🗳️🚶‍♀️ SYS 8/19/21 - Runway in Paris!👗🗳️

1457910

Comments

  • ShellydaliieShellydaliie Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    tt_ said:
    My third and fourth looks 😊


    My scores suck so much this time I tried copying your first look to see if it helped and it’s still abysmal 🙈 no eyes for me this time I guess 
    Oh no, I'm sorry that it didn't get you a high score. 34 is way too low for that look. 

    I'm not saying these are guaranteed to score well but these items seem to score well for me atm.

    Best of luck everyone, its not fair that all of your looks are getting low votes 🥺.


    From what event those eyes are? I don’t remember them 




    Those eyes are from this diamond collection



  • MsMKT86MsMKT86 Registered Users, Member 257 Posts
    1&2 have firmly cemented their places. Especially since they are still putting up looks.

    Fangirl, Intersectional Feminist, Activist, Writer (author, some would say). #YouDefineYou she/her 
    Android User from way back
  • robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,571 Posts
    tt_ said:
    My third and fourth looks 😊


    My scores suck so much this time I tried copying your first look to see if it helped and it’s still abysmal 🙈 no eyes for me this time I guess 
    Oh no, I'm sorry that it didn't get you a high score. 34 is way too low for that look. 

    I'm not saying these are guaranteed to score well but these items seem to score well for me atm.

    Best of luck everyone, its not fair that all of your looks are getting low votes 🥺.


    From what event those eyes are? I don’t remember them 




    Those eyes are from this diamond collection



    Thank you! 🌸 I forgot about this kollection. I didn’t know these items have an icon 😄
    iOS doll 
    🇱🇹 
    English is not my first language ☺️
    #bringbackoldsys
    Facebook name - RobertaKkh Eleon
  • MsMKT86MsMKT86 Registered Users, Member 257 Posts
    chelzie said:
    6, 7, and 8! Idk how I’m getting these scores - very happy lol but it’s just weird because the last couple of sys events I didn’t do nearly this well!
    You're getting those scores because you're doll is gorgeous and your looks are 🔥🔥!! 
    Fangirl, Intersectional Feminist, Activist, Writer (author, some would say). #YouDefineYou she/her 
    Android User from way back
  • Olivia1896Olivia1896 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts

  • MsMKT86MsMKT86 Registered Users, Member 257 Posts
    Looks 6-11! I'm still surprised and happy about these scores! And yes I used the dress from the Michigan quest 2 looks in a row. I worked hard to get the K-stars for it so I'm going to rock that b*tch!


    Fangirl, Intersectional Feminist, Activist, Writer (author, some would say). #YouDefineYou she/her 
    Android User from way back
  • chelziechelzie Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    MsMKT86 said:
    chelzie said:
    6, 7, and 8! Idk how I’m getting these scores - very happy lol but it’s just weird because the last couple of sys events I didn’t do nearly this well!
    You're getting those scores because you're doll is gorgeous and your looks are 🔥🔥!! 
    thank you!! 😩💗🙏🏼
    A+ 
    iOS📱daily player
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 346 Posts
    Had a rough start but my scores have picked up. I might be able to snag the final earnable.
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

  • alexandramanolialexandramanoli Registered Users, Member 354 Posts
    Anywaysss paid another 40 kstars for this crappy top.... yay😔
  • peachypinkpeachypink Registered Users, Member 283 Posts
    Looks 1-9. I clearly don’t know what I’m doing. 😂




    iOS 
    Played on and off since the beginning. 

    Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100023214764241
  • DaisyJDaisyJ Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    @Boocketa So sorry to hear that I hope you feel better soon doll 💘
  • OxyOxy Registered Users, Member 90 Posts
    Hey @peachypink! Love your 5th look
    Tbh I'm not sure any of us know what we're doing lol

    Oh, do you remember how you got the 2nd and 6th looks' hairs + 5th looks' dress? They're gorgeous!
  • Olivia1896Olivia1896 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts

  • peachypinkpeachypink Registered Users, Member 283 Posts
    edited August 21
    @Oxy thank you!  ❤️ I know the dress is from a dating event but I don’t remember which one. It was while ago. Sorry!

    The 6th hair was from the crystal gala SYS 3/25/2021 and the 2nd hair is from a VIP event on 1/1/21. I got it during the throwback sale. 😊

    Pictures taken from the event encyclopedia.



    iOS 
    Played on and off since the beginning. 

    Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100023214764241
  • CariantheCarianthe Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    So, this will probably go over like a lead balloon, but as someone who has submitted POC looks in the past I wanted to explain where I was coming from and why I didn’t think it was offensive. Since learning that POC players find this to be a hurtful action, I have stopped doing it, and I don’t mean to excuse people who do it but rather provide an explanation for how someone might do it and not realize it would be offensive.

    Before reading these forums, the way I viewed SYS events was as though I was a casting director casting models for a show. Because of that, I didn’t want to cast only white models. I would include Asian and Black dolls because I think representation is important. For example, for the Korean Street Style SYS, I created a lot of Korean doll looks because I imagined that for a runway show with that theme I would want to cast a lot of Korean models.

