Options

Weekend Event 2/17/17 - Fashion Week Grind

Comments

• Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    The events start at 5 a.m. Eastern. It will start in 16 hours and 4 minutes from this post time

10.00 GMT for non-Americans :)
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Thank you, Kalinda, for the spoilers!! I like the earnables! And I am so happy the guys finally get a puppy-in-a-bag!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Robert Palmer <3

I love the gb dress and I think the guy's earnables are so cute, makes me want to go golfing with the dolls. And good luck Vats! I'm pulling for you to get the dog bag!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Lol, I was so distracted by the cute puppy that I just now noticed we are having a gig-event, was totally convinced it was a VIP!
    I am not sure how much time I have to grind, I have a packed weekend; it's my husband's birthday tomorrow and he and his twin brother are having a costumed party (the theme is famous duo's) and on Saturday we will most likely sleep in as the twins are sleeping over and we are having our parents over for dinner. So I will probably start playing on Sunday... will just have to see how far I can get.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Is she KGB or part of the French Resistance during WWII?

LMAO the same can be said about the guy. I'm getting WWII vibes from the earnables in this event
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey Vats, it's time for the big reveal!

Feb_17_Male_Giftbox_Promo.jpg
    W6X3i41.gif

YASSS! Thank you so much Kalinda for bringing the good news! I'm super excited, this is a thing that I've been wishing since ever!:D

I love the earnable outfit too, so preppy! Think it'll go perfectly with the shoes I got on my throwback box this week.

I wouldn't mind to stumble on any other boxes' items while chasing that cutie, nice stuff there.

Think I'll need to name it, and who knows it comes more easily if I call it by name lol

Thanks everyone for the luck wishes, wishing you back all that luck as well!

Now is all about:
    tBVtnMN.png?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    This is the first weekend in a while that I haven't been crazy about anything (except the guy's sweater vest which I LOVE). But I'm totally fine with not being in love with everything because I had like, three weeks in a row where I was super spoiled with things I really really liked. I probably won't chase anything, but I'll definitely do the event. Love five star professional weekends!

Also, is anyone else getting an Motherland vibe from the girl's earnables? Maybe our Russian, Kate, can weigh in! Considering how embroiled the US is with Russia just now, I wonder if Glu is weighing in on the controversy.

Okay, I'm just kidding. Mostly.

No, I thought the same thing, too. I don't care for it. I'll go to 300 if I can. I'll be away this weekend, so I don't think I can do the full event.
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I'm always happy with a professional event. They're the only ones I can finish without pulling my hair out. I love the sweater vest and puppy bag for the guys, and the girls' gb items are all so cute but I've been having such bad luck opening boxes I don't think I'll buy any extra.

(Honestly, I probably will buy extra and get kash and not learn my lesson.)
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I mostly like everything.. except the hairstyles.
    I've never been a fan of hats, and this one is not an exception. The GB hairstyle isn't 'to die for' neither. It's just not my cup of tea.

I still might do some chasing, as that GB dress is super cute.:)
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Yayyy finally a puppy in a bag for the guys :D

That red dress is so pretty, I just stocked up on Kstars so I guess I'll be chasing that... fingers crossed! Thanks for the spoilers! One bad thing about connecting to Facebook with this game is that I saw the items leaked there yesterday :( which is a shame as I love the element of surprise on a Thursday evening when Kalinda posts them. Anyone else feel that way, or just me?

There hasn't been a 5-star gig weekend since I started playing again, am I right in thinking that 3hr reality gigs are still the best way to go to complete this type of event the fastest? (Ahhh, remember way back before the 1hr SCL gig loophole was fixed when we could complete them over and over?! That was the best!). Do we also still usually get a Kstar per gig completed for this type of weekend event, or has that stopped too?

So many questions in my post, lol sorry!!!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm loving most of the earnables. I was really expecting a V.I.P. event :confused: since Carolyn Ferocious desperately needs the Venice home for mostly the events in general. But, I'm guessing that I can wait instead. :rolleyes:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I just got hair for all three dolls in the same box 3rd box from the left on the top. Doesn't mean it's going to be there for you just means all three games got it in the same spot.

ETA: No one else is finding it there. I don't want to jinx you. False alarm. ;(

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I just got hair for all three dolls in the same box 3rd box from the left on the top. Doesn't mean it's going to be there for you just means all three games got it in the same spot.

I got energy in that one.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I got the dress (bottom left corner) and the hair was one to the right.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry guys. First two were Android, I thought ha funny coincidence, then I got it there on the iPad, and I had to share. :( Remember last April or something. So many people were finding the hair in one box. Even though I was done with boxes for the event, I took one more..it was there. I scored 3 hair like that then too.

I went back and put in red it wasn't working for anyone else. I don't want them to pick a box they wouldn't play anyway.

Well, morning dolls. our Fashion thread is up, and I'm enthused. Oh, disclaimer, if any of you saw Z running around with blue hair and lips, zombie eyes and black eye makeup, along with a purple top, gold pleated skirt, and platform sneakers, funny story. I was tapping out my remaining energy in Soho Kardash before bed, and at midnight Baba says um, I need help wrapping these? Presents for his GF. So I said Ok but you tap. So, after I wrapped the presents, and rolled his shirts for carefree packing, when he finished tapping, I had him go feed the babies in the Hamptons, then he wanted to walk the dog, I said fine. It was fun, I was helping him and he was tapping for me, then I said feel free to play around with her looks, after I saw the blue hair, he said really? with a sly grin. I said sure. and the result was .....the result was something. So I put her to sleep like that and said "The one game that isn't frozen in appearance, and you fix her up like that. " No. I was not hacked. I was torpedoed by my loving son, but no I wasn't hacked. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Haha Koko! I would love to see a pic of Z like that! I once let my little nephew dress Madison and the result was round about the same lol :)

I'm soooo happy I got the dress in the 3rd box of my 1st pallet! I was so ready to chase it so I'm delighted :) I got energy and kash in the other two boxes. I may go for the hair too but I don't want to push my luck...

(Dress was in the 2nd box top row, energy in 3rd top row and kash in 1st box bottom row)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    So, for 5-star events I usually do a bunch of reality shows to get event points quicker. I go to Mirimount and notice that the guy is NOT there to be able to shoot a show. Is anyone else having this issue? If Glu got rid of this solely for the purpose to make the game harder then I'm really mad. Ugh. Now I will never finish the event. :/
  • Options
    Don't laugh, I saved it in my lookbook. He'll be up soon, I guess I'll go put it back on a take a picture. lol. He's graduating from college in a couple of months, but sometimes around me he just gets silly. Darn I am going to miss him this weekend. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Don't laugh, I saved it in my lookbook. He'll be up soon, I guess I'll go put it back on a take a picture. lol. He's graduating from college in a couple of months, but sometimes around me he just gets silly. Darn I am going to miss him this weekend. :(

Awww, it's sweet, you two seem to have such a lovely relationship :) I love the thought of you helping him wrap presents and him tapping away for you on Kkh lol.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Ok, here you go....the Android twins. And yes, the blue lipped freak show is the only game of mine that isn't frozen to the rest of the world.
    KKH_Screenshot_1487333143218.jpg

That's Kat on the left. She is frozen, but now Vats can see she's still looking classy. FROZEN but classy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Selena.kkh wrote: »
    So, for 5-star events I usually do a bunch of reality shows to get event points quicker. I go to Mirimount and notice that the guy is NOT there to be able to shoot a show. Is anyone else having this issue? If Glu got rid of this solely for the purpose to make the game harder then I'm really mad. Ugh. Now I will never finish the event. :/

I think people have said that he should be at another location if he's not at Miramount. Check all the houses where you're able to film and hopefully you'll find him in any of them. :)
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

Hahaha! I was wondering the story behind Z's look when I saw her this morning! My first thought was that we're having another tacky contest here at the forum! Way to go Baba!

Now as for Kat, she's stunning as always. Vats miss her a lot! Bring her back GluGods and Facebookdevils!

Congrats on the triple hair pick Koko!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I like the earnables items so much!! I love that hair! Don't like the gift box ones that much, only the shoes maybe, but I'm going to open only the free box and accept whatever I'll win :)
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

There is a recent storyline that involves filming a reality episode in Dubai. It's when you confront the art appraiser. If you're at that point you will need to do that gig first for the film crew to show up in Hollywood again. Otherwise check all your homes to see if they're stuck somewhere waiting for you to film.
  • Options
    Ok, here you go....the Abroad twins. And yes, the blue lipped freak show is the only game of mine that isn't frozen to the rest of the world.

That's Kat on the left. She is frozen, but now Vats can see she's still looking classy. FROZEN but classy.

LOL! Love it! And Kat looks gorgeous 😍
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I never have luck getting the GB items but this time I did and out of all the things I get the hair, which I will never use because it's not my taste. I would've rather gotten energy TBH.
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I never have luck getting the GB items but this time I did and out of all the things I get the hair, which I will never use because it's not my taste. I would've rather gotten energy TBH.
    That's always how it goes!
    But at least you get some bonus event points now, and in three years when the items from this event are in the TB boxes you won't have to worry about this hair ;)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options

Hi, did you have any luck finding the crew?

Oh, if you have an open event that includes the crew, once Simon calls you for it and you say ok the crew goes to wait for you in the restaurant in Dubai. I found that out last week.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    It's going to be a great weekend!

twitter_6_2_fashion_week_promo.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    It already IS! Vats got his hair ooops.....puppy in a purse like us dolls. Look.....Vat's Vuitton looks so cute with my little Louise. Don't ya think?

KKH_Screenshot_1487352395239.jpg

I am so happy for the guys pooch in a pouch. Of course I love the hairs, the great shoes, and I swear I'll have that earner hair on at least one doll before I go to sleep tonight. Ok, before I got to sleep tomorrow night. It's Date Weekend at the Kokonut Tree. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary