the hackers and cheaters are doing. They aren't taking anything away from me and my game. If they wanna open every single box there is, go for it! I'm still happily tapping away over here. I love the challenge and the satisfaction of finally achieving a goal, and I'm not going to complain just because I'm only able to open a limited number of boxes and I see XYZ on IG opening 6,000 boxes. You know why? There's always gonna be someone in the world getting more than me, and there's always gonna be someone doing it through illegitimate ways. I'm not giving the cheaters a pass or saying it's okay, but what's the use in ruining my own fun just because they exist? I can't spend my real or digital life worrying about what others have that I don't have. At least that's how I like to live my life. And I understand that others will have different views.

I'm glad they included nearly everything from all the events, it means everyone has a shot at their dream item! I always think to myself, every item I open that is weird is still great because then I will never open that item again. One less thing standing between me and my wish list items!

Thank you Glu for this event. I've already gotten two items I've loved for a long time, the white tank with the knot at the front, and the gold/nude pointy-toed pumps. Yay! You will find me excitedly grinding for the next...2 days and 12 hours. :cool: ;)
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • Options
    Thank you for writing that Ruby. I was really excited about the event and this thread really got me down.
    I also want to defend you, you didn't say people need things handed on a silver platter, you said that sometimes you feel that way.
    There is a huge difference between feelings and facts and I don't think you meant that it was that way, you simply stated that you sometimes felt that way. And I've had that feeling too, but then I also know that you only see a tiny sliver of the story on here, and sometimes people need to let of some steam and that is okay too.

As for the event, I like that we can buy several boxes and I like that we can also earn one. Of course I would prefer earning four and I also would prefer to not be able to purchase boxes if I could earn four instead.
    I also hate that people who have too many items (according to Glu) can't get the event. Not sure if I want to purchase to items if that will exclude me from future weekday events?
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I think I've spend about 2300 kstars on the throwback sale ;) and I've gotten everything what I wanted. I think I got about all the hair and I got the GS&Winter eyes + lips so I'm freaking happy <333 Finally I got the hairs I missed in all those 2 years of absence.

These are some of the boxes that I got; I couldn't screen them all because my battery was 4% :o
    ms2ozaL.png
    f0E2E0b.png

And these are some of the wonderful hairs I now have <333
    1GmztHH.jpg

And this my doll now <33 mah beautiful Minji
    EVaGJRD.png
  • Options
    Upside - AppleP has been chasing this dress for forever. She was the first game to open, and I promptly bought her two boxes. 2nd box was that blue grey and green top from a few months ago, and my free box had that awesome pair of black pants. So I honestly like that free box better than the 2nd tb I bought.

File_Aug_16_10_10_46_AM.jpg

So, AppleP is done. I'm not grinding for the last box, and not buying any more. But I LOVE this dress.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary