Midweek event- Special TB Sale+ 8/16/16

Comments

• Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Thank you for posting this link!
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I know all items that I want and it's about 10, the rest is rest!

Vats I want to see the rest of your wish list!
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who is picking some amazing boxes, I love when people post their palettes so I can drool over them! Especially you Minji, what luck! maxrockatansky, that's fantastic that you got the eyes! haftime, that Chanel purse is on my wishlist :eek:

Thank you Ruby!! <3
  • Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    Omg I'm SO GONNA regret spending so much but I had a rly bad day and that rly made it so much better

I feel you! I spent an embarrassing amount of kstars on the throwback boxes. I didn't get the event -just the sale. (which is very odd because there are TONS of items I don't have) But I had a wishlist of items I really wanted and was hoping I could get it down to hair and the so glamm eyes. I got a bunch of wonderful items I wanted and bunch of accessories and shoes I didn't care for. But also lots I wanted lol. Clothing wise though there is only one dress still on my list so it may have been money worth spent. Even though I spent a tonnnn, if the algorithm thing is true I have lots of items still before I see much hair or the so glamm eyes. :( I'll have to post some pictures of some of my favorite items I was able to get my hands on.

Keem Sorry to see you saw your merdress! :(

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Thank you for posting this link!

No problem! :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Is is strange that I don't even have a wishlist? :confused:I'm like OK yeah whatever....at the end of day it's just virtual clothes, accessories, and hair. I can actually live without not winning it on an actual weekend event or throwback event. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only just a game and I'm not gonna stress myself over it.:)
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Items that seem to be missing from the TBS
    Fotor_147147534206290.jpg
    Fotor_147147648317393.jpg
    Sorry for the bad editing skills lol
    I got most of the pics from this thread
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    Is is strange that I don't even have a wishlist? :confused:I'm like OK yeah whatever....at the end of day it's just virtual clothes, accessories, and hair. I can actually live without not winning it on an actual weekend event or throwback event. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only just a game and I'm not gonna stress myself over it.:)

Organizing everything with lists and cataloging looks is part of the fun of it for me. That's one reason I love this forum, I see looks I've never thought of. I screenshot them and try them on my doll. I did that with one of your looks just yesterday :)
  • Options
    krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    The TB sale didn't include every single event item but had most of them according to people on instagram who opened every single box. Glu probably did it to save some items for future sales/events. That's my only guess.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

I wonder if it is because some of them are special event items. Like the puppy purse was from a spouse in a Valentines Day event and a few other things were gifts from Kim.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I wonder if it is because some of them are special event items. Like the puppy purse was from a spouse in a Valentines Day event and a few other things were gifts from Kim.
    Yeah, probably 😕 I don't think glu will add those, it's ok i guess but i really want that huge black dress and the mask! 😣😣
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Weren't the fangs in a daily giftbox? I kind of remember there being themed daily boxes. I want to say the mask was the same thing.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Weren't the fangs in a daily giftbox? I kind of remember there being themed daily boxes. I want to say the mask was the same thing.

tumblr_inline_ndz56kKeW11s96eki.png

Found this on Google, but yeah, they along with the mask you'd think would be true throwbacks and in the boxes

ps, that poor person, so close to such good things and just got kash :(
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    unique123 wrote: »
    I feel you! I spent an embarrassing amount of kstars on the throwback boxes. I didn't get the event -just the sale. (which is very odd because there are TONS of items I don't have) But I had a wishlist of items I really wanted and was hoping I could get it down to hair and the so glamm eyes. I got a bunch of wonderful items I wanted and bunch of accessories and shoes I didn't care for. But also lots I wanted lol. Clothing wise though there is only one dress still on my list so it may have been money worth spent. Even though I spent a tonnnn, if the algorithm thing is true I have lots of items still before I see much hair or the so glamm eyes. :( I'll have to post some pictures of some of my favorite items I was able to get my hands on.

Keem Sorry to see you saw your merdress! :(

I think most of us spent an embarrassing amount of money on the TB events. For me it was like I couldn't stop opening boxes almost like some sick addiction.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

My fangs.... my lovely fangs..........
    PM to add
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Okay I am officially done with this midweek's event. This is mostly due to the fact that I'm completely satisfied with the amount of TB boxes I gotten and I really don't feel like grinding for 400 more points just to get one more. The event ends in about 22 hours and I'm not half way done. It's just that doing reality shows over and over again and grinding for these TB events seem so tedious and repetitive, and the fact that every gig gives only 12 event points with no way to get bonus points it just almost becomes a chore for me. After opening the first black box, my motivation went down further and after the second box I just called it quits. Now I'm going to just focus on completing story gigs.

DuNLCUnh.jpg

The plus side to this event besides the amount of items I received is that I finally won the Glamm eyes and maybe someday I will get the matching lips. I tried them on my doll and they don't look half bad, but I think I prefer the NARS eyes. I just really wish we could change the makeup on them.

ZoqT57uh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    These one yeah and the new stuff from recent events dated back to March is also not included.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Minji wrote: »
    These one yeah and the new stuff from recent events dated back to March is also not included.

