Options

Google+ Update

KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
Hey guys,

I have some news for Android players. The Google+ sign-in feature has been removed from this game because Google is no longer supporting it. Unfortunately, this means that your Google+ friends will no longer be updated in-game.

To see other friends in-game and keep up-to-date with them, please sign into Facebook from the Settings menu.
#VIPKalinda
http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Thanks for informing us Android players about this news. Whoa! :eek: I was really looking forward for Glu to fix the Android freeze situation (for ex. There are dolls whose clothes hasn't been changed on my games like literally for months now):(. I have friends who my dolls can't interact with real player contacts via game play anymore.

I only have one Facebook account on my first original game and I don't wanna create a separate second Facebook account for my new game. I'm really disappointed that Google is no longer supporting the Android platform.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Thanks for letting us know.

And what about our saved games? I know the progress is synced via Google Play to the servers, which I believe will no longer be possible.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    What, nooooooo :(

Well then give us the krew feature (from KKG) please!
    PM to add
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Well that's really sad because my KKH game is signed to my personal FB account and I love ya'll here but I think if I have you all on my personal FB account I'll have like 500+ friends LOL

But isn't it time now for Facebook sync? Because a lot of people don't know how to change from device to device (I do with helium backup but still..)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, wait, so....I start 2 fb accounts, one for each android. I add all my friends that way, and my dolls will see each other as intended? Ok, I am going to try that. Please don't tell me that because my games were already playing together, they cannot be corrected. I can't have twins that don't look alike and just before the freeze I made one doll look like Vatsy's mom and sister. And I forgot to change some of the features back..

While someone explains to me why this won't work, I'll go try. fingers crossed big time. I stopped making a cake for a dinner party, and put my pool plans on hold. This is more important.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I deactivated my facebook a long time ago and i don't want to activate it again :( please find another solution
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    I made fb accounts for each android game. I logged into each game, and logged into FB in each game. Games were still frozen in each other's screen. Cleared cache. Shut down the devices. Now I'm rebooting... no change.

Ok, opened my browser in my phone, typed fb, and I saw FB connected with GooglePlay, so I downloaded that on my phone. That might be the key?

Anyone want to jump in while I'm documenting my poking around? Now I'll go find that same app and take it on my tablet.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok,  I've done everything possible.  I authorized FB in my games.  I got both facebook installed on each Android, authorized everything. opened up the game again and it showed updating.... open the games...they're still frozen in each other's account.  So, maybe this is for new games who were never on the old system.  But.  if anyone has any luck please share your success story.  If i'm just too dumb to understand this, then I'll learn.  <br><br>But spending the last hour knocking my head against the wall is not my idea of a good time.  Help? Anyone?  Do I have to make anything in particular public?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    WHAT?

I got the popup, but I didn't got it until reading this thread!

Charli wrote: »
    And what about our saved games? I know the progress is synced via Google Play to the servers, which I believe will no longer be possible.

Exactly my thoughts, I noticed that instead of have written 'V Vats' (that is my G+) at my sig-in button now is InvictusVats(that is my Googleplay ID), so maybe the game is stored there yet.

Kalinda please provide us some clarifications!

After reading Koko's saga with facebook I won't give a try unless the game is supposedly to be stored at facebook now, however Britney's work that way, well at least should work cause I heard a lot of people losing their progress because of that or unable to restore it...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats, I'm going to FB and friending INvictus. Look for a request from both accounts. TBH, I know *** my other doll is wearing, and if I can at least see you properly in the game, well, I'll take anything at this point. The whole reason I started the 2nd Android game was to troubleshoot it myself, because I couldn't get any help as far as seeing real people in the game. In the end, it was because I was signed into FB. ANd when I figured that out and signed out.....I saw all my friends on both games.

NVMD. I thought you said you logged into FB. But, pm me with your FB info. I want to try that. We've never been friends on FB, so maybe...
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I don't understand what's the use of our gamer IDs then⁉ I'm hoping that Glu finds another alternative option for this because not everyone wants to connect their game(s) to Facebook.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Koko I'm not connected on facebook!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I don't understand what's the use of our gamer IDs then⁉ I'm hoping that Glu finds another alternative option for this because not everyone wants to connect their game(s) to Facebook.

I don't think the gamer ID and G+ sign in are the same thing. I think G+ was just an alternative to using Facebook. I'm just guessing here but I think the ID is associated with the play store.

I agree with you though. I don't mind connecting my game to FB but in order to play with anyone they'd have to be your FB friends. Unless you want strangers in your personal biz you'd have to create a shell account.

Although my game is not connected to FB yet every once in awhile it prompts me to login when I open the app. Then I check the settings and it's still not connected :rolleyes: I think the whole thing is wonky.
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Koko I'm not connected on facebook!

Well, in that case, if you start a fb account with your google email technically, when we add each other. OUr games will think we've have just met? and wel'll see each other as we are? I'm totally disheartened over this.

I've requested clarification from Glu, so we'll see. But seriously, think about just doing one so we can test and see if FB will let me see anyone as they are.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Is there a FAQ that explains how the social media connections work? I'd look it up but I'm about to leave work for the day ;)
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I don't think the gamer ID and G+ sign in are the same thing. I think G+ was just an alternative to using Facebook. I'm just guessing here but I think the ID is associated with the play store.

That's right, they are not the same thing. Google+ was Google's attempt at social media, a Facebook-type thing. They stopped supporting it a long time ago, for all intents and purposes. Google gamer IDs are separate and that continues.

