Options

Multiplayer problem - Losing artifacts without being given a chance to defend them

About 7-8 times in the past week I've lost artifacts and not because I failed to defend or didn't defend them in 4 hours. Most of the time I save up my souls so I can complete a collection in 10-20 minutes so I usually don't have to worry about defending artifacts. I'll get the "Your collection has been attacked" message, but when I go into the program I don't see any artifacts I need to defend because they all show that they are "collected", but if I check back 10 minutes or a couple hours later I see that I have to recover not defend them. Last week there were several times when I was actively playing the game got the warning message or heard the sound it makes and had to exit the game because it was frozen or I lost my network connection and just minutes later when I logged back in I had to recover all my artifacts.

Has this happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    BlitzBlitz Registered Users 227 Posts
    I think I figured out how this is happening, but I don't want to post my theory on how it happens because others will learn how to cheat. I noticed that many if not all of the artifacts I've been losing without being given a chance to defend them were to cheaters like Rhoncader. You can spot some cheaters by looking at whomever is at or near the top of the leaderboard on the daily challenge. This game came out on March 1, 2013 therefore anyone who has completed the daily challenge more than 232 times as of today is guilty of cheating since you can't complete the challenge more than once a day. However the daily challenge tracking portion wasn't added till April 5 so the current legitimate maximum is 197. Too bad there's nothing you can do about these cheaters.
  • Options
    This bug is getting ridiculous. Now completed collections aren't even safe. I completed the sword collection and even got a message showing I received the 4500 coin bonus, but later when I logged back in 3 items were showing recover, 1 collected, and 1 still gave me time to defend. Now I have to waste a bunch of souls and my time to earn those lousy 4500 coins again.

I tried wasting 22 gems on the "Upgrade artifact defense time" to see if that would improve anything or reset things back to the way it should work. I was 1 second from getting my second sword artifact when I got the collection attacked message so it took me less than 10 seconds finish that wave and go to the multiplayer screen only to see that I have to recover the artifact I collected less then 2 minutes ago.
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    i think its normal to be attacked after getting a artifact.

Those that attack you are the bots i think

Do you even need those 4500 coins blitz?
  • Options
    I don't need coins, but I do need gems and having to re-earn the coins slows me down from getting gems. I don't mind being attacked by other players, but the game is supposed to give me a chance to defend my artifacts when another player takes an artifact from me and half the time I'm not given the chance to defend it. It doesn't cost any souls to defend an artifact, but when you have to recover it it costs souls. I also keep taking a penalty to my power rating since I've lost 50+ artifacts without being given a chance to defend them.

I'm not being attacked by bots, but whenever I get attacked by a guy named Rhoncader Italypinoy my artficats usually have to be recovered instead of defended. It also happens sometimes with a player named Szguhan who is in the top ten for multiplayer waves completed. I think I've pissed off those players because I attack them more often then they attack me. Whenever I get attacked by a player with a lower defense rating then mine I'm always given a chance to defend. It is just the people with really high defense ratings where I'm not always given the chance to defend an artifact.

Last night I ran into a good bug which sort of compensated me for the artifacts I've unfairly lost. I was doing the daily challenge a second time to get some quick souls and to my surprise it gave me another mystery box even though it showed I had already collected the daily challenge. I was able to collect 12-15 mystery boxes by repeatedly doing the daily challenge before it stopped giving them to me. Unfortunately I didn't get anything good. My best prize was 4 gems, but I earned 25-30 gems while collecting those extra mystery boxes.