🔹Playing this game since 2014🔹
  • Options
    placegrumpyplacegrumpy Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    White screen, Samsung Galaxy S8 Android 9
    🔹Playing this game since 2014🔹
  • Options
    shai_loveshai_love Registered Users 36 Posts
    shai_love said:
    Been trying at least once a day to load my game & nothing. I got an email from them saying they're working hard to fix the issue & will notify me once it's up and running. They also closed my ticket & said to look on their official platforms for more information regarding this problem. If they had given an official update then they wouldn't have so many people emailing them in confusion. I understand things happen, but they can at least give an official update on this issue, so far it's been silence. 
    They also don't have any official platforms. I asked them to link me, and they linked the Glu community Forum, I asked again and they said Facebook. Glus Facebook, twitter and Instagram have been disabled haha. And then they keep telling me if it have any further concerns to open a new in-game ticket. I feel like I'm talking to a wall because I CANT GET INTO THE GAME. How am I supposed to open an in-game ticket? 😂 This is honestly ridiculous.  I've started messaged EA on every platform I can find to see if I can get a response that's isn't illogical nonsense. 
    They also told me to send an in-gam ticket if I encounter any more issues and I'm like.....I can't get into the game hence me emailing you like this....? KKH has a Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter although nothing has been posted since November. Although it's strange to disable official accounts even if Glu is now a subsidiary, there's no real mention of them or their games on EA's website. It's frustrating to say the least because having a giant company like EA should have made things better, not worse. 
  • Options
    astro99astro99 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    White screen on RCA tablet since last night
  • Options
    White screen on RCA tablet since last night. 
  • Options
    jobabyyy17jobabyyy17 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Try disabling Google Play Services if you don't want to uninstall.

We are looking into how to fix this. The GPS solution is only temporary if you want to play KKH right now.
    This is a completely unreasonable thing to ask of the players. SO much of our stuff relates to google play, it's where all of our apps are downloaded on android. Its not just for games!? This isn't something that's logical. You need to find a fix and not risk corrupting all the data on your players phones and put their security at risk, exposing them to malware, Jesus. @kokokokonut

And then when ALL our information is leaked Glu will say they're NOT RESPONSIBLE for this? Samsung told me to NOT disable Google Play services.

• Options
    White screen on my RCA tablet since Tuesday night and I missed out on the Night at the Cabaret SYS thanks to this glitch. 
  • Options
    tangerinetangerine Registered Users, Member 219 Posts
    tangerine said:
    TL;DR: I hope I'm wrong but the game has ended. Glu/EA is trying to gaslight us and have us risk the security of our devices. They could have found ways to end the game graciously and still turn a profit but chose chaos instead. I've already found some pretty fun dress-up games to replace KKH (pm if you are looking to fill the void). The lesson I've learned from this is to never again spend real money on a gaming app. Even if it takes forever to level up or gain "exclusive" items - it's much more fun when you feel you've "earned" it vs bought it. Plus if the game ends, I won't be azzed out of hundreds of dollars. 

Hi,

EA have a link on the bio of the game.in the app store that states they have to legally give 30 days notice of a game retiring before they can shut it down. This has a link which leads to a list. KKH is not on this list. If they are retiring the game without notice (I think they are doing a dodgy), then they are at huge fault/risk. 
    Hi,

Which App Store are you referring to because I don't see a link in Google Play Store. I looked on EA's web page under "mobile games" and it's not listed there. Although this thread is regarding Android devices, I also checked iOS App Store and all I can find that supports what the majority of us are saying about the app retiring is the Version History - the last update on iOS was 6 months ago. If you look at the pattern, that's not typical of KKH's monthly (+/-) update schedule.  Can you screenshot where you're seeing this?

Also, regarding the 30 days notice, does it specify to whom the notice must be given? to Google or to users? Additionally having to give 30 days notice of the app shutting down doesn't necessarily mean that they have to continue updating the game. Technically speaking they could "break" the game but if it's still available to download they haven't broken any rules. They could leave a game up that only works on a few devices until they give notice to retire it from the Play Store (taking it down/no longer able to download), thus still keeping within the rules.  

