Options

New Mission Finder System in v1.1.1 - what do you think?

tiberiustiberius Registered Users 43 Posts
Hi everyone, we just released our v1.1.1 update (for iOS and Android), and wanted to get your feedback on a new feature we added called the Mission Finder System.

Attachment not found.

You will see a blue arrow on the Map screen, which will show you the easiest mission available to play on the map.

So, if you want to find out which mission is easier to play, the blue arrow will lead the way.

The red arrow on the Map screen is still available as well. This arrow shows you a city mission which will unlock new missions.

Attachment not found.

Please check out the update, and tell us what you think of this new feature.

Thanks!
Sr. Producer | Heroes of Destiny | Glu Mobile

Comments

• Options
    genoredgenored Registered Users 28 Posts
    Well i think somebody spent a total of 20 minutes programing this feature and your team is REALLY proud of him.

I just don't know how you came to the conclusion that this was the best way to guide people to the right mission.

How about ever mission site on the map gets a Severity rating + a Small PIC of the hero required. Also needs a small pic if its a Elite Mission, Mine, Boss och regular mission.

When you enter the mission and you get the choice of picking the star you want to replay, Explain how the shit gets harder.

Example: All monsters 300%HP, 300% DPS for level 4 star.

Well this would take a lot of reall work to implementing.
  • Options
    Hi genored!

Thanks for your awesome feedback. This feature took a bit more than 20 minutes to make, but we know it can be better. :)

We do read your feedback, and listen. Thanks for taking your time to play our game!
  • Options
    Also while we are talking Features.

1# How about, Letting us know what Level an item is. We can now see the Tier but there are obvious different levels of the same item.

Example: Supreme Jeweled Staff Tier 6 got it from a Mission quest, Max Damage 474. You are now selling the same staff max damage 591, 447 Glue Gold, About 23 Euros.

2# Also do you guys read the: http://ggnbb.glu.com/forumdisplay.php?90-Suggestions

3# So many Threads asking for an upgrade system for minerals. I have 9000k Amber

4# I would also like you guys to check your if you are using the correct math programing when upgrading items with chanse.

5# Buy skillpoints for glu coins tanx

6# Actually adding a chance of a Purple or Orange item dropping from the missions.
  • Options
    Hi genored, yes, we do read the suggestions board.

We do have some new features planned that should address some of your points.

Regarding #4, do you find our item upgrade system useful? Do you only upgrade with Coins?
  • Options
    tiberius wrote: »
    Hi genored, yes, we do read the suggestions board.

Regarding #4, do you find our item upgrade system useful? Do you only upgrade with Coins?

Ok don't get me wrong. From my perspective your game is probably top 30 android games.
    I also do realize that the total work you guys have put into this game is 10 times more than the average android game. So you guys need to earn some money to pay for food and all that good shit.

But when you ask me a quest if i only upgrade with coins( I'm guessing you are referring to soft money) i would like to ask you the quest, who on your development team has the salary to pay for glu coin upgrades with real money?

Anyway from a statistical point of view even though i have a small sample size, from my experience the chance of upgrading items with coins is smaller than what is specified. Well its possible I might have a lot of bad luck. So thats why i ask the question have you guys tested the chances for upgrading items lately?
  • Options
    We understand your feedback regarding the cost of things in the game. At the same time, we have designed the game so that it is playable for many hours without spending any real money.

Regarding probability in the upgrade system, I've personally had completely different experience than what other users have reported. We are just using the standard random number generator function in Unity (we didn't make it, Unity did), so if that's broken (we don't believe so, based on our understanding), all Unity developers are in trouble. :|
  • Options
    We understand your feedback regarding the cost of things in the game. At the same time, we have designed the game so that it is playable for many hours without spending any real money.

Regarding probability in the upgrade system, I've personally had completely different experience than what other users have reported. We are just using the standard random number generator function in Unity (we didn't make it, Unity did), so if that's broken (we don't believe so, based on our understanding), all Unity developers are in trouble. :|

Yes the design is good and difficulty is on a NES 8bit top 10 hardest games. Like i said you need to pay the bills i get that.

Well good to hear. Guess i'm just unlucky then.
  • Options
    HobtuseHobtuse Registered Users 21 Posts
    @Tiberius: Thanks for the update and fixing the Fel'mor bug (hoping for a Fel'mor sale soon so that I can purchase the character later)

Regarding the new mission finder, I think it's an interesting new feature that would aid new players as I recalled being confused about the order of the missions to play when I first started out. But for seasoned players, the feature does not add much value to us and we are looking for more new content and genored has made some good points above.

The upgrading system could do with some upgrading as there is a significant gap between the levels of minerals used. Amber is far too easily amassed and quickly irrelevant while the other 4 (amethyst, emerald, ruby and falling star) are quickly exhausted while rare. In addition, to the standard random number generator function, perhaps increasing the odds slightly with every failure could help. There is something wrong when you empty your resources (gold + falling stars, rubies and emeralds) just to try upgrade an item to level 10 and failing miserably and having to take a few weeks of gameplay to get to the same level to attempt the same upgrade again.

With regards to
    could you elaborate a little more on the timescale and features that you would be allowed to discuss with us?

Would also like to express thanks to the developers for this game. I have enjoyed Heroes of Destiny immensely!
  • Options
    @Hobtuse - thanks for your feedback. The mission finder system is indeed meant to help newer players. It's also our first iteration of the feature, and we want to make it better.

Regarding the upgrade system - we are looking at making improvements to it. It's a complicated problem for us to tackle, but we will do our best to make the gameplay experience better for everyone.

While I can't go into too much detail, we're close to locking our list of features for the next update. Please stay tuned!
  • Options
    GorionGorion Registered Users 19 Posts
    We understand your feedback regarding the cost of things in the game. At the same time, we have designed the game so that you have to wait for hours/days to replay missions without spending any real money.

Sorry but I took the liberty and I edited for clarity.
  • Options
    @Gorion - Thanks for your constructive feedback.
  • Options
    aleealee Registered Users 29 Posts
    Since the Mission Finder came out, it has been pointing me to the the Fire Demon mission for the 4th star, except once when it pointed to a mine raid, in VII I think.

1. I don't think it ever pointed me to any other mine raids, including easier ones than VII. I've also found that any mine raid is far easier than getting 4 stars for the Fire Demon mission, so the Mission Finder should have pointed to mine raids more than just that one time.

2. It has been pointing to the Fire Demon mission for the 4th star this whole time because I have yet to successfully complete it. All combinations of heroes that I've tried get killed at the end by the Fire Demon. Meanwhile, I got the 3rd star for the elite mission in V, the 4th star for a couple of missions in IX, and the 2nd star for a mission in XII, all of which I found easier than the 4th star for the Fire Demon (since I completed those successfully.) Comparing the difficulty of boss fights with other missions may be hard to do reliably.

It may be helpful to have the Mission Finder point to the 2 (or maybe 3, at most) easiest missions on the map using different colors, in case a player may find the "second easiest" mission actually easier than the "easiest" mission.
  • Options
    Morari15Morari15 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Parece que é uma nova ferramenta muito boa, porem depois da atualização que a equipe Glu fez eu não consigo mais entrar no jogo, aprece uma mensagem conectando ao servidor de download e depois começa a baixar uma atualização com 60 minutos estimados, e esse atualização nunca termina, na verdade termina mas logo em seguida ela começa novamente e fica nesse ciclo eu gastei cerca de R$60,00 Reais com o jogo que são aproximadamente $28,00 Dólares e agora não consigo mais jogar já mandei mensagem para o suporte faz uns 3 dias e a equipe não responde!!!

Parabéns pelo esforço de vocês para melhorar o jogo!!! Mas para que eu possa continuar jogando e investindo no game vocês tem que me informar como resolver esse meu problema!!! Obrigado!!
  • Options
    @Morari15

Thank you for playing our game. I will advise customer service about your problem.

Obrigado por jogar o nosso jogo. Vou aconselhar o serviço ao cliente sobre o seu problema.
  • Options
    FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Hi Morari15,

Our Customer Care system does not have any records or messages originating from the email address that is listed under your forum account, If you used a different email address to contact us, please provide the ticket number that is sent to you as an acknowledgement for receiving your message and we will look into this right away.

From what you are describing, it seems that your device is not connecting to the server in order to update game assets, please make sure you are on a reliable high speed WiFi connection when you update this game, cell phone signals are not good for large files and having an estimated time listed as 60 minutes is definitely not a good connection.

We look forward to your reply with the ticket number.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Morari15Morari15 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Desculpe, enviei o ticket para o suporte o nº dele é #130529-000094, minha conexão de download wi-fi da aproximadamente 20 a 30 Kbps o download inicial é de 30 minutos porem quando este cronometro fecha começa a contar o tempo novamente ai começa com 60 minutos e o download sempre em 0% !!! olhem la por favor e me respondam!!! Obrigado!!!
  • Options
    SylkeCherubSylkeCherub Registered Users 26 Posts
    Hi everyone, we just released our v1.1.1 update (for iOS and Android), and wanted to get your feedback on a new feature we added called the Mission Finder System.

Attachment not found.

You will see a blue arrow on the Map screen, which will show you the easiest mission available to play on the map.
    So, if you want to find out which mission is easier to play, the blue arrow will lead the way.

Thanks!

I'm new and old, so maybe I just can't play well - but I find i can't complete the missions that the blue arrow points to. And I can't afford to buy new equipment, and trying to upgrade always leave me broke with little to show for it. :(
  • Options
    boivjetboivjet Registered Users 4 Posts
    I want to start off by saying this is probably the best free game I have played for IOS but saying that there are a few changes that could make the game a little better.
    1. Yes the mission finder was a great idea but does direct you in the wrong direction more than once. I think it underestimates the difficulty of some story mission levels or elite missions. IE, I was on defeat the Ice demon going for the second star while I still had a bunch of normal missions in area 10 that were not complete. After finally completing the Ice demon level I was easily able to blow through the next 30 or so stars it recommended after that.
    2. Maybe a progress bar to say how many stars you need to progress to the next area would be a great idea. Because I have been stuck in my current area not being able to progress into the Southern Lerona for quite some time now. I am stuck not knowing whether there is a bug preventing me from progressing, lack of stars, or if that area is even unlock able at the current time.
    3. I enjoy that the game is free and that you can pay for some aspects of it but wish there were ways to use coins to pay for everything, just have a high amount of coins that someone has to save up and keep playing for to gain those advantages that people who open their wallets get with instant access.

Great work so far and keep up the good work, Jeff