Options

MLK Day, Monday Musings, Midweek Wonderings 1/17/17

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Don't think I'm callous for adding Martin Luther King's day of observance to a Monday, waiting for midweek news thread, but hey, I thought we should all just take a moment, and thank him for ground brraking efforts so we can all try to live together in peace and harmony. We're all brothes and sisters under the sun.

I woke up this morning, and wondered, will there be a midweek event this week? Just remember we don't always have them, but if we do......I whistfully gaze out the window.....snow on the ground and dotting the trees..and I see....Nuthin. I got nuthin. No vibes, no feeling, not an inkling or a sense. How about you?

Do you think we'll have a midweek, and what will it be? I'd love a SYS (but I'm afraid WWIB may have knocked that out of the ballpark) the ones with a TB Box for the first two boxes, then a brand new outfit for the last two. I'm going to hope long and hard for something like that. How about you?

So, talk about a midweek, talk about MLK and what his legacy means in a peaceful, not political aspect. Talk about your plans for dinner. Talk about what evers on your mind, as we pass the time waiting for any news of a midweek event that might come our way.

And at the appropriate moment, one of us will break out in Chant. Polite and respectful at times. But for now....tell me what you want, what you really really want.........and let's get this Monday started. :)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
πŸ’œVats
πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I am also hoping for a SYS (or something similar). :)

Perfect song choice!
    β™‘ iOS (level 64 A+++) β™‘
    β™”Β Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhΒ β™”
  • Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I'm hoping for a SYS (although I wish they would make the event free to play. I hate paying K-Stars to participate). I'm getting sort of tired of the 5-star TB just because I have to grind to get to that free TB box.
  • Options
    Yes Selena. That's how I feel. I've been playing for a long time, so my first 3 prize palettes are full of cash, energy some stars, I rarely get an item until the TB. Although I did get the twin bun hair in a box, so that was good. :)And yeah, the good old familiar feel of 2 TBs followed by an outfit would be awesome. But even if there's no midweek, I'm just happy to be part of another week in KK:H. All in all, I love midweeks. Give me a chance for clothes, and that is what the game is all about for me and my dolls. ;)

Glad you liked my song choice. Everyone, pick a video and share it. Let's get this monday morning off to a great shot.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Yes, can't wait for the midweek event to start! Really hoping for a SYS event or an authentic Throwback Event with four Throwback boxes.

My workday is almost over (3.30pm over here), but here is an impression of how my Monday has been going so far...

[video=youtube_share;SsmVgoXDq2w]https://youtu.be/SsmVgoXDq2w[/video]

Edited to add:
    .....snow on the ground and dotting the trees..
    OMG, Koko, I'm so jealous you have snow!! We barely get snow here in the Netherlands.. I love to ski and my husband and the twins do too, so next month we will travel to Austria for a week's vacation in the snow!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    I love that song......here's an adorable vid, where's Amy? She'll love some of the graphics in this

[video=youtube_share;AoBN8CKn0WY]https://youtu.be/AoBN8CKn0WY[/video]
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: Β»
    Yes, can't wait for the midweek event to start! Really hoping for a SYS event or an authentic Throwback Event with four Throwback boxes.

My workday is almost over (3.30pm over here), but here is an impression of how my Monday has been going so far...

[video=youtube_share;SsmVgoXDq2w]https://youtu.be/SsmVgoXDq2w[/video]

Edited to add:

OMG, Koko, I'm so jealous you have snow!! We barely get snow here in the Netherlands.. I love to ski and my husband and the twins do too, so next month we will travel to Austria for a week's vacation in the snow!

There's a ton of snow down here. I am in Bavaria and sooooo much snow. I'm getting sick of it, TBH. Austria is going to have. A lot when you go.

Do you drive down in your camper or do you fly down?
  • Options
    zitrone wrote: Β»
    There's a ton of snow down here. I am in Bavaria and sooooo much snow. I'm getting sick of it, TBH. Austria is going to have. A lot when you go.

Do you drive down in your camper or do you fly down?
    Bavaria is so lovely! I live near the beach so we barely get snow.
    I saw in my ski-app that there is indeed a lot of snow already in Austria! We are travelling with three families: the fathers will drive there with all our luggage and I and the other two moms will fly with the kids, a twelve-hour drive is a stretch for the kids haha!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    KueenKhloΓ©1719KueenKhloΓ©1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    It's Monday !!!!!
    4239C33A-356B-415B-AC5F-38FD482213BB_zpsj4jlufs2.gif
    I personally dislike Monday mornings, but; I hadn't had my coffee yet so that explains that

Still it's a new week and of course the MIDWEEK EVENT MAY HAPPEN! With that being said hopefully it's a SYS event and with the Big update we got before the Canada update SYS hasn't been a midweek event ever since so mabye it got a rework done. Of course I wished it started this morning since I got the day off thanks to the wise man known as Martin Luther King may he rest in peace.
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hope you all had a good weekend! Tomorrow there will be a 5-Star Throwback Event (Dating)
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Hope you all had a good weekend! Tomorrow there will be a 5-Star Throwback Event (Dating)
    Yey happy about that, love date events! Thank you so much Kalinda!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Thanks for the update Kalinda! Yay for midweek but dating.......................

Arguably the worst type of event. Glu, you're killing me.
  • Options
    MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Thanks Kalinda!

I'm excited for dating :) before the last update I divorced my partner (who is a GC friend). With the update our relationship was reset and I kind of regret the divorce so I've been waiting for a dating event!
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • Options
    Yay. Thank you Kalinda. Happy Monday. It's always nice to have a midweek event to look forward to.

[video=youtube_share;Vw9LOrHU8JI]https://youtu.be/Vw9LOrHU8JI[/video]

And remember ladies, if you don'the want to wake up the family- hydration before bedtime is a silent alarm and makes your skin look wonderful.

See, I love rupaul, and had this one in the chamber if it was a working event, and well the fingerslipped. Lol enjoy anyway because getting ready for the date is work anyway.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Oh dear. This is one of the worst midweek events along with the Party midweek event. Could you please bring SYS back?
    Ain't gonna grind i'm so sick of tapping nonstop like a robot. Seriously.
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hope the boxes will be more kind to me this week, last time I got 3x cash and an ugly bracelet. *sigh*
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Well my doll has been single for over a month now so it's finally time for husband Nr. 5
    Just have to decide who it's going to be now.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

I may be in a minority of this but I honestly wished that glu never implemented these midweek events into the game. It's tedious, repetitive, and redundant. At the beginning, it used to be fun and it brought lots & lots of the players together as a family at the forums. It was such a friendly and fun atmosphere. But, now the throwback events just doesn't feel the same anymore ever since glu purposefully removed the 4 original throwback boxes☹️.

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➑ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    For this type of midweek throwback event, I don't even try for the last box. I just get the first three, and hope for kstars or tiles. I don't have many black or gold box items left to find, and I really don't care about throwbacks anymore. So opening boxes for me is more like daily gift boxes. I am also afraid to get all the way to the Throwback box and open a purse.
  • Options
    Depending on the purse....i;) I hear you though. I got the green Boa a couple of weeks ago. Can't get that one again oh wait I hope all three games already have it LOL otherwise I know what I'm getting this mid week.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hmmmm. Occasionally our spouse will pay for a date, but that's not new. I don't know how many relationshop points you have to be to trigger that. Oh, It's an achievement. I want to say Level 4 romantic, or something. We can look that up in the forums somewhere.

Or maybe I still have Christmas brain, because I'm drawing a blank. Anyone?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Oh god I can't with this dating and party stuff midweek. It's too much Glu.

Am I crazy or did the midweeks used to be like mini-events and expect way fewer points and effort than weekends?

They legit need to give us more expensive restaurants, more 4-room homes for parties. Come on. Calabasas and Oak are getting so stale.

I don't even feel like playing anymore. I feel like one of those people that sits in cafes grinding for Bitcoin to trade for a living.
  • Options
    Ugh I don't want to date for just one throwback box. Dating events cost so much kash - yet they still only give us one throwback box.
  • Options
    But that TB Box just might have the item you most desire. Believe me I feel kind of the same way...but when you win the fuzzy sweater or the st Patrick's day dress....oh the short little whit dress wigtht he waist cutout.....darn it. I was quiet because I was going to sit it out....KatieAlexandraa...my pep talk for you just talked me into it. Lol. What is the one thing you'd want most?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Well seeing that last week I got the mistletoe earrings.... Ugh.

Honestly if I had gotten them a month ago I would have been happier. But 2 weeks after Christmas?! Not cool.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    But that TB Box just might have the item you most desire. Believe me I feel kind of the same way...but when you win the fuzzy sweater or the st Patrick's day dress....oh the short little whit dress wigtht he waist cutout.....darn it. I was quiet because I was going to sit it out....KatieAlexandraa...my pep talk for you just talked me into it. Lol. What is the one thing you'd want most?

