Options

🗳️ ❤️ KK:H Weekend 7/28/22 - SYS & Dating Weekend! ❤️ 🗳️

Comments

• Options
    medsmeds Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I hope the day will come when people on the forum will stop discussing who and how changes the skin color of their dolls and even more so stop judging them for it. But for now we have what we have
  • Options
    EllyBurnsEllyBurns Registered Users, Member 115 Posts
    It started out rough for me but by the time I got to look 6 I found what works the best so I just colored the whole outfit into all the colors I could find enough dyes for😂
    It's my first time doing so well in gold and originally I wanted to level down to silver in the weekday sys but I missed it by one place so yeah, but I'm glad I'm doing well now
    Also, that 60 is too close rn, I hope I won't get it lol

• Options
    IlzeIlze Registered Users, Member 609 Posts
    Well this took a while and was really tedious but finally finished! Loooove the outfit! I went to hair even though it's not for my doll but I don't want to pull it later for some paid boxes as I can't use it, it's gorgeous though ❤️
  • Options
    BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • Options
    MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    Managed to get on to enter looks in between power cuts.

I play on iOS
  • Options
    tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    As some of you know, I stopped posting my looks on the forum after members got offended about my use of different dolls, and often I am sad I cannot share my looks with you guys because people attack about the use of different dolls. 
  • Options
    peachypinkpeachypink Registered Users, Member 1,058 Posts
    The hair is gorgeous but i couldn’t do any dates yesterday so I don’t think I can make it to it. So I will stop here. 

iOS 
    Played on and off since the beginning. 

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100023214764241
  • Options
    Onika222Onika222 Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    edited July 2022
    If people are feeling disrespected, maybe try actually understanding them rather than getting all sassy with them and make the situation worse? Whether POC or not, you're making the situation worse by making them feel like them, feeling disrespected, is something that they shouldn't feel and that they should be grateful for you even acknowledging them and their features. I genuinely don't care if you're as black and dark as myself, your sassiness and shaming doesn't make the situation better, it's just making it seem no different than other situations where some members were caught darkening their dolls skintone and using poc hairstyles in SYS themes about aliens, jungle, tropical etc. Using all of these excuses and making yourself the victim in a situation where you may be the perpetuator isn't helpful at all. I started playing this game before even knowing who the Kardashians were, because flash news, not all of us are americans. Assuming that someone's life is easy because they're bothered by this is pretty audacious and disrespectful but no surprises there considering how the assumptions came to life. I don't see the point in being in a place where rather than acknowledging the possibility that the intentions behind the actions often times can look like 2 different things. I don't see the point in being in a place where members where shamed for feeling disrespected. I don't see the point in being in a place where someone feeling disrespected, is met with a lot of sassiness and assumptions on whether or not their life is a breeze.
  • Options
    luna54luna54 Registered Users, Member 192 Posts
    Onika222 said:
    If people are feeling disrespected, maybe try actually understanding them rather than getting all sassy with them and make the situation worse? Whether POC or not, you're making the situation worse by making them feel like them, feeling disrespected, is something that they shouldn't feel and that they should be grateful for you even acknowledging them and their features. I genuinely don't care if you're as black and dark as myself, your sassiness and shaming doesn't make the situation better, it's just making it seem no different than other situations where some members were caught darkening their dolls skintone and using poc hairstyles in SYS themes about aliens, jungle, tropical etc. Using all of these excuses and making yourself the victim in a situation where you may be the perpetuator isn't helpful at all. I started playing this game before even knowing who the Kardashians were, because flash news, not all of us are americans. Assuming that someone's life is easy because they're bothered by this is pretty audacious and disrespectful but no surprises there considering how the assumptions came to life. I don't see the point in being in a place where rather than acknowledging the possibility that the intentions behind the actions often times can look like 2 different things. I don't see the point in being in a place where members where shamed for feeling disrespected. I don't see the point in being in a place where someone feeling disrespected, is met with a lot of sassiness and assumptions on whether or not their life is a breeze.

PLEASE I don’t think anyone here is comparing people using a dark skin tone in a ‘jungle’ SYS to someone genuinely using a doll as a fashion model, respectfully. 

People are right to be upset when their skin tone is used to be being made fun of or made a joke of. But this isn’t what that is 99% of the time. 

Let people celebrate different races and cultures - isn’t that the goal? 
  • Options
    Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    This outfit did me a solid. Seriously love the skirt / top combo!

• Options
    LucyxoxLucyxox Registered Users, Member 450 Posts
    I want to stay out of what is right or wrong on this because my opinion is irrelevant - it’s not my place to speak in a way that could appear to invalidate the feelings of others who it actually involves. I find it uncomfortable the tone in which these posters are called out in the first place however, and instead of asking questions or trying to educate it can come across as attacking where someone’s actually had positive intent and may not realise the other side. I also see posters get jumped on about what they’re allowed to wear without knowing anything about their race/ethnicity beforehand. I’m sure intentions are good but it doesn’t come across well. It’s also interesting how a lot of players who will jump to conclusions about this also speak in slang which comes from AAVE like it’s nothing.

I feel in two minds to post this but I am shocked by reactions sometimes - it’s not that opinion shouldn’t be voiced it’s the way in which it’s being voiced.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    LindaVB said:
    LindaVB said:
    My looks 1-4:

I haven’t done this well in a long time!
    Looks 5-8:

Im dreading the score of my 9th look…
    Looks 9-12:

called it…
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    luvyours212luvyours212 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    alo said:
    yeaaaaaah no , i’ll never go out my way to dress myself as a skintone im not in an online game. because thats just weird to me.. idgaf if its only an “online game” yall are just plain weird finding excuses to wear a skintone that doesnt even fit u in the first place. 🙅🏻‍♀️ im out this forum LMAOO yall normalize anything 
    I do have to say this. I remember not too long ago you were going at it with a forum doll and when she was calling you out you said “it’s just a dress up game🙆🏻‍♀️“ “like I said it’s just a doll game I’m not going to argue” this & that. We all have different opinions which is fine but every time you give your opinion you’re incredibly rude about. We get it you don’t have to throw sass in your comment every. single. Time.👍🏻 
  • Options
    aloalo Registered Users, Member 817 Posts
    alo said:
    yeaaaaaah no , i’ll never go out my way to dress myself as a skintone im not in an online game. because thats just weird to me.. idgaf if its only an “online game” yall are just plain weird finding excuses to wear a skintone that doesnt even fit u in the first place. 🙅🏻‍♀️ im out this forum LMAOO yall normalize anything 
    I do have to say this. I remember not too long ago you were going at it with a forum doll and when she was calling you out you said “it’s just a dress up game🙆🏻‍♀️“ “like I said it’s just a doll game I’m not going to argue” this & that. We all have different opinions which is fine but every time you give your opinion you’re incredibly rude about. We get it you don’t have to throw sass in your comment every. single. Time.👍🏻 
    go cry about it lmao tf, your nobody to tell me what to do and what not to do. i’ll add sass into my comment again and again and will not care ☺️ but obviously you seem a little confused so go see whats happening for yourself, thank ya ! 
    ios doll ♡
    19 ♊️ Texas ☀️
    🇲🇽🇺🇸
  • Options
    alo said:
    alo said:
    go cry about it lmao tf, your nobody to tell me what to do and what not to do. i’ll add sass into my comment again and again and will not care ☺️ but obviously you seem a little confused so go see whats happening for yourself, thank ya ! 
    Okay brat 🥰
  • Options
    aloalo Registered Users, Member 817 Posts
    alo said:
    alo said:
    Okay brat 🥰
    omg thanks!! i’ll take that as a compliment ☺️☺️
    ios doll ♡
    19 ♊️ Texas ☀️
    🇲🇽🇺🇸
  • Options
    alo said:
    alo said:
    alo said:
    Okay brat 🥰
    omg thanks!! i’ll take that as a compliment ☺️☺️
    I’m suuuuure you are 🤪💗
  • Options
    tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    Because I am sure Koko will do this soon, just a reminder to be nice to each other even if you disagree 
  • Options
    alvaasalvaas Registered Users, Member 389 Posts
    This is a problem that will never be settled since there’s nothing on black and white about what’s right or wrong (except for the obvious). Some people say two braids, some four, some six and some don’t care. The same goes for skintones, some see it as an online life of yourself and some see it as dressing up different dolls and that’s ok too as long as it is with good intentions but please remember to always be respectful to each other. If you see something that offends you? Don’t just call someone out and shout at them, instead, PM them and let them know. You are always rightfully upset bc it’s your own opinion and nobody can tell you what you can and can not feel but nothing is solved with anger. So it’ll be good if we can stop this conversation now since it’s not going anywhere and always be respectful ☺️ Thank you ☺️
  • Options
    haylow71haylow71 Registered Users, Member 248 Posts
    We educate people all the time and it’s very tiring. Google is free. We say it’s disrespectful and yet some people find excuses and play victim. Enough is enough.
  • Options
    AmoraAmora Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    I’m sorry but why is it disrespectful? Everyone is saying they fee disrespected but please explain why. Some people are saying bevause the skin tone doesn’t fit me but I’m not trying for it to fit ME because it’s not me. The skin tones in the game do not match mine, nor does the body type nor does the noses or the eye shapes. So why should I be hell bent to represent myself in the game? I just don’t get it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I’m genuinely sorry if you feel bothered by this though because it’s not going to stop. So you’ll be greeted with it all the time. What I can suggest is not visiting the forum if it makes you uncomfortable.

edit: in light of being told this is insensitive I retract this statement
  • Options
    Amora said:
    I’m genuinely sorry if you feel bothered by this though because it’s not going to stop. So you’ll be greeted with it all the time. What I can suggest is not visiting the forum if it makes you uncomfortable.
    This was a really unwelcoming response, no matter how you feel about the issue 🥺 I feel like this goes against all ideas of being welcoming and inclusive, to invalidate others feelings so bluntly.
  • Options
    I didn’t mean to be blunt but I’m saying that if something was making me uncomfortable I would avoid it. I’m sorry didn’t mean it that way
    💕
  • Options

• Options
    Amora said:
    I didn’t mean to be blunt but I’m saying that if something was making me uncomfortable I would avoid it. I’m sorry didn’t mean it that way
    💕
    Your comments are really triggering for someone who is treated differently because of their skin color. It's really privileged for you to be able to avoid things that make you uncomfortable. Yes, people will probably leave the forum bc they're uncomfortable by this, but then this place has just become another space where minorities feel less welcome when real life happenings are also making them uncomfortable and those are not so easy to avoid. 
  • Options
    What’s funny is that I am a minority. I’m black and I’m from the Caribbean. I retracted the statement even though I did not mean it to be offensive because I don’t want to be that way. You’re ignoring where I literally googled it to “educate myself” and said Google search referred to comparing real life and game experience to “absurd.” 
  • Options
    haylow71haylow71 Registered Users, Member 248 Posts
    Correct me if I’m wrong but can you change your skin color in real life? Even if you could would you be able to handle the racism etc that we get on a daily basis just because of our skin?