Also, was this initial post also addressing the issue of frozen Android friends? I thought it was just letting us know that Google+ support was done.
  • Options

I agree with you though. I don't mind connecting my game to FB but in order to play with anyone they'd have to be your FB friends. Unless you want strangers in your personal biz you'd have to create a shell account.

Although my game is not connected to FB yet every once in awhile it prompts me to login when I open the app. Then I check the settings and it's still not connected :rolleyes: I think the whole thing is wonky.

Well, Glu still needs to do something about it because I only have 1 personal Facebook account and I'm not gonna create another account just for gaming purposes. Uh huh it ain't gonna happen. If iOS players can connect KKH to gamecenter, then why not Android players also for the gamer IDs? They need to figure it out and find another solution to this.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    To see Facebook friends in you game's contact list:
    1. Become friends on Facebook with the person whose character you want to see in-game
    2. Log-in to Facebook via the game
    3. Wait for the game's contact list to update and show that person's character

Not all aspects of this are in our control. The game sends its friend info to the Facebook system frequently but sometimes it may take time for Facebook's side to push those changes to your friends' games. This means that it could take some time to see friends update in the game.

Keep checking your game regularly and the contact list should eventually update to show your friends' latest looks.

As for your Kim Kardashian: Hollywood ID, it’s separate from all social media accounts. It’s helpful for you to have it in case you encounter a technical issue, so our support team can help you troubleshoot your game.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I don't like Facebook. Not on my phone. Every day "updating" (spying), I 've had enough and removed the FBI.

Guess my doll will stay all alone.
    But I wouldn't like the "Krew" function here on KKH, because it's not really working. I can hardly type a sentence in the chat because the keyboard is freezing all the time and it's impossible to have a normal conversation. If I want to communicate I come to the forum, that's much better!

This Google notification keeps popping up every 2 min, I have signed out, restarted the game, no change.
    Android
  • Options
    Thank you Kalinda. :) So guys, remember how we had to wait for a while for our Google contacts to show? Well, same thing apparently. So, we'll all keep checking, and once one of us see's another, we'll all be encouraged. My head hurts. ANyone else?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Maybe Glu will find a way to connect Twitter instead. It's at least less invasive than Facebook. I'm not adding random people on FB just for a game.

I hope the Google + message is just temporary. You would think it should have disappeared after the first time you opened your game and/or acknowledged the message :rolleyes:
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I don't like Facebook. Not on my phone. Every day "updating" (spying), I 've had enough and removed the FBI.

Guess my doll will stay all alone.
    But I wouldn't like the "Krew" function here on KKH, because it's not really working. I can hardly type a sentence in the chat because the keyboard is freezing all the time and it's impossible to have a normal conversation. If I want to communicate I come to the forum, that's much better!

This Google notification keeps popping up every 2 min, I have signed out, restarted the game, no change.

Also, FB makes you install Messenger--if someone messages you, which is the only reason I downloaded it--they won't let you read or send messages there anymore for at least the past year and a half. And it's like an octopus that spreads its tentacles all through your phone. I logged into FB one day the other week, and it had my new furniture from pics I took on my phone! FB stole my pics, w t f! And asked did I want to "Share" with my friends. What?!
  • Options
    DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    I haven't used FB in years. It is an outrageous invader of privacy and, in my opinion, should be outlawed.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I haven't used FB in years too. If FB is the only solution, I guess I have to create a shell account just for games. Unless Glu rolls out the krew feature in KKH, I guess that's the only way because it had been some boring months with frozen contacts!

Hey this whole connecting to FB thing isn't just for Androids right? GC is no longer available for iOS and to add new friends, it has to go through FB as well.

Sounds like a whole fluffing ploy by FB.
    PM to add
  • Options
    What? Why would Game Center and iOS games be affected? Have you heard something I missed?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I started a thread in Gifting and Friends SOLEY for google+ users to post their FB info.

Otherwise there will be a lot of PMs going out. So far I added Peter to both games. I have a lot more of you guys to hook up with. I want to connect with you again before I start taking new people. I have to get Jax out of that fur. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CodeRedCodeRed Registered Users 46 Posts
    The thing with Google is that they don't care, I'm still seriously angry at them after they bought a website with over a million users and shut it down for no reason a few years back. Google+ was a total flop and never worked properly. Not to mention they own Android and they can do whatever they want with it.
    I'm glad I switched to iOS and I definitely wouldn't want to connect any games to my personal FB account, but as long as you configure everything properly it's completely fine. I have always disabled FB syncing with my phone and never added my phone number either and it's all good.
    iOS doll: Ruby, A+++ lister, last comeback, daily player and I love new friends.
    GC is Synerje87, feel free to add me.
  • Options
    Yes, yes yes yes yes. Ok. Kat Kokonut, the first to connect with Bilal on FB, sees him in a brand new Green Jacket. I'm so sorry for doubting. They froze when I was pms-ing. So now whenever I pms, it all comes back. every damm month. Let there be rejoicing. Vatsy, do a FB page just for the connections. Look at mine, There's like nothing there. Now I'll start tossing pics up, but Please, please, everyone, put your hestiation about FB aside. Just open it and connect. I am happy. So Happy. Oh, I didn't even check my other game in that account. hang on......no.

The other game hasn't.....did I friend the other game in FB? LOL. Ok, if ones good, the others will come.

Thank You Glu!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Yay! I can't wait to see everyone!
  • Options
    I've always decided that for me personally that I'm always gonna have 1 Facebook account and I can't juggle/balance to have another Facebook account. So hey it is what it is.:)
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.