Haha Koko! I do appreciate the pep talk, but unfortunitely with school and work getting to the throwback box won't even be possible for me. I can usually only manage it with 5-star midweek events, when I can keep doing reality shows. Still, more often than not, the throwback item I get isn't something I will use, but I am just thankful that I am getting some of the less desirable things out of the way.

Most of my most-wanted items haven't even shown up in my throwback boxes yet, as I am missing too many items from restarting my game this year. Mostly hairstyles!
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Happy MLK day everyone! :) I may be the only one that feels this way, but I really no longer enjoy the 5 star TB midweek events. Like Carol mentioned earlier, they seem tedious and repetitive to do. I don't enjoy struggling to get 600 points to obtain one TB event that I might not even like. It's even more of a hassle with the TB party events. There was a point that I really enjoyed the TB events with four TB boxes as prizes and showing off my doll's winnings on the forum. I would do as many reality shows as I could to get to the last box, but now for some reason, when I know there's gonna be a TB event with the gold and black boxes I don't even attempt to open the game and do it. The fact that Glu made it harder to get TB items may have something to do with it and the fact that there hasn't been a SYS event in a few weeks makes me think that they aren't doing them anymore. I really hope that's not the case as I enjoy SYS events better then TB events, because you get two TB items first plus two new exclusive items. I know many of us wishes that Glu would go back to the TB closet sale, but I don't see that happening either. Glu is out to make money and they will make more of it selling TB items so the player will spend more going through box after box to get the items they want rather than have the player choose which items they want to buy from the closet. Unless they are a completist, I don't think a lot of players care about owing every single event item. Even then the more popular items are harder to get. It's no coincidence that a player has to own almost all of the clothes, shoes, and accessories before hairstyles and facial features start appearing in the palettes. So, I guess it's a good and a bad thing that I lost my enthusiasm for these midweek events since Glu has made them unenjoyable for me. I'm sorry to bring negativity to the TB events, but this is just how I feel. :(
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Unless they are a completist, I don't think a lot of players care about owing every single event item. Even then the more popular items are harder to get. It's no coincidence that a player has to own almost all of the clothes, shoes, and accessories before hairstyles and facial features start appearing in the palettes. So, I guess it's a good and a bad thing that I lost my enthusiasm for these midweek events since Glu has made them unenjoyable for me. I'm sorry to bring negativity to the TB events, but this is just how I feel. :(

THIS totally.

I'm someone who is compelled mightily to grind and earn on the games I play to a ridiculous extent...but I look at this event and I legit don't even care anymore.

The fact is that the algorithm not only holds hair until last, but it holds clothing until second to last. We are forced to 'win' the accessories first, unless we get super lucky and hit the one dress thrown in every few events.

I have 1.4 million kash. I do all dates at Oak and still the events take forever.
  • Options
    THIS totally.

I'm someone who is compelled mightily to grind and earn on the games I play to a ridiculous extent...but I look at this event and I legit don't even care anymore.

The fact is that the algorithm not only holds hair until last, but it holds clothing until second to last. We are forced to 'win' the accessories first, unless we get super lucky and hit the one dress thrown in every few events.

I have 1.4 million kash. I do all dates at Oak and still the events take forever.

Also legit don't even care anymore. Honestly, I don't even try with these now because they are so worthless.

I'm a collector in this game, meaning that I want to have all of the items. This used to be possible (difficult, but possible), but Glu has completely changed everything and now it is completely impossible, as we only see about two throwback items a month (meaning I will never get everything, as I miss out on at least 8 event items a month. The only way for me to complete my goal at this moment is to have a hacked game and unlimited k-stars, which I am not willing to do.
  • Options
    Never be afraid of speaking honestly about how you feel towards the game. glu uses these forums as a means of getting the pulse of of the commun ity. And as long as you remain respectful of the other players your honest opinions are welcomed. They test things, try to reach a balance.......

I always say I'm not doing the whole thing....but I usually get one great item for the 3 games, and that's fine. But when I'm just starting out.....oh it is tedius. How to fill up 600 points, 12 points at a time. Yeah, I hate the beginning of the event. lol. But then I come away with an wonderful prize...hey, it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you Kalinda, for confirming our Midweek event! I would have loved a SYS event or an authentic Throwback Event with four boxes, but I'm happy with a dating event. Hopefully I will finally get the Khloe-inspired red dress or hairstyle (double bun) in my Gold box!
    Linda

#KKH4Life