Options

Amethyst Road Block

gwuinsfgwuinsf Registered Users 8 Posts
I've got Party Level 251. Many of my Heroes are maxed at level 31. I've got 209/260 stars filled. I'm working on area XII.

The Amethyst drop rate is a serious road block to progressing. I've got over 1000 Topazes, 300 Emeralds, 150 Rubies, but I rarely get Amethysts to upgrade my gear. Plus at 25% success rate, it's slow going to get my gear upgraded so that I can progress further.

I'd like to suggest that you give us the ability to trade up or trade gems down. Like 10 Topazes combine to an Amethyst and 1 Emerald breaks down to 10 Amethysts.

Comments

• Options
    mannyvmannyv Registered Users 1 Posts
    I feel your frustration. I'm at party level 178 with two characters maxed out, high level equipment, etc. It feels like I barely find Amethyst. It doesn't make sense to me either. Why would amethyst be the hardest to find? Rubies, emeralds and falling stars are what get you to level 10 so why make it more difficult to get to level 5 or 6? Makes no sense.
  • Options
    genoredgenored Registered Users 28 Posts
    gwuinsf wrote: »
    I've got Party Level 251. Many of my Heroes are maxed at level 31. I've got 209/260 stars filled. I'm working on area XII.

The Amethyst drop rate is a serious road block to progressing. I've got over 1000 Topazes, 300 Emeralds, 150 Rubies, but I rarely get Amethysts to upgrade my gear. Plus at 25% success rate, it's slow going to get my gear upgraded so that I can progress further.

I'd like to suggest that you give us the ability to trade up or trade gems down. Like 10 Topazes combine to an Amethyst and 1 Emerald breaks down to 10 Amethysts.

Rubys will be the new downfall after a while

Make sure you only uppgrade purpel or orange items above level 5
  • Options
    COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    It is not very difficult to farm it in endgame. You don't even need to actually play the game. Just start the 4th star mission of 1-2 areas with one DD hero, and leave your iPhone on the table for a couple of minutes. Then collect loot and start another 4th star mission.

With such approach I farmed about 100 Amethyst's per hour while doing other things.
  • Options
    aleealee Registered Users 29 Posts
    @COBOK Thanks for this incredibly useful tip! My upgrades were limited by amethysts for a long time, then by amethysts and fallen stars, and now by rubies. I'm actually using 4 fighters in areas I-III, and putting in a healer or two in area IV. My heroes can't get through any missions in area V on autopilot, though it's not a good place to get anything above amber anyway. Sometimes, I find my heroes and the monsters just stand there staring at each other (with Brenna twirling her daggers, Z'dar scratching his nose, and Alia bending down to pick up coins from the ground or something), so I have to make my heroes attack, but the main limitation now is the cooldown time for the missions.