Options

Kim Kardashian: Hollywood - Sunset Notice

Comments

• Options
    eligallus03eligallus03 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Not sure how possible keeping this game alive could be but there has to be a way to glu!! There is such a huge demand for this game and with no other games like it on the market I really feel this situation could turn out better with even just a rebrand. If the contract with Kim is the issue then bring back Stardom or rebrand the game! So many of us have put a lot of time into this game and will continue to do so the next few months but after that all of our progress will unfortunately be gone. Many of us spend a lot of money on this game. I’m sure it has to be a big chunk of revenue for the company!! And could continue to be with a rebrand or even attempt at bringing this game back! 

The only reason there has been a player drop over the years is cause of less marketing and less updates. If this game had more energy put into it or another game of its kind, I’m sure it could become a big thing again! I’m seeing many people on social media who didn’t even know this game was still around that are getting back into playing it or wanting to get back into playing it but can’t as the game will be gone. 

This shut down has also caused some issues with the game as you can’t get vip anymore or buy any k stars or energy so it does take a lot more time to get through the game. Which sucks for us still playing and trying to get as far as we can cause we are very limited currently on what we can do. If you all really don’t want to bring this game back or rebrand at least be gracious and give us some free in-game rewards!! I’m sure us as a community would just appreciate something even if it’s something as little as that. 
  • Options
    edited January 9
    FOR ANYONE WHO HASNT SEEN: 

There is currently a petition with thousands of signatures going around to keep the game! Please sign, spread the word, post on this form, and post on social media. If we get enough of us to band together we could possibly get Glu to do something with this game. Whether it be keeping the game up, rebranding, or even just giving us free in game items for the time being. I’m sure us as a community will be grateful for anything. 

• Options
    There’s no other games like this out there. The fashion aspect is the best out there, gameplay wise there is no others like it, and really it’s such a huge game with so many different locations n’ things to do. I really don’t see a reason to shut this game down. I feel the best thing to do would be to keep this game going and just market it better while adding more updates/content. I could see this game being a big thing again. 
  • Options
    Chloè_KKHChloè_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,377 Posts
    edited January 9
    The time has come, this is the end of an era. We all knew that the game would come to an end sooner or later but we also hoped that we would have more time.

I will never forget the waits for the spoilers or for the start of the events, the searches in the voting booth to find that item I wanted before the introduction of the squads, the sharing joys and disappointments here on the forum.

Like many others, the game has accompanied me through very difficult moments in life.

I hope that glu can create a game with the same mechanics and the same graphic style, these are two things that have captivated me since 2018.

A huge thank you goes to @kokokokonut for being kind to everyone and trying to solve the our issues.

It's a chapter that is closing and I have to say that I will miss it a lot.
    I wish each of you the best and, maybe, we will meet again in another game!
    Android
  • Options
    quinnkkhquinnkkh Registered Users, Member 115 Posts
    I don't understand why after paying money for things that were supposed to stay with me, it turned out that they were lost forever! I saw a girl who wrote to Apple support and expects a refund, how can this be done?
    Yes, I bought diamond pack in December and just got refunded, my sister bought kstars and she just requested refund go thru apple support 
  • Options
    CeresStarUpCeresStarUp Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Hence the end is near. And the date they chose to end it all? 08 April... You had to do it on my birthday?!
    Goodbye to Cassio, to my closet full of precious memories, to Willow Pape. Yes, at this point I'll probably miss even Willow Pape, Crystal Fletcher and Chad Dylan Parker. 

This game has accompanied most of us since its launch through so much.
    Teenage uncertainty, workplace drama, fashion crisis, real-world issues etc.
    It has been a space for virtual vacation. Love the Vienna home. Love the places for hangouts and dates.
    One of the things that kept me sane these days.

I hope there is a rebrand. I can make do without Kim and her entourage. Signing the petition now. It's a long-shot, but I really hope to see a rebrand. Even if it's just a fallback to the old Stardom. I'm sure they still have the data lying somewhere in archives. 

Meanwhile I am shopping for a memorabilia (Necklace from Chevier vs FFG). 
    If I can't find a ready-made one, I'll DIY.
    I had to make peace with my childhood self somehow... Still upset that I'll probably have the most depressing birthday this year. Thank you Glu.
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey  <3 
    This is so sad. I saw the announcement on social media. I haven’t played in a long time, but I used to be a regular poster here on the forum. 
    I had to pop by and say goodbye to everyone (especially the originals!). I had such a great time here back in the day and made some great friends (one I’m still in touch with irl!). 
    I remember the fashion threads, the annual holiday card, the wait for weekend event spoilers and mainly just the fun we’d all have  <3

Thanks to @kokokokonut and @LindaVB for everything. End of an era  :'( take care, everyone  <3
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Ruby_JadeRuby_Jade Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    this is absolutely insane, and what a terrible way to go about announcing it! shows how little they truly cared about this game 😭😭 I started playing this in 6th grade and now I’m 22, we’ve been through it all and to have it go is just so sad. thank you to everyone for making such a great community and giving people like me a reprieve from life! KKH forever 🫶🏻❤️😭

