• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Congrats Nqueen on your doll's new bundle of joy

He's adorably cute

☻☺

Oh BTW I love the name King Lyon
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    JlrxoJlrxo Registered Users 37 Posts
    So an hour before the event finished I panicked and thought omg I need the SMC. I didn't get it the first time around as I couldn't really afford to and this time I felt like hmm not sure about spending £10.99 (I don't remember it being that much before, I know we get 100 stars but yeah, just thought it was the usual before)
    Anyway I went to buy it and this happened:

image.jpg

It increased to £14.99 what the hell?!
    I shut down and reopened the app several times and it remained at that price, so I missed out again, I'm not spending an extra £4 when I know it wasn't that price during the rest of the event!
    Unfortunately I didn't screenshot it being £10.99 but I can see on Instagram one users posted a screenshots of their smc for $22.99 and another commented questioning that as theirs was $14.99. So yeah... why glu?!?!
    Now I missed it again :(
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Jlrxo wrote: »
    So an hour before the event finished I panicked and thought omg I need the SMC. I didn't get it the first time around as I couldn't really afford to and this time I felt like hmm not sure about spending £10.99 (I don't remember it being that much before, I know we get 100 stars but yeah, just thought it was the usual before)

I shut down and reopened the app several times and it remained at that price, so I missed out again, I'm not spending an extra £4 when I know it wasn't that price during the rest of the event!
    Unfortunately I didn't screenshot it being £10.99 but I can see on Instagram one users posted a screenshots of their smc for $22.99 and another commented questioning that as theirs was $14.99. So yeah... why glu?!?!

Actually, this specific SMC always was that price, it looks like it is because we got 100 K-stars with instead of the usual 60. Never understood why this specific one was increased in price.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Actually, this specific SMC always was that price, it looks like it is because we got 100 K-stars with instead of the usual 60. Never understood why this specific one was increased in price.

Yeah it was definitely increased due to the 100 stars, however the normal smc are usually £7.99 for me, so it was originally increased to £10.99 for the 100 stars, the £14.99 increase was a further increase later in the event.
    I just wish I had screenshot because I am 100% positive it was £10.99 originally, because I already noted the price increase was for the extra stars.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

image.jpg

Mine was def $14.99, I probably would've been shell shocked had it been $22
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Mine was def $14.99, I probably would've been shell shocked had it been $22

Yeah I was very shocked when it was increased, and seeing that post on insta showing someone else had the offer at a higher amount made me feel a bit less crazy haha.
    However I have since seen a post on the kkg forum that the UK prices for the gems/star packs have increased, and it's true! The 220 star pack used to be £14.99 and now it's £19.99, so I guess the increase happened before the end of the mid week event and smc offer, hence the sudden increase in the offer price!
    Now I feel reluctant to buy stars knowing they were cheapest just 2 days before? Feels weird
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Yeah I was very shocked when it was increased, and seeing that post on insta showing someone else had the offer at a higher amount made me feel a bit less crazy haha.
    However I have since seen a post on the kkg forum that the UK prices for the gems/star packs have increased, and it's true! The 220 star pack used to be £14.99 and now it's £19.99, so I guess the increase happened before the end of the mid week event and smc offer, hence the sudden increase in the offer price!
    Now I feel reluctant to buy stars knowing they were cheapest just 2 days before? Feels weird

SMC are always soooo over-priced in Canada. I believe this one was $20.99. The amount of real-life things we can get here in Ontario is crazy, and makes these digital clothing items completely not worth it. That's 2 hours of work at minimum wage... Not worth it at all.I could buy a nice shirt in real life for that cost!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    The increased cost forstars for players in the UK is not glu. It was Apple. Apple raised fees or something as a result of Brexit. There was a thread in Support I believe, where a member linked to the article. In NY (so I assume all of the US) fhs price of stars has not changed in either iOS or Android.

I thought it was because of conversion rates, but it was a definite move on the part of Apple regarding UK purchases. When I find the link, I'll post it here as well.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SMC are always soooo over-priced in Canada. I believe this one was $20.99. The amount of real-life things we can get here in Ontario is crazy, and makes these digital clothing items completely not worth it. That's 2 hours of work at minimum wage... Not worth it at all.I could buy a nice shirt in real life for that cost!

Haha that's what I always do when it comes to buying in game, the smc used to be £7.99 so I thought ok that's just one ****tail, that's acceptable but now it's more I feel like could actually get a real life clothing item for that much? Can't beleive how expensive it is in Canada, I would never pay $20.99 for that smc!
  • Options
    The increased cost forstars for players in the UK is not glu. It was Apple. Apple raised fees or something as a result of Brexit. There was a thread in Support I believe, where a member linked to the article. In NY (so I assume all of the US) fhs price of stars has not changed in either iOS or Android.

I thought it was because of conversion rates, but it was a definite move on the part of Apple regarding UK purchases. When I find the link, I'll post it here as well.

I can't figure out how to quote two peoples post in my post so sorry about double posting!
    Thanks for your help kokokokonut, don't worry about posting the link I googled it after I saw your post and found a couple articles about it, I'll go look in the support thread too.

I did speak to my friend in game design about this and he confirmed it is out of glu's control so I am not mad about it, just wish we'd have had a warning so I could have got the smc before the increase! Although, thinking about it I'm not sure what kind of warning they could have implemented, it was just unlucky timing on my side.
    I guess it's just one more reason to be upset about brexit :(