Options

✨ ✨ ✨ If you can’t Play the game…

Comments

• Options
    DelenaGovatoDelenaGovato Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    Oh and in some phone brands like xiaomi (which i have) Google play services works differently.
  • Options
    rosy21rosy21 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I have an update! Though there is good news and bad news.

The good news is, we found out what's causing the issue -- it's a new update to Google Play Services. If you UNINSTALL disable GPGS, KKH will then work. After disabling GPGS, when you launch KKH, you will see a pop-up asking you to enable GPGS, but you can just ignore it and it should not come back.

1. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services > Tap Disable > Tap OK to confirm. You'll see a warning that it could affect other apps. It's OK, you'll re-enable it later and everything will be fine.
    2. Then launch Kim Kardashian Hollywood. 
    3. You may get a pop-up notification telling you you must enable Google Play Sevices. Don't tap it! In a few seconds your game should launch normally.
    4. Once you are finished playing, don't forget to to re-enable Google Play Services! Keeping it disabled could affect other apps on your device.
    5. On your mobile device, open Settings . Tap on Apps, click on the drop down to select 'Disabled'. Select Google Play Store > touch enable.

The bad news is that I don't know if you're using Google Play Services for other applications, and also, we need to figure out exactly what is causing this issue. It is not coming from our end as it is due to an update to Google Play Services.

I'll come back when I have more information.

I tried this but i deleted and upload my game so i cant enter my facebook or google play account so i cant take my old game . İm so sad . I wish you can help me . At the least i dont want to lose 6 years of game. My game 6 years .
  • Options
    lusii_23210lusii_23210 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Xiaomi mi10t, android version 12, white screen since this morning
  • Options
    Guys don't delete the data from Google play services you might delete the data of the game 😞only disable the Google play services (if you can, if not let it be), the game needs new update, not Google play services. 
  • Options
    Setsuki101Setsuki101 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Motorola one 5g ace / Andriod version 11
  • Options
    DoricaDorica Registered Users 1,295 Posts
    Oh and in some phone brands like xiaomi (which i have) Google play services works differently.
    Yea, not possible to disable it.
    ❤️ android player ❤️
    🇭🇷🦊♒ 
  • Options
    TwinkTwink Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    rosy21 said:

The good news is, we found out what's causing the issue -- it's a new update to Google Play Services. If you UNINSTALL disable GPGS, KKH will then work. After disabling GPGS, when you launch KKH, you will see a pop-up asking you to enable GPGS, but you can just ignore it and it should not come back.

1. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services > Tap Disable > Tap OK to confirm. You'll see a warning that it could affect other apps. It's OK, you'll re-enable it later and everything will be fine.
    3. You may get a pop-up notification telling you you must enable Google Play Sevices. Don't tap it! In a few seconds your game should launch normally.
    4. Once you are finished playing, don't forget to to re-enable Google Play Services! Keeping it disabled could affect other apps on your device.
    5. On your mobile device, open Settings . Tap on Apps, click on the drop down to select 'Disabled'. Select Google Play Store > touch enable.

The bad news is that I don't know if you're using Google Play Services for other applications, and also, we need to figure out exactly what is causing this issue. It is not coming from our end as it is due to an update to Google Play Services.

I tried this but i deleted and upload my game so i cant enter my facebook or google play account so i cant take my old game . İm so sad . I wish you can help me . At the least i dont want to lose 6 years of game. My game 6 years .
    Do not worry, rosy21. The same thing 
    happened to me.
    Contact Customer Care. 
    They will restore the data to your device. 
    Just follow the instructions.
  • Options
    kcollier90kcollier90 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    rosy21 said:

@eggsandbananas this is exactly why your advice is so damaging. Do better 
  • Options
    IridescenceIridescence Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Can the game not be updated? This will effectively put everyone out of this misery. Come on glu, just give it an update , I mean seriously disabling GPS is your solution for now, again with the "I'm not one to blame, the problem is YOU." 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited June 2023
    They are working on it.  That's all I know at this time.  I'm sorry.   My 2nd Android got hit today.  Nowthey are both out. :(   just read there is a workaround hang on.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    EuroAznQTEuroAznQT Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    White screen on my Samsung Tab 8, SM-X200
  • Options
    They are working on it.  That's all I know at this time.  I'm sorry.   My 2nd Android got hit today.  Nowthey are both out. :(
    You can understand why we don't believe you though right? We've been kept in the dark for 6 months about the status of this game, and people's questions not just being dodged but outright ignored. We feel so let down. There's no transparency. We know they're not really trying to fix it. If they were then they would have sorted out the original google problem instead of "google doesn't support our services anymore".  Its unfair and so disrespectful @kokokokonut we can pretend that you guys are just messengers but at this point it's clear you're more heavily involved and definitely not a messenger because you all ignore us as much as the rest of of Glu/EA
  • Options
    WE HAVE A TEMP WORKAROUND

THERE ARE MORE INSTRUCTIONS, GO HERE AND READ
    from that point.   There are steps by step instructions a few posts down, plus player reaction. 

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BTW, if you've just joined us, I do not work for Glu. I'm hardly lying to anyone. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    keke0388keke0388 Registered Users, Member 1,556 Posts
    edited June 2023
    Will the game ever go back to normal playing mode @kokokokonut?
  • Options
    kkh_Alisonkkh_Alison Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    So I emailed Glu directly, explained that I haven't been able to connect my game to either Google Play or Facebook for the last while, and that I am now getting a white screen. This is the response I got. 
  • Options
    @kokokokonut we don't blame you, we are just mad at glu and ea. You just the "message carrier" kinda same with @eggsandbananas . Just stay strong and this storm will pass.💜 We remember what you guys were doing here for us, spoilers etc🥹💜

The issue is that glu and ea is giving bad explanations and little solutions, the game's last update was in December, the last months GPGS (aka Google play services) was unavailable to connect with the game, so we couldn't save the game with Google, and in the last one months or two (depends on the device), we couldn't even connect with Facebook so we couldn't save the progress in Facebook too. I just hope IF we have access to the game we also have our progress back!
    So with much little details what we have:
    •The game's last update was months ago, the month December.
    •GPGS was doing and keep doing updates many times at month, Facebook too. 
    I don't know much about programs, apps etc. but it's like you try to play something old with today's technology, for example: if you have the old nokia phone with buttons and you try to connect with WiFi. You just can't unless you bring the old nokia phone to today's technology.
  • Options
    Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    They are working on it.  That's all I know at this time.  I'm sorry.   My 2nd Android got hit today.  Nowthey are both out. :(
    You can understand why we don't believe you though right? We've been kept in the dark for 6 months about the status of this game, and people's questions not just being dodged but outright ignored. We feel so let down. There's no transparency. We know they're not really trying to fix it. If they were then they would have sorted out the original google problem instead of "google doesn't support our services anymore".  Its unfair and so disrespectful @kokokokonut we can pretend that you guys are just messengers but at this point it's clear you're more heavily involved and definitely not a messenger because you all ignore us as much as the rest of of Glu/EA
    This is extremely rude, because koko has no responsibility to help us yet still keeps this forum going (thank you koko!)

And eggsandbananas didn't tell anyone this temporary workaround is the end all be all, he literally said "We are looking into how to fix this. The GPS solution is only temporary if you want to play KKH right now." It's a lose lose: you could have gotten no temporary workaround and blamed Glu for being silent on the matter, or been given something temporary and still be unhappy with Glu.
  • Options
    TwinkTwink Registered Users, Member 5 Posts

It didn't work for me.
  • Options
    Reina12 said:
    This is extremely rude, because koko has no responsibility to help us yet still keeps this forum going (thank you koko!)

And eggsandbananas didn't tell anyone this temporary workaround is the end all be all, he literally said "We are looking into how to fix this. The GPS solution is only temporary if you want to play KKH right now." It's a lose lose: you could have gotten no temporary workaround and blamed Glu for being silent on the matter, or been given something temporary and still be unhappy with Glu.
    They 100% should not be blatantly ENCOURAGING people to do something that's extremely damaging to a device and someone's personal security including putting their data, personal information and safety at risk. I understand that people are responsible for their own actions and it's a risk of their own if they choose to listen to their advice without doing their own research.  But if the mods are not educated in the risk and outcome of this suggestion, and don't want to take the heat of their actions, then they shouldn't be saying anything at all. 
  • Options
    So I emailed Glu directly, explained that I haven't been able to connect my game to either Google Play or Facebook for the last while, and that I am now getting a white screen. This is the response I got. 
    I love how they didn't even acknowledge the white screen part of your email and only spoke about Facebook. I had asked them about Google issues weeks ago and they told me that "google play no long supports the game". This is why I believe that the issue won't be fixed for android users. I emailed the same email you did, on the same date and they're not replying :(
  • Options
    melon000melon000 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I just recently bought the vip. Today I checked and if I go to my google play account it doesn't show the subscription to KKH (I know I am on the right account as I got a notification that I am subscribed) and therefore I can't cancel it. I just hope that they wont start billing me every month if this issue won't be fixed.
  • Options
    melon000 said:
    I just recently bought the vip. Today I checked and if I go to my google play account it doesn't show the subscription to KKH (I know I am on the right account as I got a notification that I am subscribed) and therefore I can't cancel it. I just hope that they wont start billing me every month if this issue won't be fixed.
    Send message to google wallet//Google pay and your bank and explain the situation. They are gonna cancel the subscription

• Options
    eittyeitty Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Been playing this game since last five years and ouff all white screen now couldn't even login and claim my rewards 
  • Options
    emmake456emmake456 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    White screen. Galaxy tab A
    Number: SM-T550
  • Options
    2nd andtoud git high.  Both my Android games are gone now.  :(  we need a fix that works.  I'm going to go get some sun.  My sunny disposition is waning.    if they fix the game while I'm out, just holler.  I'll hear it.   :)

Seriously, hang in there. I believe they'll solve these issues.  <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    keke0388keke0388 Registered Users, Member 1,556 Posts
    I hope so
  • Options
    QueenBriQueenBri Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Device name: RCT6B06P23
    Android version: 9
    Issue being white screen
  • Options
    geenellysgeenellys Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    BTW even with the "fix" my game crashes within a minute or 2. I can't even put a look together because it crashes and I have to do the whole GPS thing again. ANDROID IS NO LONGER SUPPORTING THIS GAME.
    She/Her 

iOS (daily player⭐️)
  • Options
    ericasiaericasia Registered Users 32 Posts
    I tried the temporary workaround. It let me load the game but I would have had to start as a new character. I have to enable Google Play Services in order to load my game and then I get the White screen again.