EDIT : update, I thankfully had my tickets refunded through apple. such a shame they wont continue SYS through April. Shame on Glu for not notifying SYS participants that NYE in NYC was going to be the last ever SYS and to let them continue buying ticket packs. That is the ultimate shady business tactic, and it has shown me that EA has truly chewed up and spit out this company. I have been with Glu since they bought out Playfirst, which is where I started on this decade and a half long journey and I now am debating on if I would even support a sister game or a Stardom revival anymore, seeing how poorly this company treats its most loyal customers. I hope whoever’s left at this company sees this and feels guilty because that is so, pardon my french, scummy! I don’t like to use words like that but it truly the only way to describe it. I was lucky enough to get my refund but others who are in the same boat aren’t having the same luck, which is just ridiculous. I can understand denying diamond pack refunds but tickets? a now invaluable currency? Whatever, enough of me ranting, this will most likely be my last time on this website as I cannot stand to support the monster EA has created any longer. The community was absolutely wonderful, and oh how I wish I could say the same for the company.
    💯 Agree. I purchased a ticket pack not knowing the last SYS was the last. I had tickets left. No warning just a lousy “sunset notice”. When other games have gone offline, players were offered something to use on a different game. What a way to treat customers who have invested their time and money into a game. And this game required bucks to enjoy any good play. Very greedy and very egregious. Just dumping the customers without letting us enjoy the end. No way to get the pieces we missed from SYS even for a short while. We should all think about this before we invest time and money in virtual worlds that end with zero gain. 
    They may have considered giving players a clue about new fashion games with better graphics and designs, given game currency on a sliding scale to make the loss less empty and given their players a chance to get the pieces we’ve had our eye on for years. 
    It is pretty heartless. 
    I’m even sadder for the Dolls who really enjoyed the forum. 
    Lousy. Lousy. Lousy. 
    I can’t believe they let us buy ticket packs they knew we wouldn’t get to use up. Wow. Greedy. 
  • Options
    Ruby_JadeRuby_Jade Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    It would have been nice, and adding closure if the events had continued after the announcement.  I would have spent the week voting, looking at all the different outfits.  Even the funeral outfits we would have seen.
    At the end, family and friends come to a deathbed to say goodbye one last time.
    I feel strongly, we should have been told earlier so we might have had closure.
    I'm too sad to talk right now but I love you too Linda.  I've made so many friends here.  I'll probably be hanging around at the PurseForum (celebrity section -I'm Cocolo.) Their Kim Kardashian celebrity gossip thread actually turned me onto the Game in June 2014.  A few of us Bishes decided to try the game when it came out.  I just never left.  
    Let's hope someone makes another  "Barbie" game.   After all, that was the allure. right?
     Kim who? I dont know about you, but  I've been playing electronic Barbie with friends for the past decade.  Some rival game developer can make a mint.  We don't need kims persona.  We need a fashion doll going though life with pretty things! 
    Ok I'm rambling now.  Just so sad.
    I literally said something similar responding to another Doll. Give us a fashion game with great graphics and give us a sliding scale of game currency to move to a better “Barbie” game. This was more about clothes and visuals for ladies who loved Barbie. 
    Just pulling it out without even giving us a last hurrah to get pieces we missed. Just so greedy and rude. 
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Everyone reading please make your squads public so we can shop each other's closets!
    iOS
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    edited January 14
    I would love it if @eggsandbananas could let us know why Glu is not giving us unlimited resources and putting ALL items in boxes? (Since customer services only says they’ll bring it to “the team”) 

Give us a chance to “finish” the game before it’s gone. 
  • Options
    keke0388keke0388 Registered Users, Member 1,556 Posts
    Right @Mani86!!!!!
  • Options
    KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,872 Posts
    not them giving us double star/diamond offers but there’s no way for us to get the old weekend items etc bc there’s no season boxes or sys 🤨😭
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    not them giving us double star/diamond offers but there’s no way for us to get the old weekend items etc bc there’s no season boxes or sys 🤨😭
    Squad hop like I am! Im just going into random squads and shopping their lookbooks 
    iOS
  • Options
    ElenaaaElenaaa Registered Users, Member 474 Posts
    I don’t understand how they can make the game completely inaccessible?? I mean many of us spend money on this game, why can’t it just stay accessible??? How is it allowed that the things we paid for are just gonna be gone by april 8th?? 
  • Options
    Noel888Noel888 Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    It'd be Kool if they at least allowed us 5 daily kudos to give out.  I mean it's the least they can do 
  • Options
    So we are still just going with ignoring the fans and scre-ing them over? Sunseting a game is one thing, doing it without giving the loyal fans a chance to have everything before it’s gone is another. Disrespect to the fullest. 
  • Options
    MsMKT86MsMKT86 Registered Users, Member 343 Posts
    -This may have mistakes. I apologize in advance.-

I have been holding off on saying anything about this sunset situation but honestly I think it's because I have so much to say I can't put it all into words. 

This is the EA/GLU game that I play (and I play a few of them) where the team was useless disrespectful.

I understand the sunsetting. I don't like it whatsoever. It's just one more display of disrespect that is being thrown our way. People have been asking questions for a few weeks now and have been met with utter silence. Which honestly is nothing new when it comes to dealing with this Glu team.

I also feel like 100 days is pointless without unlimited Kash, K-stars and Diamonds in order to purchase everything and for all box items to be available in the store. Especially for people who have completed or almost completed the games but still play for the clothing and items. 

There is so much I want to say. I wish I could figure out how to put it all into words. I'm angry, I'm hurt, I feel disrespected. 

The complete and utter disregard for the time we've spent, the money we've spent and the community we've built is probably the most egregious thing about all of this. 

All of the things that have gone wrong with this games over the years that was their fault but we were blamed for or just not compensated for, all of the non-response when help was asked for. 

I don't know what else to say. I mean, I have a lot more to say but my feelings keep getting in the way. I love you all and I love this game. 

We deserved better. 
    Fangirl, Intersectional Feminist, Activist, Writer (author, some would say). #YouDefineYou she/her 
    Android User from way back
  • Options
    I’ve been asking customer “services” WHY we can’t get all items available since this is the end, but always gets told they will tell “the team”. Is there anyway or anywhere else to get an answer? That is the most disrespectful part. After all that time spent playing and we won’t even get the chance to enjoy everything we’ve been working towards? Not having the chance to see all items on our dolls?

F**k that. That is really pissing me off.
  • Options
    [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Administrator, Moderators 1,127 Posts
    Mani86 said:
    I’ve been asking customer “services” WHY we can’t get all items available since this is the end, but always gets told they will tell “the team”. Is there anyway or anywhere else to get an answer? That is the most disrespectful part. After all that time spent playing and we won’t even get the chance to enjoy everything we’ve been working towards? Not having the chance to see all items on our dolls?

F**k that. That is really pissing me off.

The simple answer is the developers have already been disbanded.  The customer experience team doesn't have the capability to enable content and certainly we don't have the staff to manually award all the things to all the players who would want us to gift it to them.  And of course it doesn't make sense to dedicate resources of that scale to a title that is closing. 
  • Options
    edited January 29
    Isn’t there any way to at least keep offline access to the game so we can still enjoy our closets, houses, pets, …? I spend money on this game and it feels like if you would buy a cute top or something and the brand decides to discontinue the top and than comes to your house to burn the top you paid for so now you have nothing… it just makes no sense 😢
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited January 30
    The servers for the game will be shutting down.  And then it will all cease.   I'm sorry. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HaileewoodHaileewood Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    SugarK said:
    Sure wish an announcement would have been made at the beginning of December so we could have used our game currency while events were still active 🙄
    Same😭 this is so sad I didn’t even get to enjoy the last season or sys event thinking there would be more💔
  • Options
    Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    edited February 1
  • Options
    DoricaDorica Registered Users 1,295 Posts
    If anybody is still lurking here, I'm gonna leave this here.
    Saw the post in Facebook group.

❤️ android player ❤️
    🇭🇷🦊♒ 
  • Options
    LucyxoxLucyxox Registered Users, Member 450 Posts
    edited February 3
    @Dorica that’s so cool I wanted to do something like this but I can’t draw lmao I’m glad someone is I love the artwork and the name 💕 I hope they have every success 💕
  • Options
    KKHARIARKKHARIAR Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Dorica said:
    If anybody is still lurking here, I'm gonna leave this here.
    Saw the post in Facebook group.

Follow her in patreon and Discord: City of Stars | Indie RPG Mobile Game | Patreon 

• Options
    The servers for the game will be shutting down.  And then it will all cease.   I'm sorry. 
    It’s not your fault, but thank you for being there all these years communicating with us! I’m going to miss this community 😔
  • Options
    Noel888Noel888 Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    Got a new phone and was able to switch my game over (android) by going into manage apps and looking though my uninstalled apps. ❤️
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited March 4
    Thank you everyone for making the forum & playing so special. If I never ‘see’ any of you again, I just want to say thank you, for being part of this awesome community. My fave activities were parties.  Fill up my homes with forum friends.  And taking pictures with you guys.  I’ll be honest, when I heard the news last week that electronics arts was having a very bad quarter, laying off hundreds and hundreds of people, canceling a lot of their games. I was really kind of glad. What they did to our game was horrible letting it die a slow death for over a year.  I really hope that out of the ashes of KKH,  a new developer will make another version of our beloved Barbie. Because really, nobody cared that it was Kim. It was Barbie! Some days I am just angry, other days I don’t care.  But so many of you were playing for so many years.  It’s been almost a decade. It stinks that our dolls will just vanish, like bad 404 error.  Hope EA continues to fail. We’ll sit and laugh about it.  
    If anyone pops into purseforum, I’m Cocolo; on tattlelife look for VioletButterfly.  <3B)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary