Options

Weekend Event 5/19/17 Movies Anyone? Yes you Cannes!

124Next

Comments

• Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    If many players get them but I don't, something must be wrong with my game.

For me (knowing that people still get the videos) it is 100% something that has happened in the game. When restarting my game roughly a year ago, I got these videos every single day for months. Then, all of a sudden I stopped getting them, and had assumed that everyone did. I didn't know what caused this, however now that I have more information, this definitely occurred when I started buying stars.

Ironically enough, it is actually the lack of free daily kstar videos that has made me stop buying stars. I used to buy a package each month to supplement the ones I would earn, enough so that I can participate in the VIPs, SYSs, giftboxes/throwback boxes, etc. However, now that I can hardly earn any stars, I would literally need to purchase like 800 a month, and I just can't justify that.

Honestly... I feel like if there was another way for me to get k-stars other than outright buying them, I'd be more okay with buying a pack of them every once in a while. But now that I know I'd have to get all my k-stars thru gameplay or buying them, it makes me less likely to actually buy them and definitely frustrated. I feel like their thought process is "oh well since they are buying them now we don't need to offer them free k-stars. why give them for free if they are paying for them?" Which I don't agree with. It's like taking advantage of the players. :(
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    First the iOS who used to get 5 or 5 a day, now gets one if I'm lucky, Same for one Android. If you'd like to start a thread about the videos in FAQ KatieA, maybe we can get it addressed. It does seem strange that one android still gets 4 or 5, the other one not so much. : (
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Ironically enough, it is actually the lack of free daily kstar videos that has made me stop buying stars. I used to buy a package each month to supplement the ones I would earn, enough so that I can participate in the VIPs, SYSs, giftboxes/throwback boxes, etc. However, now that I can hardly earn any stars, I would literally need to purchase like 800 a month, and I just can't justify that.

It's funny you say this, Katie, because I'm the same way. It used to be that every 24 hours, like clockwork, I would get 6 short videos to watch, earning 6 stars every single day, regardless of whether or not I purchased star packs. Now that there are few to no videos to earn free stars, I hardly buy star packs anymore because it would cost too much to get enough stars to participate in all the events I want to :(

It's ironic that Glu doesn't understand the concept that when players are happy and feel like we are being treated fairly, we are more likely to want to spend our money but when we feel like Glu is greedily making it NECESSARY for us to spend money to participate in events then we are LESS LIKELY to spend. I know it's not just me that feels this way, I've seen the same comment time and time again on the threads.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    From the very beginning, i've said that glu doest intentionally shut some people out. You know how regular ads when you are surfing are geared toward your surfing history, well i think our devices are the same way. I believe how we use it influences our 'fingerprint' on the device. And maybe that has something to do with it. I know our demographics come into play. If glu was turning off free videos when you buy stars it would haopen to everyone. Maybe the functoin that turns off the ads we see between screens that offer no recompense is turning off ALL ads on some devices.

However, i don't much will be addressed here. Seriously a thread in support would help more.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Honestly... I feel like if there was another way for me to get k-stars other than outright buying them, I'd be more okay with buying a pack of them every once in a while. But now that I know I'd have to get all my k-stars thru gameplay or buying them, it makes me less likely to actually buy them and definitely frustrated. I feel like their thought process is "oh well since they are buying them now we don't need to offer them free k-stars. why give them for free if they are paying for them?" Which I don't agree with. It's like taking advantage of the players. :(
    SugarK wrote: »
    It's funny you say this, Katie, because I'm the same way. It used to be that every 24 hours, like clockwork, I would get 6 short videos to watch, earning 6 stars every single day, regardless of whether or not I purchased star packs. Now that there are few to no videos to earn free stars, I hardly buy star packs anymore because it would cost too much to get enough stars to participate in all the events I want to :(

It's ironic that Glu doesn't understand the concept that when players are happy and feel like we are being treated fairly, we are more likely to want to spend our money but when we feel like Glu is greedily making it NECESSARY for us to spend money to participate in events then we are LESS LIKELY to spend. I know it's not just me that feels this way, I've seen the same comment time and time again on the threads.

