Options

MLK Day, Monday Musings, Midweek Wonderings 1/17/17

Comments

• Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Also legit don't even care anymore. Honestly, I don't even try with these now because they are so worthless.

I'm a collector in this game, meaning that I want to have all of the items. This used to be possible (difficult, but possible), but Glu has completely changed everything and now it is completely impossible, as we only see about two throwback items a month (meaning I will never get everything, as I miss out on at least 8 event items a month. The only way for me to complete my goal at this moment is to have a hacked game and unlimited k-stars, which I am not willing to do.

Yes! Especially at the 'this used to be possible' bit.

I used to chase items I wanted and then I just refused after I bought two boxes of a pallete of GBs that had ZERO items in it.

TBH I'm sitting on a bunch of kstars at the moment just waiting for a VIP event, since they're the only events that guarantee anything. I would also spend on pets if they hadn't climbed to 80 stars. I don't even see much in the wardrobe I want to purchase these last few months.

The game used to be frustrating, now it's just a bore and a chore. The funny thing is that I used to be dying to start a male character KKH game, but had no other device. Today I was gifted another device and I just no longer have interest in starting a 2nd game. Ironically, this is the time I could really most use a great game escape from stressful reality. KKH just isn't it.
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I just realized that I never posted my TB box from last weeks event. I hope nobody minds but it is just too good not to share and maybe it can serve as a bit of motivation that sometimes there is actually something great waiting after all the grinding :)
    xxj86uh.jpg

I just want to repeat this is my box from last week! I have not already made it all the way to the last box, the event hasn't even started lol
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    HazelCHazelC Registered Users 26 Posts
    Ah looks like on of the SMC's i missed during my break from the game is available again! Very excited to finally own these items. Now if you will excuse me, im locking myself in OAK for the next 3 days :D.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Congrats, Lii, that dress is gorgeous! I hope to get an awesome item like yours this week!
    HazelC wrote: »
    Ah looks like on of the SMC's i missed during my break from the game is available again! Very excited to finally own these items. Now if you will excuse me, im locking myself in OAK for the next 3 days :D.
    Oh which one is it? I must own it already as it did not show up in my game.

I just love these, event has just started and my husband is already footing the bill during an 8-hour date at OAK!

IMG_4444.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    HazelCHazelC Registered Users 26 Posts
    Hi Linda! It's this gorgeous one, definitely one of my favorite hairs in the game.

pM64TLi.jpg
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ladt week's dress is gorgeous Lii. Now, this week tell yourself you'll win so,etching just as wonderful. Shall we forward your calls to Oak for the duration? Just don't sit in my booth. Lol. I feel like I paid for it. Lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HazelC wrote: »
    Hi Linda! It's this gorgeous one, definitely one of my favorite hairs in the game.
    Oh that one is one of my favorites too!! Thanks for showing it!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    SeppoSeppo Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hello. Im new to this game. And I was wondering, whats the best way to ensure i can get all 4 boxes from the event?
  • Options
    Seppo wrote: »
    Hello. Im new to this game. And I was wondering, whats the best way to ensure i can get all 4 boxes from the event?

Hi Seppo and welcome to the forum!
    Dating at OAK (Soho) is the fastest but also the most expensive. You will easily drop 40K during an event, but you will most likely get all 4 boxes (at least I always do)...
    Dating at Restaurant Asadaux (Dubai) is the slowest but the cheapest. So if you have a lot of energy stashed away you cant try that one.
    Personally I stick to OAK, but your Kash will suffer a massive hit...

Edited to add: Oh during dates the action 'Kiss' gives you an Event star and sometimes your pets give one too!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    The fastest place to date, is also the most expensive is Oak in NYC. If you get the right opening task bubbles, you can finish a 2 hour date with only 8 Energy and $650 bottle of wine. That is with using the Kiss task - 5 Energy gives back 1 for a net of 4 Energy bolts, then the task by the waitress is 4 Energy and $650 for the expensive wine. That will get you 8 Event points for the 2 hour date, plus 1 for the Kiss function. At oak, the one hour date can be completed with just the bottle of wine, but cost wise in Oak I try to hold out for the 2 hour or more. Very often the same energy and cash spent on a one hour, will also have taken care of the 2 hour. So, for the extra 3 Event points, the 2 hour is worth it.

The cheaper places to date cost more in energy. You can practically date free in Punta Mita, Mexico. Another nearly free is Brew Palms, and the Hamptons Country Clud. If you're stingy with your energy, my 2nd fave place is Mirragio Grande in Vegas.

Some people prefer 1 hour dates, it yields the most Event points per hour. 5 Event points, plus one for the kiss for a one hour date. (But sometimes I just want to knock off a big chunk, and I actually take 8 hour dates at Oak.) If your SO isn't offering 1 hour dates, then you can grab any new NPC, take them on a date, and for new dating relationships, it's always 1 hour. In a case where you're dating a number of 1 hour 1 night stands, they'll call to break up with you if you stop dating them, so what I would do is date the NPC up to the first milestone with them, and then just delete them from your game. They can't break up with you if they're no longer in the game, and this way you won't lose fans.

Ok, that's all I can brainstorm right now. Who else has any dating tips? ANd Seppo, welcome and what are your dating preferences? Cheap or least energy?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I think there's definite benefit in dating a random NPC for the duration of the event. because you're starting from 0 you reach each level relatively easily and each level up gives you a reward of energy or K-Stars, the energy especially is useful in this context although I'm never going to turn down stars! Then do as Koko suggests and delete them before they can break up with you so you don't lose fans. Although the fans you lose tends to be fewer than you gained throughout the relationship so even if it happens it's still a net win.

I tend to use Oak as well but have been playing a while and so have a fair amount of kash stored up. If you're new then that may not be the case but I'd still throw in the odd Oak date if you can.
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    SeppoSeppo Registered Users 8 Posts
    Thank you for the tips and welcomes everyone! :)

I think I'll do a few dates at the Oak, and I'll go to the less expensive options once I run out of money. As I mentioned, I am new to the game so I do not have a lot of kash right now! :P

Love the Kim look that's on sale right now too. Was just thinking of buying some k-stars, not sure if its worth it, but oh so tempting!
  • Options
    MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Welcome to the forum Seppo! I agree with the other's suggestions to date at Oak. The option 'vintage wine' finishes off 1 and 2 hour dates after doing the 'kiss' action, but it is costly as far as kash goes (costs 650 kash, 4 energy).

Just opened my first box:

IMG_1348.jpg

I can always use stars so I'm not complaining :)
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Morning dolls :) I'm a sucker for the free stuff in the game (especially when it seems we get less and less free stuff lately!) so I will grind for TB boxes when I have the time. The TB events definitely seem to be harder to complete than they used to be, and if I'm busy I just ignore mid week events because it truly is a lot of work to get 1 free TB. I have not bought a TB box in months, it's simply not worth the K-stars to me since I have the worst luck choosing boxes lol. Those 60 K-stars stay in my pocket because i'm not willing to take a chance on getting an item i'm disappointed with, freebies YES, paying NO :p Now if there was a closet TB sale I'd be willing to spend my stars because it's no risk, you see what you want and you get it, that's worth the stars in my opinion :D

Anyways, happy event to those playing!! So far I've gotten cash in my first box, no surprise but helpful for purchasing vino ;) Always looking forward to seeing people's winnings, good luck everyone :D
  • Options
    I got 30 Energy in my first box. I'm only playing with one game I think. Can't grind in 3 games for the one TB Box events in the midweek. At least not this week. lol. I'm tired, and to echo what the others are saying - all this work for basically 3 cash/energy/maybe stars till I get to the TB is too gruelling this week. I want to play here in the forum while one dolls grinds for the prize, and the other two build up their cash with projects. My in game salary for gigs hasn't increased much, but the homes cost twice as much as previously, so I'm feeling the pinch. I used to drop 30K per game per dating event. but 3 cash prizes of 4000$ earns 12,000$. So I can easily spend 30K to get back 12, and a pair of green plastic glasses.

The midweek was brought about to give us something to do for fun between Weekend events. So, if you don't do the event, it's no crime. You can still play.....I'm trying to pad my bank account this midweek. I still play.... I just don't grind for a TB Box. No shame in any honest way of playing.

Now, if you sit out an opportunity for new exclusive clothes and 2 TBs as the first two prizes....well then we have to check your pulse. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I'm definitively going to buy the SMC too because I like the hair 😍
    Lii from your picture I can't see what is the dress all are talking about :(
    I'm already at the third box, luckily I manage to save money this past weeks
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Ugh, my doll started dating this guy today, goes on five dates back to back and the moment the fifth date finishes I get this pop up. I mean, seriously?
    mVITJ19.jpg
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    Ugh, my doll started dating this guy today, goes on five dates back to back and the moment the fifth date finishes I get this pop up. I mean, seriously?
    mVITJ19.jpg

Yah this needs to be fixed ASAP. I tried to casually play a bit, maybe get a couple boxes and this exact thing happened. Double-yoo tee eff.

This message is why I deleted my last husband. It was happening every day even though I dated him daily. I kept getting knocked back to like 13th place. What's the deal?
  • Options
    I saved my K-stars and allowed myself to open two Throwback boxes... and I finally got a hairstyle!! And not just any hairstyle... it was THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY that I mentioned in this thread!! I'm just over the moon!!!

