Options

✨ ✨ ✨ If you can’t Play the game…

Comments

• Options
    MissSapphireRoseMissSapphireRose Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Yeah, hope I can get my progress back. I really need to.
  • Options
    kcollier90kcollier90 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Dorica said:
    Hi all, I was on PTO for the past two weeks, so I haven't had a chance to give an update.

We have a fix for the Android issue, and will hope to get the build live some time between Jul 13-20. I will update y'all again once I have more information. We have run into a lot of issues with this fix, from PTOs to technical problems that we have been working to resolve. Once I have a clearer idea of the time frame I will post another update. Thank you everyone for your patience.
    Thanks for info. Hope we will get some compensation for not be able to play one month.
    And still can't for another two weeks and might not even get you progress back 
  • Options
    I missed playing the game so much. Hope I didn't lose out too much. 
  • Options
    Towanda_KKHTowanda_KKH Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    I miss my squad and hope my doll hubby don't divorce her please let everyone progress be ok 
  • Options
    DoricaDorica Registered Users 1,295 Posts
    I miss my squad and hope my doll hubby don't divorce her please let everyone progress be ok 
    I hope I'm still leader in my squad 😔
    ❤️ android player ❤️
    🇭🇷🦊♒ 
  • Options
    DelenaGovatoDelenaGovato Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    edited July 2023
    Dorica said:
    Im (taylena from the same squad ❣️) prob you will be, if all of us didn't lost our progress. We will see, sending positive thoughts and vibes to all, we are all on the same boat and same page for now. And honestly... I was so disappointed, mad and frustrated with this...i thought its gonna have the same ending with Kendall and Kylie game or something similar 
  • Options
    Dorica said:
    Im (taylena from the same squad ❣️) prob you will be if all of us didn't lost our progress. We will see sending positive thoughts and vibes to all, we are all on the same ship and same page for now. And honestly... I was so disappointed, mad and frustrated with this...i thought its gonna have the same ending with Kendall and Kylie game or something similar 
    For me it's the lack of communication. There should have been a public update from Glu on one of the platforms to say hey, we are aware of issues affecting androids, the team are working hard on fixing this. But instead we got template emails with poor customer service who advised us to put our devices at risk and told us to submit and in-game ticket for a game we couldn't access
  • Options
    DelenaGovatoDelenaGovato Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    Dorica said:
    Im (taylena from the same squad ❣️) prob you will be if all of us didn't lost our progress. We will see sending positive thoughts and vibes to all, we are all on the same ship and same page for now. And honestly... I was so disappointed, mad and frustrated with this...i thought its gonna have the same ending with Kendall and Kylie game or something similar 
    For me it's the lack of communication. There should have been a public update from Glu on one of the platforms to say hey, we are aware of issues affecting androids, the team are working hard on fixing this. But instead we got template emails with poor customer service who advised us to put our devices at risk and told us to submit and in-game ticket for a game we couldn't access
    Lmao i don't even put myself in position to send them an email, it was a copy paste response to all the people who reached to them.  I was hoping for someone to report them because this is not a good move by a company that makes millions. Plus many had subscriptions still go on. And i agree to all that, i was saying the same thing till i stopped...it gets very rude, unprofessional unhelpful and ungrateful of them to answer with silence or with the same copy paste message & to act like this... In the opposite side now im anxious that the progress of years might be lost but i will wait to see, I missed my doll so much and I want to open so many boxes😬
  • Options
    jobabyyy17jobabyyy17 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Hi all, I was on PTO for the past two weeks, so I haven't had a chance to give an update.

We have a fix for the Android issue, and will hope to get the build live some time between Jul 13-20. I will update y'all again once I have more information. We have run into a lot of issues with this fix, from PTOs to technical problems that we have been working to resolve. Once I have a clearer idea of the time frame I will post another update. Thank you everyone for your patience.
    If it's a "disable something on your technology" kind of fix or "download something to block your Google Play services" then it's NOT a fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The whole problem is the company that runs KKH HOLLYWOOD does NOT want to be affiliated with Google Play. Therefore, any progress from Google Play will not be accompanying your game. Sounds kind of sketchy to me after the horrible solution they have came up with in the first place which was to "disable Google Play Services in order to play the game." THEY no longer want to be affiliated with Google Play bc that's how we get receipts sent to our Gmail account everytime we make a PURCHASE in the game and it's also what PROTECTS us from getting hacked. Now if we make a purchase and we don't get what we paid for (happened about 10x to me when I attempted to purchase 40 diamonds and it charged my card but didn't give me any diamonds) we have NO RECEIPT or PROOF that we were charged. I really don't trust downloading anything they tell us to download after they put our technology at risk (by telling us to disable Google Play and making our technology susceptible to viruses and hackers). 