Items from five months ago are really not throwback items. There has to be a limit on what qualifies, right? Nope. Much too recent to legit be considered tb's. For things to qualify as antiques, for example, there's a standard set period of 80 years, though a few things can date up to 60 years. See what I mean? It's correct that such recent items not be included. You get what I'm saying, right? If you had every single last thing then that part of the game would be over for you, and in that case, why even bother to continue playing. At least, that's how *I* see it.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    AppleP is happy, Vats' Kat is happy, and Z, little ole' neglected tiny screen (Note 5 but compared with the Galaxy S Trab, and iPad Pro it's tiny) doesn't even remember what she got. We bought 2 throwbacks....earned two more and honestly don't recall what I got, other than the shiny silver spandex pants. so, I was hesitant to buy more boxes for the two games that got the event....I was afraid I'd get close to the earned TB and tip the fun house scales to the No Event for you, on them as well. And, Kat only bought 2 because she was sad to not be invited to the party. Like - oh, you can't come in, just leave your present at the door and we'll give you a swag bag. And, I thought my happiness over the xray dress would be short lived if I then paid for even more boxes and was left unhappy. So she shut down after getting her dress and whatever else she got.

Morning Dolls!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I am so angry I didn't even take a screenshot. I opened my throwback box to get... SUNGLASSES
  • Options
    I am so angry I didn't even take a screenshot. I opened my throwback box to get... SUNGLASSES

Ohhhhhhhhh no. This was the throwback you earned 600 points to win? I think even fans of sunglasses can feel your pain here.
  • Options
    wow. I'm sorry that happened. I love Sunnies, and even I think this is a huge letdown. I don't even remember what my phone game got, and she bought 3 boxes and the earned. THe very 1st box did give me pants I've wanted. Funny I remember that, and not one of the throwbacks. Aside from that one pair of pants, all my not throwback boxes, over 3 games all I got was cash and energy. I'll see what screenshots I took.

Soundspretty, did you at least get anything good in the other boxes?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    "Hope is a dangerous thing. It can drive a man insane"
    Yep. And I am masochist. After all this time, I still hope to get my fav item. And Glu is making it impossible and more harder every f time. Yeah, that's what you get for playing for 2 years and tapping the weekends away.

Stupid SG lips. I don't even want you anymore. Bye Felicia.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    wow. I'm sorry that happened. I love Sunnies, and even I think this is a huge letdown. I don't even remember what my phone game got, and she bought 3 boxes and the earned. THe very 1st box did give me pants I've wanted. Funny I remember that, and not one of the throwbacks. Aside from that one pair of pants, all my not throwback boxes, over 3 games all I got was cash and energy. I'll see what screenshots I took.

Soundspretty, did you at least get anything good in the other boxes?

Nope. I got $2500 in my black boxes and 40 energy in my gold box. Definitely a bummer but hopefully this weekend will have some great prizes to make up for it.
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    IMG_20160818_094504_zpshvucx4jw.jpg

done grinding! it's an okay dress, just wish the details are more noticeable, but I'm lucky to get the dress as I'm over accessories at the moment and I just want a cute dress or top!!

the upside to grinding is all that extra Kash I earned which will be used for what I heard is a dating event. anyone up for vintage wine over at oak?
  • Options
    My doll is currently single so this weekend, maybe I'll meet husband #7!
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Vida I LOVE that dress but haven't been lucky enough to get it as yet, so congrats to you! :D
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    IMG_20160818_094504_zpshvucx4jw.jpg
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    As promised, here are my TB boxes. Overall it was pretty meh. But what I have I can't get again so I'm happy.

Mpxeukx.jpg
    I really like the skirt but so far I haven't really found anything to go with it. Oh well, the purse is nice I like that it's smaller than most other purses, it really looks like an evening purse.

krBR7KO.jpg
    Guess I dodged getting two pairs of sunglasses! I really like the boots, probably going to wear them a lot in fall/winter. (Anyone else feel weird putting your doll in unseasonal clothes or just me?)

8VWWee4.jpg
    One of the dreaded Halloween items out of the way. I like the cuff but it is really big on my doll? Looks a bit weird in my opinion.

0wPtC51.jpg
    The earrings were my "earned" item. I like them, probably going to get a lot of wear out of them. The shoes on the other hand....

J2qv1Jj.jpg
    I couldn't resist one last one. At least it's a clothing item, I kinda like it but have to figure out how to style it.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    If were were at a party, with all the throwback items available, I'd throw them all in a pile on the bed and just roll around, ok, I'd be careful of the shoes, but I'd roll around in the rest.

How much longer? Should I buy one more? lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    So I only bought one TB box, decided I wanted to save my stars but I did get a really nice dress out of it and I was cool with that (sorry don't have the screenshot).

I got an outfit and pair of green heels in my two black boxes and this adorable hair in my gold box, it is this shorter bob hairstyle I have always wanted but didn't get a chance to earn before. So, I was thrilled.

Grinding my way to earn the TB box now, about 100 points away.