IMG_4452.jpg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Sil5678 wrote: »
    I'm definitively going to buy the SMC too because I like the hair ��
    Lii from your picture I can't see what is the dress all are talking about :(
    I'm already at the third box, luckily I manage to save money this past weeks

I'll try to remember to take a picture of it later and post it here. It's this really gorgeous purple gown.
    Edit: Here it is:
    HyrKmLt.jpg
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    Yah this needs to be fixed ASAP. I tried to casually play a bit, maybe get a couple boxes and this exact thing happened. Double-yoo tee eff.

This message is why I deleted my last husband. It was happening every day even though I dated him daily. I kept getting knocked back to like 13th place. What's the deal?
    There has to be some kind of bug, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Linda congrats on the hair! I remember that event, I was really lucky and got it that time it's so swishy.
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I saved my K-stars and allowed myself to open two Throwback boxes... and I finally got a hairstyle!! And not just any hairstyle... it was THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

Ooh congrats! That's a gorgeous hairstyle. I remember coveting that. 😍

I was lucky enough to get my 'one that got away' hair in one of the two ACTUAL TB item sales.
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Congrats LindaVB! What a great win!

As usual I grinded enough for the first two boxes (mainly to get some k-stars from dating). Here are my wins:

Box #1:
    IMG_1218.png

Box #2:
    IMG_1219.png
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congrats Linda! That must be an amazing feeling!!!!

I got energy, then 25 k-stars. The vintage wine never made an appearece on couple of 1h dates and the energy was gone sooooooooooooooooo quickly, then Maria called me with a luxe goal and the k-stars were gone too lol

These events are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring to grind. Would help if we got to choose how many hours our dates are.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    ^choosing the times would be so awesome. Bort does nothing but 1 or 8 hours and hardly any in between. And the grind is harsh considering you only get like 20 points for an 8 hour date.

LindaVB wrote: »
    I saved my K-stars and allowed myself to open two Throwback boxes... and I finally got a hairstyle!! And not just any hairstyle... it was THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY that I mentioned in this thread!! I'm just over the moon!!!

IMG_4452.jpg

Congrats Linda!!! I finally got my Montana update jacket last week and was so happy so I'm totally expecting disappointment this time. I'll probably be the first person to get the green boa twice!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    The fastest place to date, is also the most expensive is Oak in NYC. If you get the right opening task bubbles, you can finish a 2 hour date with only 8 Energy and $650 bottle of wine. That is with using the Kiss task - 5 Energy gives back 1 for a net of 4 Energy bolts, then the task by the waitress is 4 Energy and $650 for the expensive wine. That will get you 8 Event points for the 2 hour date, plus 1 for the Kiss function. At oak, the one hour date can be completed with just the bottle of wine, but cost wise in Oak I try to hold out for the 2 hour or more. Very often the same energy and cash spent on a one hour, will also have taken care of the 2 hour. So, for the extra 3 Event points, the 2 hour is worth it.

Wow, I've been playing this game awhile and I never knew all this lol. I feel a little embarrassed. I'm going to start doing dates at Oak! Thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I promised myself I would only spend $20k on this event. We'll see if that sticks the closer I get to the TB box. I received the 2500 cash in my first box which normally is a bummer but on dating events is perfectly ok with me. I would've preferred an item but this event is such a drain on the bank so any flux of income is welcome.

My second box I got a k-star necklace. I also had a luxe goal for this shirt and since I had to cough up $8500 I'm wearing it for at least a day :rolleyes::rolleyes:

VtugbBY.jpg?1
  • Options
    krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I haven't gotten to my TB box yet and idk if I'm gonna grind for it. I did buy the SMC though cause I hardly ever buy them and want to start collecting them, if you can call it "collecting" lol.
  • Options
    We're a few hours from being halfway through the event. I'm about 50 points away from my gold box and should be able to hit that this morning. I was trying to figure out where I needed to be to finish. Normally my goal is 450 by the end of the night but with the unpredictability of dating times I don't know if I should try harder. It's just A LOT of grinding.

For those of you trying for the TB box, what's your goal?
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    We're a few hours from being halfway through the event. I'm about 50 points away from my gold box and should be able to hit that this morning. I was trying to figure out where I needed to be to finish. Normally my goal is 450 by the end of the night but with the unpredictability of dating times I don't know if I should try harder. It's just A LOT of grinding.

For those of you trying for the TB box, what's your goal?
    I have 360 points with a 8 hours date going on so basically I have 380 points.
    My goal is to finish the event today or at least arrive to 500 points so I can finish it tomorrow with no problems.
    For me date events are easier to finish than the others events so usually I don't have to rush to finish them :)
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Dang! I'll admit I haven't been trying very hard. There will probably be some point today that I start panicking. According to my math I'm about on target but I'm stuck on a 1 hour date loop right now. I managed to reach my second box within 15 hours so I *think* I'll be fine if I only get to 450 by tonight and finish out the last 150 in the 15 hours left of the event tomorrow morning but it's risky. So maybe I'll aim for 500 like you.