Options

Halloween Weekend Event 10/28/16 - Let's go Trick or Treating!

Comments

• Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    that guy's costume could be a teen wolf, but i thought it was the cowardly lion-- you know, to go with the dorothy?

it is strange that the earnable and gb costumes are reversed for guys and girls, so that it'll be harder to have a matching couple, probably.

i am very excited about the event-- i was obsessed with dorothy when i was a little girl, so that would be a fun costume to win. i want to play around with styling the 18th century earnables, too! halloween party time!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Can't wait to see what costumes we will be getting this year!

And here's what my doll is wearing right now. I believe she was going for a dead courtisane from 19th century Paris kinda look.
    3142cmb.jpg

It's always good to be a part of the King's court. Alive...or dead. And a masquerade ball never fails to be a welcome and most anticipated event. A courtesan! Your ball gowns must all be magnificent!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    that guy's costume could be a teen wolf, but i thought it was the cowardly lion-- you know, to go with the dorothy?

It's definitely teen wolf

Michael+J+Fox+Teen+Wolf.jpg

If it didn't have the letter jacket then I would say cowardly lion. With a different shirt you couldn't definitely style it that way though.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Aww, loving the teen wolf costume! The Hamilton esque one is cute but I'm not sure I would be as tempted to chase it were they reversed.

Thanks for the spoilers, can't wait!

Any one else dressing in old costumes this weekend in anticipation? Perhaps we should post here what we're wearing each day as we grind ;3

Yeah, I'm dressing as betty crocker this weekend. Baba's gf is home for the weekend, starting TONIGHT, so Dinner Saturday means I bake a cake. So Flour up to my earlobes, I'm not a neat baker or chef. Oh then I'm putting on my French Maid costume to clean the house. And the Basement Zen Den. It's my escape half of the basement, but when Baba has his GF over, that's where they hang. Poor thing, doesn't like purple. She loves being here but she's surrounded by purple. From light lilac to in your face purple flashing metalic jackolanterns. That's why I love Halloween. Purple is one of the official colors. ;) oh, but no. no costumes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Mistress Korkov is ready to host some freaky parties this weekend. Who dares to come?

A3ayWJv.jpg

This look put me over the top on SYS points. 😜
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Thank you for the spoilers Kalinda, but I have one question. Will the newer players be able to get the Halloween background pics or no?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I love it all OMG. Glu has outdid themselves yet again!
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Yeah, I'm dressing as betty crocker this weekend. Baba's gf is home for the weekend, starting TONIGHT, so Dinner Saturday means I bake a cake. So Flour up to my earlobes, I'm not a neat baker or chef. Oh then I'm putting on my French Maid costume to clean the house. And the Basement Zen Den. It's my escape half of the basement, but when Baba has his GF over, that's where they hang. Poor thing, doesn't like purple. She loves being here but she's surrounded by purple. From light lilac to in your face purple flashing metalic jackolanterns. That's why I love Halloween. Purple is one of the official colors. ;) oh, but no. no costumes.

Oh! I have those metallic purple Jack-o'lanterns too! Purple is most certainly an official color. I got them at the party store about 8 years ago--*8 years ago!* Theyre just timeless, and very cool. I wish they'd also had them in pink, I love pink. She doesn't like purple? Isn't that, like, illegal?? I say add some purple food coloring to the cake then! (It is Halloween after all, and that's just a teeny minor trick!) I have my black cat costume. The cute little ears, a tail, a little whiskered nose--but I prefer to just add whiskers to my face when I do my makeup; remember wearing a mask when you were a kid and breathing in that thing, the discomfort of the trapped moisture, the amazing feeling of fresh air on your face when you took it off? My little cat nose is way smaller but the feeling's just the same; so I like to just add them to my makeup. Which I always have the best time doing. Three years ago I found the most adorable little black velvet bow tie with rhinestones decoration, and it's great because you only have to tie silk cord at the back of your neck; no wide fabric or anything, and it just looks very cute. Then a long-sleeve black tee or something and black jeans is all. We won't be going out this year because I'm kind of sick, but to answer the door we like to have some little "mini costume" things going on. I think my bf will prob wear his Frankenstein's monster half mask. And then, time to carve the pumpkin in the next day or two! It's nice you'll have company for the holiday weekend. :)
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Thank you for the spoilers Kalinda, but I have one question. Will the newer players be able to get the Halloween background pics or no?

