Options

Midweek event- Special TB Sale+ 8/16/16

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Minji wrote: »
    Buttiel Haha yes that box was just too unreal! I had almost all the accessories and shoes from TB sale and after that you get boxes full of hair!! It's not normal lol
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Like someone mentioned earlier it seem that there is some algorithm for the accessories and shoes to show up more often then then the hair and the Christmas and Glamm facial features. Out of all the boxes I opened, I saw a hairstyle about three times since the TB events have started.

I searched on instagram and noticed this pattern too with a lot of players...

You know I'm blonde, but not dumb! I'm laughing at anyone who thinks that there's a fair chance to get hair, facial feautures and highly coveted clothes without spending huge fortunes of k-stars.

These boxes are all tricked the same way they do with the daily gift boxes and event boxes, we think that we have 1/8 chance, but its funny that from 7 times a week we get 5 times 4 energy bolts even when all other boxes are full of goodies (someone really wants to make me believe that I have a rotten finger:p).

And if that's not enough to believe what I'm saying, in BS:AD we have a daily spin instead of gift boxes and we can see what is it on each one of the 6 spots.

If the chances for each spot were on the same proportion, in a week or so we should be able to get at least one of those nice items, but playing for two months I was able to get just 1 piece of clothes yes 1!

My face to anyone who thinks I should be happy or that really believe that all this isn't programmed and everyones has the same chances:
    8YZivfy.gif

The truth is outta there!
    Megannita wrote: »
    Vats, I personally still hope that you will one day have the BP hair. I refuse to give up on that dream. Somehow, someday, you will have it.

Thank you so much for the support, I hope you also have luck to get all things you wish someday:D
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    And, I believe that AppleP will look positively resplendent in the red Christmas gown (that GluAdmin rocked) one day. Maybe we'll hold a Vats' Hair Party someday. When we all put on our Holly Grail of the Event items. It will happen. So, lets get a little more positivity here. I came bearing Kitten with a Kake. Let's put the party back in this Party thread.

cat_withcake.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    haftime wrote: »
    Here's the TB items I paid to open-- I couldn't resist! Not sure how many more I'll open, since k stars are so precious!
    WdymEFt.png

Here's how I styled Everly in her new items. She blinked when I took the screen cap!
    6EawSAC.png

You look great! I love that jumpsuit. I love those earring. I got them with one game. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    You look great! I love that jumpsuit. I love those earring. I got them with one game. :)

Thanks, Koko!

And thanks to all who confirmed that I did get a TB item in my second black gift box. Awesome luck! I hope it holds! :)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I'm happy to grind for the event boxes as I'm grinding on reality shows anyway. I already won the first two, both won $2500. I really think it would be a happy medium if they gave us two TB boxes instead of just one.

That said, I think 60 kstars is a super steep price to pay for randomized boxes. I only ever get jewelry and awful shoes and I will be kicking myself if I spend my 900 hard earned and hoarded kstars on accessories, so I won't be buying boxes.

On the bright side, I have always had good luck with getting the hair and dresses I most coveted during weekend events. There's nothing I'm dying for except the twin braids (non-Halloween) and I just can't see the risk v. reward of blowing my stash.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    And, I believe that AppleP will look positively resplendent in the red Christmas gown (that GluAdmin rocked) one day. Maybe we'll hold a Vats' Hair Party someday. When we all put on our Holly Grail of the Event items. It will happen. So, lets get a little more positivity here. I came bearing Kitten with a Kake. Let's put the party back in this Party thread.

cat_withcake.jpg

Omgggg, so precious.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I am watching Athletics from last night. Women's 400m hurdles.
    I thought of a new system to open giftboxes:
    Which lane is the winner running?
    Heat 6, an English lady won, running in lane 6. So I picked box Nr 6. Lol 😁
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-13-34-14_zpskzjszy4z.jpg

lol, that's a great idea! i'm always worried if i don't pick my regular box I will regret it. I have let my mother choose before and I think she got me the green boa once lol

I have enough kstars to open a few boxes, but I'm going to wait and see how my event boxes look. if i got the Montana jacket, Valentines heart dress, or that blue & gold VIP dress in my event box, I'd probably just quit and die happy. If I got another purse like last week that barely fits my armpit, I may go for another and cry when I got something like reindeer hair. So far i got kash in my first box which is fine for when Maria calls me to buy something or in case there is a dating event this weekend.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think the only hairstyle I've seen in a throwback box has been the pirate hat. It haunts me.
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I think the only hairstyle I've seen in a throwback box has been the pirate hat. It haunts me.