    I realize now that most people here see your doll as one person who is entering a competition, and in that context, I absolutely agree that skin color is not something that can and should be put on like a costume, since that trivializes the experiences of POC.

    I hope this doesn’t cause people to hate me (any more than they already hate me for being a ticket buyer) but I also think it’s important to own up to my past behavior.

    To everyone who I have hurt by doing this, I am genuinely sorry.
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,058 Posts
    I started off scoring well, then it went bad and now my looks are slowly getting better. Hopefully it carries on as I want to reach the last earnable and possibly stay in gold.

    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • MikiMinajMikiMinaj Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Carianthe said:
    So, this will probably go over like a lead balloon, but as someone who has submitted POC looks in the past I wanted to explain where I was coming from and why I didn’t think it was offensive. Since learning that POC players find this to be a hurtful action, I have stopped doing it, and I don’t mean to excuse people who do it but rather provide an explanation for how someone might do it and not realize it would be offensive.

    Before reading these forums, the way I viewed SYS events was as though I was a casting director casting models for a show. Because of that, I didn’t want to cast only white models. I would include Asian and Black dolls because I think representation is important. For example, for the Korean Street Style SYS, I created a lot of Korean doll looks because I imagined that for a runway show with that theme I would want to cast a lot of Korean models.

    I realize now that most people here see your doll as one person who is entering a competition, and in that context, I absolutely agree that skin color is not something that can and should be put on like a costume, since that trivializes the experiences of POC.

    I hope this doesn’t cause people to hate me (any more than they already hate me for being a ticket buyer) but I also think it’s important to own up to my past behavior.

    To everyone who I have hurt by doing this, I am genuinely sorry.
    Thank you for you explaining your reasoning! You are not alone, everyone plays this game different 😇 I also think as a creative director/designer and this game is perfect for it IMO! I would even say me and my friends think of it as playing Barbie dolls even! 
     Personally I do not input myself into my dolls because I don’t vision myself as them, heck not in this game or Animal Crossing or Sims or any virtual game of that nature that I have ever played. 
     I agree never, not once was there ever ill will in our gaming! If you are a player who does input themselves into their doll GREAT! That’s awesome do you doll! But just because your point of view how YOU play it doesn’t determine how other players play. Let’s keep it pushing and be better together to create a better space for beginners, remember in a world where you can be anything BE KIND! Everyone is not the same but we are human! 💖 
    I am a POC, I speak 3 languages, and English is not my first language! 🦋
     
  • LachimolalaLachimolala Registered Users, Member 176 Posts
    MikiMinaj said:
    But just because your point of view how YOU play it doesn’t determine how other players play. 
    To me, this says it all. 
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 681 Posts
    It might be that it's just my head hurting from not eating and sleeping enough but why has the conversation about culture appropriation/appreciation started again? This is just a genuine question bc I haven't been as active on the forum as I used to be (it's my birthday and all)
  • geenellysgeenellys Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    kinda BS if you ask me
    She/Her 

    @geenellys in all social media.
    Blair Waldorf in game.

    Android (daily player⭐️)
  • alexandramanolialexandramanoli Registered Users, Member 354 Posts
    Riggamorus girl....
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 618 Posts
    A few of my favorite looks…


  • CariantheCarianthe Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    MikiMinaj said:
    Carianthe said:
    So, this will probably go over like a lead balloon, but as someone who has submitted POC looks in the past I wanted to explain where I was coming from and why I didn’t think it was offensive. Since learning that POC players find this to be a hurtful action, I have stopped doing it, and I don’t mean to excuse people who do it but rather provide an explanation for how someone might do it and not realize it would be offensive.

    Before reading these forums, the way I viewed SYS events was as though I was a casting director casting models for a show. Because of that, I didn’t want to cast only white models. I would include Asian and Black dolls because I think representation is important. For example, for the Korean Street Style SYS, I created a lot of Korean doll looks because I imagined that for a runway show with that theme I would want to cast a lot of Korean models.

    I realize now that most people here see your doll as one person who is entering a competition, and in that context, I absolutely agree that skin color is not something that can and should be put on like a costume, since that trivializes the experiences of POC.

    I hope this doesn’t cause people to hate me (any more than they already hate me for being a ticket buyer) but I also think it’s important to own up to my past behavior.

    To everyone who I have hurt by doing this, I am genuinely sorry.
    Thank you for you explaining your reasoning! You are not alone, everyone plays this game different 😇 I also think as a creative director/designer and this game is perfect for it IMO! I would even say me and my friends think of it as playing Barbie dolls even! 
     Personally I do not input myself into my dolls because I don’t vision myself as them, heck not in this game or Animal Crossing or Sims or any virtual game of that nature that I have ever played. 
     I agree never, not once was there ever ill will in our gaming! If you are a player who does input themselves into their doll GREAT! That’s awesome do you doll! But just because your point of view how YOU play it doesn’t determine how other players play. Let’s keep it pushing and be better together to create a better space for beginners, remember in a world where you can be anything BE KIND! Everyone is not the same but we are human! 💖 
    I am a POC, I speak 3 languages, and English is not my first language! 🦋
     
    Thank you 🥰 I agree, kindness is the important thing. I noticed someone used the LOL react on my post and I don’t know if that’s because they think my comment is silly or pathetic but to me the main thing is to be aware and make the choice not to hurt anyone intentionally once you are aware.
  • maggieymaggiey Registered Users, Member 506 Posts
    edited August 22
    tortor said:
    A few of my favorite looks…


    That’s me! I’ve never been spotted before! Thank you so much 💕🥺💕
    I'm glad someone liked it because I have no idea what i'm doing and just reusing my looks from the Haute Couture sys 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • SweetOnikaSweetOnika Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I am fairly new to the forum (I was a lurker up until a few days ago) so I understand if I may come off the wrong way but from what I personally understand, the problem isn't people not playing as themselves but rather them changing their skintone to something darker and using POC hairstyles for specific SYS. While from what I've personally have seen it seems to happen mostly in SYS about animals and aliens and etc. I don't think that many people here care whether or not you're playing as yourself but I think they care about more as to why it only seem to happen often during said specific SYS and not others that are about class or elegance. I've seen this thing happen too in the Korean street style SYS and the Kimono (an extremely beautiful clothing from Japan) was used there and some outfits whose patterns reminds me of Chinese culture. From the perspective of another POC, I think it's normal that people will question why this is happening so often, especially here where there have been situations where POC frustration was mocked by others. I don't intend to start a fight, also just sharing what I've personally understood from what was shared here.
  • averykkhaverykkh Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Carianthe said:
    So, this will probably go over like a lead balloon, but as someone who has submitted POC looks in the past I wanted to explain where I was coming from and why I didn’t think it was offensive. Since learning that POC players find this to be a hurtful action, I have stopped doing it, and I don’t mean to excuse people who do it but rather provide an explanation for how someone might do it and not realize it would be offensive.

    Before reading these forums, the way I viewed SYS events was as though I was a casting director casting models for a show. Because of that, I didn’t want to cast only white models. I would include Asian and Black dolls because I think representation is important. For example, for the Korean Street Style SYS, I created a lot of Korean doll looks because I imagined that for a runway show with that theme I would want to cast a lot of Korean models.

    I realize now that most people here see your doll as one person who is entering a competition, and in that context, I absolutely agree that skin color is not something that can and should be put on like a costume, since that trivializes the experiences of POC.

    I hope this doesn’t cause people to hate me (any more than they already hate me for being a ticket buyer) but I also think it’s important to own up to my past behavior.

    To everyone who I have hurt by doing this, I am genuinely sorry.
    This is how I play, it’s how I’ve always played, and I will not be changing my stance on this. I work in fashion marketing. My literal job is to bring a cohesive feel to a diverse set of models. I can’t fathom how this is offensive, and I’m not interested in having further discourse on this topic. 

    However, I’ve also seen countless examples of dolls here being very upset when a player posts using multiple skin tones. Often times it’s for a really good reason (jungle themes, etc). The player’s intent is always unknown, and that makes the presentation a really fine line. The internet doesn’t respond well to nuance.

    I reserve the right to play however I want. No one gets to tell me what’s right and wrong with regards to that. But I also strive every day to be a decent human. This means not posting things that are blatantly hurtful or inflammatory. It’s everyone’s responsibility to know what might fall into that category. Changing skin tones is there, it’s just hurtful to some people. 

    Everyone who plays like me is welcome to do so, but post at your own risk. Your positive intent doesn’t negate the experience of POC dolls who see it negatively. Similarly, your freedom to play how you want doesn’t exempt you from criticism when you post everything on a public forum. 

    TLDR: how you play is not black and white, but how you present yourself matters. Don’t post things that you know could hurt others. 
  • SweetOnikaSweetOnika Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I do hope my comment didn't offend anyone. I just thought I'd share a little bit of light as to why this may be offensive. I just felt like everytime this discussion happens, somehow the actual reason why it started seems to be always forgotten because the spotlight goes to something completely different and us POC dolls who feel like our skintone is being used as a costume for a SYS that is linked to extremely hurtful stereotypes, are made out to be oversensitive. I personally don't see how using a darker doll or POC hair is done out of positive intent considering that (and other similar SYS) are the only place people feel the need to do so. If you don't want to have discussions about this topic, it's fine. It's not a light topic altogether and it's not something you should be forced to have but just because you think your actions and words may have little to no damage, that doesn't make it automatically true. I have seen this discussion happen from time to time since I've been lurking here and it's disappointing that the points that have been made several times (especially the ones which people always bring up as a defense as to why they feel like a black doll is more appropriate for a jungle themed SYS or an alien themed SYS) seem to be always ignored and questioned in a rather rude and arrogant manner.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.