Newer players cannot get the Halloween Photo Booth background.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Newer players cannot get the Halloween Photo Booth background.

Thank you Kalinda for answering my question although it's quite disappointing the new players can't receive any of the holiday backgrounds. :(
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    What a lovely lovely lovely costume! Thank you so much Kalinda!

Oh please tell that the tail moves! I always wanted to have a tail since I was a kid, would be so cool to have one and whip the face of those who are bothering me with it lol

I thought it was a lion judging by the huge mane (looks like my hair when I wake up), tail and paws, but the outfit does look like with the one soundspretty posted... The muzzle and ears are different from the pic, reminds me a dog. Well definitely a hybrid!

The box outfit is really cool too, but it will have to wait for the throwback boxes!

Girls' Dorothy outfit is...sexy! I wonder when Glu will show some more love to guys and give us a puppy in a bag too!:o

isabeau wrote: »
    I agree, I'm not up for a VIP at all just now. A 5-star would be best, I think. My star cache is very low and I won't be buying a nice size pack--or any pack whatsoever--until Monday. You're right--the magic would just take a total nose dive. It's supposed to be holiday fun, not holiday angst.Oh no! I hate having only part of a costume--and you have just Legolas's bottom half (how can we swoon over Legolas when he's become more the Headless Horseman than a most beautiful elf!?). Sadly, I have only Little Red Riding Hood's legs with her red shoes, which I had gotten in one of the first weekday throwback events. (That girl has some biggggg feet!) (When the costumes were offered to buy maybe a month or so ago, the prices were ridiculous and I didn't need Little Red in the least, so no reason to buy it.

The only Holliday that they are allowed to do a VIP event is during Black Friday, because you know... shopping! Last year they did one during July 4th and was frustrating and I'm not even American lol

Imcomplete outfits are so meh! I also have just the shoes from the fireman outfit. Legolas' hair is the one I'm most looking for though, cause I can use it at anytime.

Oh I would love if Halloween was a thing in my country, but it's not celebrated here. Actually would be spooky for real letting the kiddos go trick-or-treat around here lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    It's going to be a bad Halloween for Clowns. clowns are just popping up here allegedly i a menacing manner. Very weird. Some peeping in windows and outside playgrounds, malls. To get checked out pretty quickly and last night getaway of course.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    It's going to be a bad Halloween for Clowns. clowns are just popping up here allegedly i a menacing manner. Very weird. Some peeping in windows and outside playgrounds, malls. To get checked out pretty quickly and last night getaway of course.

I saw that too! It's a new viral, some people already were caught doing that here:eek:

Want to hear something spooky?

Gosh I peed myself from laughing of it! I used to play flute when I was younger, but I don't practice it for years now, so probably if I try is gonna sound exaclty like that XD
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I thought it was a lion judging by the huge mane (looks like my hair when I wake up), tail and paws, but the outfit does look like with the one soundspretty posted... The muzzle and ears are different from the pic, reminds me a dog. Well definitely a hybrid!

Hybrid definitely! Or maybe Glu doesn't know what a werewolf looks like :P Werelion?

Uhh the clown epidemic is completely weird. We haven't had any issues where I live but reading news reports, there are people out there getting hurt. Just the other day a teenager dressed up as a clown for this prank and his friends stabbed him because he had a hammer and they thought he was actually after them. Definitely not a funny prank with everything that's going on.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Want to hear something spooky?

Gosh I peed myself from laughing of it! I used to play flute when I was younger, but I don't practice it for years now, so probably if I try is gonna sound exaclty like that XD

OMG I laughed so hard at this, thank you for sharing hahaha!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts

I was reading all about the clown sightings before bed a few weeks ago. Bad, bad idea.