I got the so Glamm short hair in one of my boxes. But no eyes. I opened so many boxes my eyes are cross-eyed and my nerves are shot.
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    ended up opening some boxes and regretting it. 360 kstars down the hole. not ungrateful, but I certainly wasn't pining for these items.

20160816_153018_zps1u3tkazv.jpg

1. Blue striped tank. I've seen these on everyone by now, and it's a cute casual top.
    2. Oversized Celine Phantom bag, I'm assuming. I hate these bags that are pretty much up there on your armpit. (Glu, know where people hold their purses as not everything is a shoulder bag!! I love Celine, but that's not how you wear it.
    3. As I've read someone refer to these as "dead legs". Black stockings/red shoes can only mean Halloween.
    4. & 6. Cuteish gray shoes. Doesn't pair well with a lot, but I made it work with the cropped top long skirt silhouette.
    5. Pomeranian in a bag. And some funky earring. Giving you some rich b!tch vibes.
  • Options
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    ended up opening some boxes and regretting it. 360 kstars down the hole. not ungrateful, but I certainly wasn't pining for these items.

20160816_153018_zps1u3tkazv.jpg

1. Blue striped tank. I've seen these on everyone by now, and it's a cute casual top.
    2. Oversized Celine Phantom bag, I'm assuming. I hate these bags that are pretty much up there on your armpit. (Glu, know where people hold their purses as not everything is a shoulder bag!! I love Celine, but that's not how you wear it.
    3. As I've read someone refer to these as "dead legs". Black stockings/red shoes can only mean Halloween.
    4. & 6. Cuteish gray shoes. Doesn't pair well with a lot, but I made it work with the cropped top long skirt silhouette.
    5. Pomeranian in a bag. And some funky earring. Giving you some rich b!tch vibes.

You styled your items really well! And I agree, it's a travesty how our dolls have to carry the bags up in their armpit. It's a waste of some lovely designs, like the Celine!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Congrats Minji! I have been chasing those eyes and lips since the TB events started but sadly I have yet to even come across them. :( Can I ask you something? Do you have most of the TB items already b/c to me it seems like the hair doesn't come up unless you have most of the TB items already.

Yeah I have most of them already but that's because they come first or something. Accessories and shoes appear more timea 6/8 pallets but once you have them all there's a 90% chance you get hair and facial features. It took me about 90 boxes until I got lots of hair.
  • Options
    NOTICE: if your trying to grind the TB sale for items that have appeared since March 2016, don't expect to find them. I've opened every TB box and I haven't gotten the items/hair from on March till now - so don't expect those.

Also.. Once I opened my 'last' TB box the event disappeared and it still hasn't appeared yet.. this can't be normal right??
  • Options
    Oh Minji. For the time being, you have too many Event/GB ThrowBack items to sustain the event. It is suppose to change with the September update. In the meantime, you're done for this event. If there is another TB before the update, whatever Weekend Event items you get will influence whether you get the event or not. But again, it's supposed to be modified with the Sept update.

I thought everyone had read about this. Last time some people were excluded because the game said no. Glu corrected this for future TB Events, but it takes effect after the next update. You're not alone, you got some nice things, and you can vent in Hookah, or party in the Throwback Thread. My doll that didn't get the event is doing parties, trying to level up. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ahhh I didn't go about that. I don't read all the way back but thanks for the info.
  • Options
    I got them

edit;; okay this was originally in caps because i am literally yelling, but you get my drift

i can't believe it

and i'm ashamed of how much i spent but i finally got them
  • Options
    ioxdEpW.jpg

"The secret to my success is a tan and some plastic surgery." - Max

Also where did Vats go? He is my favorite cheerleader and the best and I know he will be happy I got my eyes. Now if only Sassy would log in because she can get her lips finally!

Okay and lastly, I opened a cr-ap ton of boxes so if anyone has any questions or wants to know the things available, let me know and I will post them. Or some. It was a lot. And like Minji said, you have to get through all the purses and shoes, and then hair and the eyes! will finally show up.
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Does anyone know if the stuff from the very first and second event ever (I think) are in the boxes? I haven't seen them in anything I've opened or in any of anyone else's pics, unless I missed it. It's a white dress, earrings, silver bracelet...pretty sure it was the first event ever, and the next was another, longer-sleeved (I think?) lace white dress with gold earrings.

