Options

Attack speed and casting speed

dylan0248dylan0248 Registered Users 3 Posts
Does the attack speed and casting time speed from skills and equipment actually make a difference? I have not noticed any difference.. I could be wrong but Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    we have discussed this topic in the past that regular attacks do not receive any bonus from attack speed increase from gear. We are not sure if it is based for skills or the bonus is just broken.
  • Options
    robp4probp4p Registered Users 8 Posts
    I would really like someone from Glu to respond to this.

With a moderate sample size and a stop watch, I've recorded the number of swings/casts/heals per second and the +atk speed gear makes ZERO difference even on the latest patch.

Given that some of the best gear (purple, orange) has +attack spd/+cast spd as a primary benefit, it seems ridiculous that this is still broken.

Can anyone respond to what the intended purpose of +attack spd or +cast spd is supposed to be, or when it will be fixed?
  • Options
    KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    have you tried checking the speed of the skill cast or skill attack? Like how fast the arrows fall down or how long it takes Zy'dar to cast quake?
  • Options
    Graz73Graz73 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Just guessing here, but maybe the effect is in the damage, not in the animation. Meaning, that enemies are hurt faster, but the characters dont look any different?
  • Options
    COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    robp4p wrote: »
    I would really like someone from Glu to respond to this.

With a moderate sample size and a stop watch, I've recorded the number of swings/casts/heals per second and the +atk speed gear makes ZERO difference even on the latest patch.
    Just tested this for heals in party that consisted from 2 healers(with different healing speed) and tank. Didn't ordered healers to heal so they started at the same time(after the first successful enemy attack).

Healer with more attack speed do heals faster.
  • Options
    CandleCandle Registered Users 13 Posts
    Agreed, Ive noticed faster heals on healers, but on other characters, the stat increase isn't as noticeable.