Some state (I want to say Arkansas) banned clown costumes this year because it was getting so bad.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Holli berriHolli berri Registered Users 26 Posts
    Hi everyone , Could you guys tell me how to get a card for the game to buy stars - I'm sooo loving the wizard of Oz stuff , Thank you sooo much😁 Good luck everyone this weekend and Happy Halloween👻😱*****
  • Options
    Hi everyone , Could you guys tell me how to get a card for the game to buy stars - I'm sooo loving the wizard of Oz stuff , Thank you sooo much�� Good luck everyone this weekend and Happy Halloween����*****

Do you mean like a gift card? If you play iOS you can get an iTunes card, or if you play on an Android device you will need a Google Play gift card. You can buy these online or find them in stores.

Or, at least via Google Play, you can tie your account to a credit/debit card and have it directly paid for that way. ITunes is probably the same way although I don't use it to know for sure.
  • Options
    Thank you sounds pretty ,I play on Android , soo I go to best buy to get a Google play card is that right ? I have not bought stars yet , but my husband works next door to best buy , I tell my husband if you don't get me a card , I'm not cooking lol 😂 Thanks sweetie *****
  • Options
    Thank you sounds pretty ,I play on Android , soo I go to best buy to get a Google play card is that right ? I have not bought stars yet , but my husband works next door to best buy , I tell my husband if you don't get me a card , I'm not cooking lol �� Thanks sweetie *****

LOL! Yes, just buy a gift card for Google Play. Once you get it go into the Google Play app and on your menu you'll see a link that says "Redeem". Then you just type in the code that's on the card and you're good to go :)
  • Options
    Can't I just redeem the code where it says buy stars right , thanks again 🎃 calling best buy right now lol😎****
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

Oh, I meant in-game costumes XD

I can't remember the last time I went to a halloween party - maybe middle school? - but everyone seems to be either busy, tired or doing halloween for their own kids so I'm just going to wait for the candy sale on November 1st instead ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Thank you sounds pretty ,I play on Android , soo I go to best buy to get a Google play card is that right ? I have not bought stars yet , but my husband works next door to best buy , I tell my husband if you don't get me a card , I'm not cooking lol  Thanks sweetie *****

Hi Holli. You and I read the same books. lol. "or I'm not cooking" is on my brain's speed dial. lol. You'll love buying stars. You should buy the jet if you haven't all ready. With a Jet and a vehicle....you can gather all the extra energy by tapping around the world without it costing any of your K$.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Oh, I meant in-game costumes XD

I can't remember the last time I went to a halloween party - maybe middle school? - but everyone seems to be either busy, tired or doing halloween for their own kids so I'm just going to wait for the candy sale on November 1st instead ;3

oh, In game I'm wearing the pirate Wench without the hat, and with the Springs knee high boots on one game, one queen of hearts, and then I'll play around with different looks. I have a killer weekend ahead, starting with 9 a.m. tomorrow so I guess I'll sleep Sunday night into Monday. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi kokokonut, got my cooking out the way for this weekend lol , can't have my husband going hungry while I'm on the game this weekend , Sunday he will have to cook for me 😉 yes I have the jet zoom ✈ right through I hope , no sweetie the card for the 40 boxes , thanks baby girl😎 Good luck to ya all *****
  • Options
    Can't I just redeem the code where it says buy stars right , thanks again �� calling best buy right now lol��****

Oops you're right! It does give you the option to redeem in the little popup. Sorry, I've never done that before :) makes things easier though
  • Options
    Thanks hon it's all good😁*****
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Finally we got some good stuff I can grind for this weekend :)
  • Options
    Finally this Halloween event is awesome thanks glu , I'm just overjoyed with glee yippee😅 let's get this party started 🍻, I'm all in *****
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Clarification, I thought the guy's costume was a lion. But some of you say it's a wolf.
    PM to add