(Also, just to be on the safe side, because I know tone is hard to read online and especially when emotions are high, I wanted to say that my response is not intended to be snarky, rude or condescending in any way. Please read in a neutral tone.) 
  • Options
    Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    I can't keep doing this disable thing, the pop ups I get because of it are driving me nuts 😅 What exactly is causing the issue? Is it an update Google did that now clashes with KKH? Cos I don't recall updating the KKH app recently
    I can't keep doing this disable thing, the pop ups I get because of it are driving me nuts 😅 What exactly is causing the issue? Is it an update Google did that now clashes with KKH? Cos I don't recall updating the KKH app recently
    I literally just stopped because of this, my calendar is a mess right now because it's not syncing well just because I'm always disabling GPS. Everything will just stopped working, so I just playing all together. 
    my calendar also! 
  • Options
    abbey22516abbey22516 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    White screen Google pixel 7 pro 
  • Options
    ericasiaericasia Registered Users 32 Posts
    Yesterday marked one month without the game I recently marked six years with. Six years of playing every time my energy was full as I climbed the ladder, every six hours for SYS, even spending money on K stars and extra tickets every once in a while. 

I thought I would miss it more. I only wish I'd gotten the chance to blow out all of my K stars or complete some outfits I'd waited years for. 

I see they're promising a fix this month. I'm not sure if I'll be back after this lack of communication. 

• Options
    kcollier90kcollier90 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    tangerine said:
    tangerine said:
    TL;DR: I hope I'm wrong but the game has ended. Glu/EA is trying to gaslight us and have us risk the security of our devices. They could have found ways to end the game graciously and still turn a profit but chose chaos instead. I've already found some pretty fun dress-up games to replace KKH (pm if you are looking to fill the void). The lesson I've learned from this is to never again spend real money on a gaming app. Even if it takes forever to level up or gain "exclusive" items - it's much more fun when you feel you've "earned" it vs bought it. Plus if the game ends, I won't be azzed out of hundreds of dollars. 

Hi,

EA have a link on the bio of the game.in the app store that states they have to legally give 30 days notice of a game retiring before they can shut it down. This has a link which leads to a list. KKH is not on this list. If they are retiring the game without notice (I think they are doing a dodgy), then they are at huge fault/risk. 
    Hi,

Which App Store are you referring to because I don't see a link in Google Play Store. I looked on EA's web page under "mobile games" and it's not listed there. Although this thread is regarding Android devices, I also checked iOS App Store and all I can find that supports what the majority of us are saying about the app retiring is the Version History - the last update on iOS was 6 months ago. If you look at the pattern, that's not typical of KKH's monthly (+/-) update schedule.  Can you screenshot where you're seeing this?

Also, regarding the 30 days notice, does it specify to whom the notice must be given? to Google or to users? Additionally having to give 30 days notice of the app shutting down doesn't necessarily mean that they have to continue updating the game. Technically speaking they could "break" the game but if it's still available to download they haven't broken any rules. They could leave a game up that only works on a few devices until they give notice to retire it from the Play Store (taking it down/no longer able to download), thus still keeping within the rules.  

(Also, just to be on the safe side, because I know tone is hard to read online and especially when emotions are high, I wanted to say that my response is not intended to be snarky, rude or condescending in any way. Please read in a neutral tone.) 
    Google.play app store under "about this game" link and screenshot attached

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q?isLocalized=true
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited July 2023
    Just want to bring this forward, for anyone who missed it. @eggsandbananas SAYS they have a fix and hope to roll it out between the 13th and 20th. I have faith in this info.
    Hi all, I was on PTO for the past two weeks, so I haven't had a chance to give an update.

We have a fix for the Android issue, and will hope to get the build live some time between Jul 13-20. I will update y'all again once I have more information. We have run into a lot of issues with this fix, from PTOs to technical problems that we have been working to resolve. Once I have a clearer idea of the time frame I will post another update. Thank you everyone for your patience.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Just want to bring this forward, for anyone who missed it. @eggsandbananas SAYS they have a fix and hope to roll it out between the 13th and 20th. I have faith in this info.
    Hi all, I was on PTO for the past two weeks, so I haven't had a chance to give an update.

We have a fix for the Android issue, and will hope to get the build live some time between Jul 13-20. I will update y'all again once I have more information. We have run into a lot of issues with this fix, from PTOs to technical problems that we have been working to resolve. Once I have a clearer idea of the time frame I will post another update. Thank you everyone for your patience.

Thank you kokokonut. I think people are still disappointed with the communication from Glu though. I am unsure if eggsandbananas is a Glu employee or just a moderator of the forum like yourself, but people would like to hear updates directly from Glu. The customer service team direct us to the forum, Facebook and Twitter to look out for updates, but so far Glu has been silent which is disappointing. We wish they would tell us directly that they are working on it so that we could have some trust. 
  • Options
    MissSapphireRoseMissSapphireRose Registered Users, Member 22 Posts

Thank you kokokonut. I think people are still disappointed with the communication from Glu though. I am unsure if eggsandbananas is a Glu employee or just a moderator of the forum like yourself, but people would like to hear updates directly from Glu. The customer service team direct us to the forum, Facebook and Twitter to look out for updates, but so far Glu has been silent which is disappointing. We wish they would tell us directly that they are working on it so that we could have some trust. 
    Agreed.
  • Options
    tangerinetangerine Registered Users, Member 219 Posts
    Google.play app store under "about this game" link and screenshot attached
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030261/uploads/editor/b3/zr802markyec.png

Hi, this is really weird because it says you're replying to a post from me made today, at 3pm however since my last post talking about how this whole scenario is playing out, I haven't logged into the forums (over a week ago). IDK what's going on but.... to respond to the screenshot you posted, on the EA link, this is the vague message along with where KKH would have been announced.

Even though it's not announced, KKH is being treated just like it says in the message - not updated, some people can access, others can't. etc. Although Eggs has relayed to us that there will be an update sometime within the next few days, that doesn't mean they won't blindside us and say it's phasing out and this might be the last update. I understand Koko is trying to keep our spirits up but it's just giving sloppy on EA's part because they haven't even officially acknowledged the mess they've created on any of their official channels or even with a newsletter that would have taken a marketing intern 5 minutes to write. Someone mentioned that not everyone uses the forums. Imagine how many players who have no idea what is going on! They could have easily sent out an email blast 3 weeks ago and avoided the dumpster fire we're currently sitting in.  I'm still speechless that it was suggested to disable GPS as a "work around."

Who is their PR person? They might need to give Kalinda her job back. 
  • Options
    cocojam055cocojam055 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Can't believe my luck. Bought 1 month VIP and about a day later the game stopped working. It's going to be a month in two days. Is a refund too much to ask at this point? lmao...

Also, at the beginning I deleted the game as I thought it was a me problem, turns out not ( I am not upset about the loss of progress tho, I haven't been playing for a long time )

White screen. Samsung Galaxy A52
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Eggsandbananas works for Glu/EA.  They are a full fledged company rep. When they post that a fix is coming out around 7/13, it’s Glu. Hope this clarifies. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    qsabzqsabz Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    It's a long 4 day holiday weekend, Wednesday morning I'll send links to some of the relevant posts here, and ask for progress about our white screen and fb issues.  

You've mentioned that you don't work for Glu, but do you have a different way of communicating with them than general.players do? I'm a bit confused as to how you will obtain a different answer from them than we do? 
    I have been wondering this for so long! @kokokokonut
  • Options
    igotbaconbroigotbaconbro Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Huawei P30 Lite - Android

• Options
    Galaxaura14Galaxaura14 Registered Users, Member 284 Posts
    Hmm, I wonder why you haven't seen me (or the majority of us) in a while. 🤔🙄🤡

She/Her
    Android
  • Options
    ItsDonRoseItsDonRose Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Hmm, I wonder why you haven't seen me (or the majority of us) in a while. 🤔🙄🤡

The wait will be over soon I guess.
  • Options
    Towanda_KKHTowanda_KKH Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    I got the same notification hope the game will be fixed soon 
  • Options
    Eggsandbananas works for Glu/EA.  They are a full fledged company rep. When they post that a fix is coming out around 7/13, it’s Glu. Hope this clarifies. 
    Thank you for confirming. However people do not know that they work for Glu, so it still doesn't feel theyve communicated appropriately. It's a big let down from Glu/EA as a company that they've not made any kind of official communication with their players :(
  • Options
    Day one of waiting for the fix. 6 days to go. I'm really hoping we don't have to wait all the way till the 20th, maybe get an update by the 15th. I'd be so happy 
  • Options
    DoricaDorica Registered Users 1,295 Posts
    Day one of waiting for the fix. 6 days to go. I'm really hoping we don't have to wait all the way till the 20th, maybe get an update by the 15th. I'd be so happy 
    It will probably be the last day or not at all 😔😭
    ❤️ android player ❤️
    🇭🇷🦊♒ 
  • Options
    MissSapphireRoseMissSapphireRose Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Oh boy. Really hope a fix comes soon.
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    It would be nice to be able to play normally again, especially before the next Seasons starts.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    I might need to find a new squad... I'm probably kicked out from the one I was in. They were pretty committed. Anyone from the Big Lattos squad??