I had that stuff, and then my game glitches and I had to restart my game in the fall of that first year it was out (2014, right?). Anyway, I really want that stuff back! Anyone seen it?
  • Options
    ioxdEpW.jpg

"The secret to my success is a tan and some plastic surgery." - Max

Also where did Vats go? He is my favorite cheerleader and the best and I know he will be happy I got my eyes. Now if only Sassy would log in because she can get her lips finally!

Okay and lastly, I opened a cr-ap ton of boxes so if anyone has any questions or wants to know the things available, let me know and I will post them. Or some. It was a lot. And like Minji said, you have to get through all the purses and shoes, and then hair and the eyes! will finally show up.

Max looks amazing! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    This game needs to add more purchasable eyes inside of the closets. I specifically want a doe-eyed makeup look for my dolls to enhance their physical features. I don't know. I guess lately I've been inspired watching makeup tutorials from YouTube. And I kinda want my dolls to resemble me irl.☺ Whenever I see my dolls trying it out, they look so weird and spaced out. It never seems to suite them either. It makes them to looks like they wanna change drastically and live up to Hollywood standards. They got the go by the motto: stay true to yourself. But then again this game doesn't have high-quality makeup looks just like in K&K game.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    NOTICE: if your trying to grind the TB sale for items that have appeared since March 2016, don't expect to find them. I've opened every TB box and I haven't gotten the items/hair from on March till now - so don't expect those.

Also.. Once I opened my 'last' TB box the event disappeared and it still hasn't appeared yet.. this can't be normal right??

There's a cutoff point as to what qualifies as a "throwback." But you opened 75 or was it 200 boxes I think you said? So you'll be busy with all that stuff for a while no doubt. By the time your doll has worn everything March '16 will prolly be a real tb. I also think it's not in Glu's best business interests to saturate the tb market, such as it is. *How* many boxes did you say you got to open?? WoWoWoW
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    MAXXXXXX! Skylar's new look is amazing!!! Congrats on your million boxes lol, but mostly the coveted eyes :D
    I got them

edit;; okay this was originally in caps because i am literally yelling, but you get my drift

i can't believe it

• Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts

And this my doll now <33 mah beautiful Minji
    EVaGJRD.png

Where is that top from? I got it in my TB box and I looked on the encyclopedia and can't find it. It's driving me crazy!
  • Options
    I got them

i can't believe it

MaxRocketintheSkywithDiamonds! Congratulations That was like a Vats' Hair for you. I'm so happy and Sklyer looks gorg. And doll, how much you spent is between you and the confessional. Ain't nobody elses business!

Cookie_Snap.gif

(I know. I've been there. Hmmmm, maybe I live there. lol)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

I'm here dear! And YES so happy that you got the eyes, thought it was really sad when you said that you didn't got them earlier, glad that you could go a little further.

Saw Sassy at instagram today and she's totally fine away from this throwback paranoia on a paradisiacal place, much more fun and healthy!

Also saw a pallette at instagram filled with 8 guy's hair styles, including the 1st anniversary one (Brad's) and Nene's 5-star weekend (super long and wave), to get a pallette like that I probably would have to open 100+ boxes. That's too much for my pockets. *sigh*

Skylar is really rocking that new look, hope to see more of her around here:D
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Ok... I literally opened 5000 kstars of throwback boxes and got NOTHING good. Yes . Five THOuSAND lol. I blew through all my saved kstars..

Question is that I am a MALE avatar looking for the 2014/2015? party hat new year hair, Christmas green pajamas, and vampire fangs.. did anyone see it in their palettes? Debating on whether I should buy more stars, but don't wanna waste my money.It looks like there are still quite a few items left to get....
  • Options
    Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    I'm not sure I want to take a chance and buy a throwback box since I'm only interested in getting one thing and that is the So Glamm eyes. I already have the lips. I don't want to waste my k-stars and then I don't get what I am looking for. *Sigh*
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Max, that I called your doll by the wrong name. Skylar looks great!

I took the plunge and bought two more boxes... Will I be able to survive the next 2 days without spending all my kstars? If I do, I really hope the gift box items this weekend don't make me regret it!

V77Xxwu.png

I am happy with the bag-- you can never go wrong with a Chanel, after all, but that ring will probably just sit in my closet! I have never seen that hair/hat show up in my boxes before, though.
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I wasn't even going to participate in this event. Koko, I read what you wrote in the hookah, I adore you for being the voice of positivity. Thank you for that, I really mean it!

This is just my luck.

7S1Hhgi.jpg
    Qwm66Hq.jpg

Yup.
  • Options
    Oh I love that bag. But you know what caught my eye? THat heart necklace. It looks different. I love that. And that bag....I have it and wear it with soooooo much. Congratulations. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary