Options

Suspecting a glitch in sys

2Next

Comments

• Options
    VioletDreamsVioletDreams Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I posted this before in the SYS thread but it got put up for review and never came back so I'm posting this again here:

I have a theory that Glu shortened the SYS events and made them weekly to coax players into buying more tickets to receive items they were otherwise earning easily, the shortened SYS event has been going on for 12 weeks now so I took the total items I could have earned and compared them to the amount of items I actually earned.

For me there was a total of 44 items to be earned (this includes the earnables and TS) because I missed out on one SYS (the 1980's fashion theme) and I only earned 27 of them. So 27/44 or around 6/10

Then I compared to 12 weeks of the old, longer SYS, this event was only monthly so there were less items to be earned, 28 in my case and I earned 23 of them. So 23/28 or around 8/10

So although they're giving us way more items to earn our chances or actually getting the items has actually gone down making it clear why player satisfaction has gone down so much the past couple of months because yes we're being presented with many more items but we're also losing out on way more items.

If you wanna do the calculations for yourself and see if you got the same results just look at which items out of these events you won in the Event Encyclopedia (this only really works if you haven't bought tickets so far though)

New SYS, 4 items each event:
    Theme Park
    London Street Style
    Business Meeting
    Runway Model
    World Traveler
    1980's Fashion
    Country Club
    Picnic in the Park
    Rooftop Patio Party
    Art Gallery
    Rock Concert 
    Old Hollywood Glam

Old SYS, 7 items each event: 
    Pool Party
    Kimiversary Party
    Celebrity Wedding Guest
    Pretty in Pink
    Sage | The Ginger One | Level 47 | Android
  • Options
    nubcakenubcake Registered Users 191 Posts
    @VioletDreams how many votes did you need to complete the earnables in the old monthly SYS? 
    Hi I'm Ellie! ଘ(੭ ˘ ᵕ˘)━☆゚.*・。゚ iOS doll: bish im fabuwulous 
    Play with me! Fb name: Ellie Chuchu
    I post stuff on Instagram: Ellie Nubcake 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @nubcake 1200 at first and then they lowered it to 1150 it seems and then lowered it once again to 1100.
    If I remember correctly you needed to have an average of 43 to reach the last earnable.

So on top of all of that the events are supposedly "easier" to finish now since we only need to average a 41 score
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @VioletDreams that's interesting! The ratio of earnable to TS went from 4:3 to 2:2 so if you normally completed everything and got 2nd-5th, you'd go from getting 6/7 items to 3/4 (11% decrease) per event. Couple that with making it harder to get 41 votes because of casual events and there ya go. 

I think you have a point with the more events = more profit, since now they can have ticket war $$$ every week instead of once a month. But I still think lower (i.e. under 45) scores is a side effect of casual events rather than Glu intentionally rigging the system. 
  • Options
    brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    Ok just to add another detail, we had a few sys where all ts prizes were clothing items... (thanks @LindaVB for the amazing reference thread) 

IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • Options
    @nubcake Still, when you look at the percentage of items you're winning if you're scoring about the same as the old SYS you're losing out on way more items now. In the old event it would be pretty normal for me to not reach the last earnable, I was a fairly new player so I would get 3/4 earnable items monthly. Now if I don't get to the earnable every week for a month I earn 3/8 items, so even though I'm earning the same amount of items as before, the percentage of items has gone from 75% to 37.5% 

Same with TS, let's say you end up in 6th place every week, with the old event I would still earn 1 item since the older version had 3 TS items, 1st place would win all 3, top 5 would win 2 and top 10 would win 1, with the shortened event if I'm in 6th place every week I get 0. So again the percentage of what you're earning with the same placement has gone from 33% to 0%

As I mentioned I was a fairly new player when I participated in the old monthly SYS so my scores weren't any better than they are now (if anything they were probably worse), I would routinely not get to the last earnable. So for in between players who don't necessarily get the best scores the chances of winning items has definitely gone down.

So in that regard, Glu putting out this many casual themes might actual be a calculated move, knowing player's have a harder time reaching higher scores.

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Related: I made this template of TrendSetters prizes from all events so you can mark off the ones where you won 1st place. (some people didn't get the early "test" events but I put them on here anyway)

iOS
  • Options
    @AliBryant bless your soul you amazing encyclopedic angel 
  • Options
    Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    That's crazy, we could win so much more things before!

It's been an entire month since I haven't been able to get the last earnable because my looks are scoring poorly. Just like @VioletDreams said before, I was a "new" player as well, I mean I'm playing since 2016 but I wasn't really taking the game seriously until February of this year. And let me tell you that I didn't have much clothes back then but I still managed to get the last earnable in EVERY SYS Event. My scores were super high compared to now where I barely break 40. 

They should lower the points because so many dolls here complained about not being able to get the last earnable. As for the TS Prizes, I don't know if we ever will get all those items back. 
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• Options
    charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    brunakkh said:
    Ok just to add another detail, we had a few sys where all ts prizes were clothing items... (thanks @LindaVB for the amazing reference thread) 

And I absolutely loved this but the majority complained that we weren’t getting kstars anymore so they switched it back. 
  • Options
    thelifeofRaeRaethelifeofRaeRae Registered Users, Member 1,361 Posts
    The problem is the event isn't designed to let you win with an average score. 
    THIS 
    iOS user
    #VIPKalinda
  • Options
    dotti_hdotti_h Registered Users, Member 614 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I did not mark my first places but the items I own - this shows clearly how many times I have finished in the first 5. (First two sys I did not participate so ignore those)
    It shows that something went seriously wrong a month ago. Look at the last 4. I haven't got any of them... (and here I would mention that I did not reach the last SYS prize either)
    @KalindaKing check this 
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Wow @dotti_h that is really interesting! Those last 4 are all from the same update.
    iOS
  • Options
    samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    @dotti_hI love how you went through and marked yours so I did the same! 
  • Options
    dotti_hdotti_h Registered Users, Member 614 Posts
    Interestingly after the update now it is okay again. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    I am just sad about last week's ice cream ☹️
  • Options
    jestfulcompany23298fjestfulcompany23298f Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    hi dolls I am having trouble with my votes too, I usually win or close tho it but somebody has like 545 votes and I got 154 so far and we started thr same time it's not fair that who has the most money for extra tickets wins lately and I do buy stuff but not obsessively.  So disappointed.