I'm so sorry we are all going through this. I really do agree though. If I'm happy with a game, I'll give it some money. But Glu has made it impossible to fully participate in the game without spending money, which I don't like. I seriously have been playing this game every day for a year (not including my first account, when the game was first released years ago). I SHOULD be able to earn stars to play all aspects of the game. If I'm earning a few hundred a month, I don't mind paying for an extra 200 kstars once in awhile, or a VIP subscription that gives you earlier access to things everyone will have access to - but honestly its becoming ridiculous. I really want to find a new game that is better to its players, but it sucks that I've wasted so much time on something that gets worse and worse. :(

From the very beginning, i've said that glu doest intentionally shut some people out. You know how regular ads when you are surfing are geared toward your surfing history, well i think our devices are the same way. I believe how we use it influences our 'fingerprint' on the device. And maybe that has something to do with it. I know our demographics come into play. If glu was turning off free videos when you buy stars it would haopen to everyone. Maybe the functoin that turns off the ads we see between screens that offer no recompense is turning off ALL ads on some devices.

However, i don't much will be addressed here. Seriously a thread in support would help more.

I will take you advice and let you all know here when it is done. :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    If many players get them but I don't, something must be wrong with my game.

For me (knowing that people still get the videos) it is 100% something that has happened in the game. When restarting my game roughly a year ago, I got these videos every single day for months. Then, all of a sudden I stopped getting them, and had assumed that everyone did. I didn't know what caused this, however now that I have more information, this definitely occurred when I started buying stars.

That would mean there's something wrong with everyone that complained about not getting the video offers game, i can honestly say someone stated they've had to reinstall their game in order for them to get the video offers back once they purchase stuff also it could be the region you live in i know at first i couldn't get any of the offers then suddenly after a few months i suddenly started to get the video offers, still it's strange that after you purchased stuff you stopped getting them because that's never happened to me and I've spent plenty of money on this game so that's just strange, maybe it is a glitch that they dunno about??? maybe that will help (what i first suggested), I'm sorry this happened to you.

I believe that koko sometimes I don't get the video offer at all i just get the other offers option so I don't worry about it, as frustrating and unfair as it feels, I've learnt that life isn't fair when it comes to certain things i have to accept it but Kalinda had stated what caused them to not offer the free kstars to every player 9 months ago i think.
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »

2z8x79e.jpg

here is my new hair with my new "i gotta pee but can't find a bathroom" pose.

Lol your comment about your doll's posing cracked up me up hahaha :D

Oh BTW your doll looks so fab with the multicolored ombrè hair.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Hi friends! I posted about the missing videos in the support thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?252750-Missing-Daily-KStar-Videos-Problem&p=570222#post570222
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Hi friends! I posted about the missing videos in the support thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?252750-Missing-Daily-KStar-Videos-Problem&p=570222#post570222

Thanks so much for starting that thread Katie!! I responded as well, hopefully others will too!!
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    If you're doing the storyline this weekend, the third event will ask you to donate 10% of your kash. (I *think*. I've only done it in one game so far - it could have been a coincidence.) So if you're planning on making any kash purchases, shop first. I bought two houses, a car, new shoes and some very expensive earrings this weekend before I got around to doing the third event, and I was super glad I did.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    If you're doing the storyline this weekend, the third event will ask you to donate 10% of your kash. (I *think*. I've only done it in one game so far - it could have been a coincidence.) So if you're planning on making any kash purchases, shop first. I bought two houses, a car, new shoes and some very expensive earrings this weekend before I got around to doing the third event, and I was super glad I did.

It's definitely not 10%. I currently have about 90,000 kash and I was only asked to donate 240 bucks.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    It's definitely not 10%. I currently have about 90,000 kash and I was only asked to donate 240 bucks.

I have to agree with Daffodil, i was asked to donate 240 bucks as well
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I have to agree with Daffodil, i was asked to donate 240 bucks as well

Same. $240, and in the end I got three stars.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Lol your comment about your doll's posing cracked up me up hahaha :D

Oh BTW your doll looks so fab with the multicolored ombrè hair.

Thank you <3! I'm so glad I could finally buy it. I love the ombre and My Little Pony/mermaid hairdos, but can't do it myself since I have natural red hair and my father would probably shave me bald if I dyed it lol.

I decided not to spend anymore than I had so I just got the shoes this weekend. I liked the earnable dress, but the short one in that picture reminded me too much of it.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College