Options

Gem prices

The prices for gems are WAY TOO MUCH! Either reduce the price or increase the amount of gems for the price! $4.99 for 100 gems, or 200 gems for $9.99, rip off. It should be more like 250 gems for $4.99, $0.99 for 50 gems, 500 gems for $9.99, and so on. PLEASE glu administrators, if you don't do this, along with fixing the last few mission's difficulty, you will lose a lot of your current HoD players along with way fewer potential new players!

Comments

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Gems are expensive but the need for them has gone down a lot. I assume you're an IOS user since you said gems instead of credits. This puts you at a disadvantage because Android users can get gems from other Glu games and use them in HOD. The flip side is that IOS users have less need of gems because they don't loose the progress of the game and have to start over as much.

Here's what I recommend.

1. spend wisely. The two best places to put your gems is into skill points (at least 10 extra per main character), Fel'mor and Cassia. This means don't level up unless you have gems to pay for skills and don't do the team-up mission (at least for Cassia) untel you are ready to buy. Look for a weekend when there is a sale on Fel'mor and combine with a teamup to save 80 or so gems.
    2. scan the free gems list once in a while to see what you can get. play the videos over and over, look for a big paying offer that you're ok with. I got 800 gems for signing up for a Discover card.
  • Options
    kingrobertkingrobert Registered Users 35 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    look for a big paying offer that you're ok with. I got 800 gems for signing up for a Discover card.

I highly do not recommend singing up for credit cards just to get glu credits. Some bonuses in a silly free game on your phone is not worth doing things that actually effect your real life finances. Things like credit cards should be taken a little more seriously than a game.

The offers like gamefly or hulu or vistaprint or things like that are fine (I'm waiting for a netflix offer). But I would not recommend singing up for a credit card. You're better off just buying glu credits from their store.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    kingrobert wrote: »
    Things like credit cards should be taken a little more seriously than a game.
    I agree.
    Perhaps I'm not the typical gamer. My credit is excellent and can handle another CC. Besides I called in and canceled it a few days after it arrived. Makes no sense I know but neither does most of what goes on in this crazy game :)
  • Options
    EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    I agree.
    Perhaps I'm not the typical gamer. My credit is excellent and can handle another CC. Besides I called in and canceled it a few days after it arrived. Makes no sense I know but neither does most of what goes on in this crazy game :)
    Same boat as you. I did the discover offer about 4 months ago it was the added bump I needed to sign up for it after I new I needed it as a backup cc anyway.

Not for everyone so please use financial discretion.