Mod Edit - you are free to post your opinion however, it is unnecessary to insult other members.  
  • Options
    ItsDonRoseItsDonRose Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Lmaooo I'm here to tell you it's the first call you are gonna get immediately you switch game locations 😂😂😂I have lost all hope in regards to the top couples list😂😂
  • Options
    Omg, that's amazing! Will signing into Facebook/Google Play services work again? So I can get my progess back?
    Don't you read what has been going on? The whole problem is the company that runs KKH HOLLYWOOD does NOT want to be affiliated with Google Play. Therefore, any progress from Google Play will not be accompanying your game. Sounds kind of sketchy to me after the horrible solution they have came up with in the first place which was to "disable Google Play Services in order to play the game." THEY no longer want to be affiliated with Google Play bc that's how we get receipts sent to our Gmail account everytime we make a PURCHASE in the game and it's also what PROTECTS us from getting hacked. Now if we make a purchase and we don't get what we paid for (happened about 10x to me when I attempted to purchase 40 diamonds and it charged my card but didn't give me any diamonds) we have NO RECEIPT or PROOF that we were charged. I really don't trust downloading anything they tell us to download after they put our technology at risk (by telling us to disable Google Play and making our technology susceptible to viruses and hackers). 
    You don't have to be so rude about it!
  • Options
    bfol69bfol69 Registered Users 41 Posts
    I can play the game on my old tablet, but have had the white screen for ages on my phone.  Ipad works as good as usual.
  • Options
    spoiled_bratspoiled_brat Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    I hope they bring back the kimiversary boxes cuz I couldn’t open any of those as i wanted to open them when the new season start :)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Please be respectful of other posters.  Slams against other members are subject to removal.  if you have a problem with another poster, reach out to me and we will look into it. This is a safe haven for all. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MissMadness145MissMadness145 Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    I hope they bring back the kimiversary boxes cuz I couldn’t open any of those as i wanted to open them when the new season start :)
    I agree, I also hope those of us who accidentally deleted the app in hopes of fixing it will have their progress. 
  • Options
    I agree, I also hope those of us who accidentally deleted the app in hopes of fixing it will have their progress. 
    Same, I really miss my game!
  • Options
    placegrumpyplacegrumpy Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    White screen, Samsung Galaxy S8 Android 9
    🔹Playing this game since 2014🔹
  • Options

If I lose my progress I am going to be furious. 
  • Options
  • Options
    nfinley123nfinley123 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    WE HAVE A TEMP WORKAROUND
    I have an update! Though there is good news and bad news.

The good news is, we found out what's causing the issue -- it's a new update to Google Play Services. If you UNINSTALL disable GPGS, KKH will then work. After disabling GPGS, when you launch KKH, you will see a pop-up asking you to enable GPGS, but you can just ignore it and it should not come back.

1. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services > Tap Disable > Tap OK to confirm. You'll see a warning that it could affect other apps. It's OK, you'll re-enable it later and everything will be fine.
    2. Then launch Kim Kardashian Hollywood. 
    3. You may get a pop-up notification telling you you must enable Google Play Sevices. Don't tap it! In a few seconds your game should launch normally.
    4. Once you are finished playing, don't forget to to re-enable Google Play Services! Keeping it disabled could affect other apps on your device.
    5. On your mobile device, open Settings . Tap on Apps, click on the drop down to select 'Disabled'. Select Google Play Store > touch enable.

The bad news is that I don't know if you're using Google Play Services for other applications, and also, we need to figure out exactly what is causing this issue. It is not coming from our end as it is due to an update to Google Play Services.

I'll come back when I have more information.

(THERE ARE MORE INSTRUCTIONS, GO HERE AND READ
    from that point.   There are steps by step instructions a few posts down, plus player reaction. 

Right now there is a large issue affecting Androids, a white screen opens instead of the game.  If this is happening to you, please post, and include your Device model, and your OS version #.

If anyone else can’t play, please describe your issue below, and also post your device model, and your OS version. 
    There are posts in a number of threads, I’d like to bring them all here to keep better track.  Again, if you can’t play due to game problems, please post below.   Thanks.

• Options
    barbie_doll_dreamsbarbie_doll_dreams Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Right now there is a large issue affecting Androids, a white screen opens instead of the game.  If this is happening to you, please post, and include your Device model, and your OS version #.

If anyone else can’t play, please describe your issue below, and also post your device model, and your OS version. 

There are posts in a number of threads, I’d like to bring them all here to keep better track.  Again, if you can’t play due to game problems, please post below.   Thanks.
    Samsung galaxy A21s 
    Android version 12
    Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra and I can't see what version I have of the game it's just a white screen for at least a week now.
  • Options
    I really hope that's gonna be possible, but I don't have to be an admin to tell you that's not possible 😭😭 When this issue started I really stuck with the app on my phone and told myself that it was only getting uninstalled when it's without-a-doubt clear that the game is completely dead. The most wonderful thing they could do really is find a way to compensate you guys for your troubles. 
  • Options
    geenellysgeenellys Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    dont ever delete your apps unless you plan of not playing anymore. theres nothing they can do if you delete your app which will delete your data 
    She/Her 

iOS (daily player⭐️)
  • Options
    For those worried about their game progress if you've deleted your app, I believe you should be okay if you know your game Id. It would be the same as when you get a new phone and have to redownload the kkh app - if you know your game ID and pop it in, it should sync. 
  • Options
    For those worried about their game progress if you've deleted your app, I believe you should be okay if you know your game Id. It would be the same as when you get a new phone and have to redownload the kkh app - if you know your game ID and pop it in, it should sync. 
    I agree with you about that but remember they said they can ONLY retrieve our game if it is signed into Facebook? For an entire month before my screen went "white" I was unable to connect my game to Facebook. If that was happening to me then I'm sure it was happening to other players as well. Some players might not even have noticed that they weren't connected to Facebook. I have an entire notebook with my Kollections, Hollywood ID and password, etc. bc they tell you when you start playing the game (at least it told me when I started playing in 2020) to write it down. The issue is, how are they going to be able to retrieve our games if none of us are signed into Facebook?
  • Options
    I agree with you about that but remember they said they can ONLY retrieve our game if it is signed into Facebook? For an entire month before my screen went "white" I was unable to connect my game to Facebook. If that was happening to me then I'm sure it was happening to other players as well. Some players might not even have noticed that they weren't connected to Facebook. I have an entire notebook with my Kollections, Hollywood ID and password, etc. bc they tell you when you start playing the game (at least it told me when I started playing in 2020) to write it down. The issue is, how are they going to be able to retrieve our games if none of us are signed into Facebook?
    It's really a sad situation for those that deleted the app tbh because for sure I don't know how having your game ID automatically translates to probably getting your progress back. And true. If it wasn't for me getting a call from Maria about winning stuff if I recommend other people to the game I would have never realized I'm not connected to Facebook anymore. There are people who probably don't know if this forum exists and therefore, wouldn't know the ongoing issues in the game. So once this issue gets fixed there are people who'll be very angry about being in the dark all this while, more so about the Facebook backup issue.
  • Options
    Gina_Gina_ Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    As deleting the app is very very risky, there is still a chance that your phone did not clear the data connected to the app and if you download it again, you would only loose few hours/day/s of game. I am not doing it anymore, but I used to uninstall and reinstall the game, if I failed some kind of important gig or did something by mistake and I was able to play with only few hours lost.
    (BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND DELETING THE APP, you might loose your whole progress!)

But yeah, if anyone deleted and than reinstalled the game immediately, I would say there is still a chance that the progress isn't lost.

I personally wouldn't mind loosing like a month of my progress. I just hope that the years of playing won't be lost 

• Options
    MissMadness145MissMadness145 Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Gina_ said:
    As deleting the app is very very risky, there is still a chance that your phone did not clear the data connected to the app and if you download it again, you would only loose few hours/day/s of game. I am not doing it anymore, but I used to uninstall and reinstall the game, if I failed some kind of important gig or did something by mistake and I was able to play with only few hours lost.
    (BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND DELETING THE APP, you might loose your whole progress!)

But yeah, if anyone deleted and than reinstalled the game immediately, I would say there is still a chance that the progress isn't lost.

I personally wouldn't mind loosing like a month of my progress. I just hope that the years of playing won't be lost 

Agreed. I worked so hard to get where I am. Let’s pray glu will fix this for players. 
  • Options
    shai_loveshai_love Registered Users 36 Posts
    This is true. At some point, it stopped letting me log into Facebook & with the Google Play Games option also down, there's no way to keep progress. I haven't known my game id in years, I've been playing since the beginning & that kind of stuff gets lost when you have multiple phones over the years lol I also agree that some players would never have noticed they were logged out because you don't always look at that stuff.