Options

Dungeon Keeper *** Mission 4 (hard week)

This week we get the hard/impossible Dungeon Keeper event! I've linked in the old thread with the walkthru here.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?50912-Dungeon-Keeper-event-impossible-again&highlight=impossible

I've been looking forward to this in part because with a mostly maxed out party, this is the only fight left that is challenging. This week I've tried different party configurations to see how they match up to the stack of high-damage monsters. In the past I've always used Felmor + Zdar + Kassia.

Here are some scenario's I tried (all used Tlanac as the healer).

All shooters Kassia, Grazz and Oda
I found this more difficult than when using a tank but I did eventually learn how to win. Part of the problem is simply that I've played this so many times perfecting the strategy with a tank that I'm unsure how to best play. The essential challenge is that there are waves of monsters who can kill in one or two hits and when they chase one hero it is easier. Three shooters makes it hard to get aggro + kiting going.

Felmor + shooters (Grazz & Kassia; Grazz & Oda, Oda & Grazz, Oda & Kassia)
These scenarios easier than with all shooters. I've beaten the mission with each of the combinations (retreating at the very end of the last battle.) The biggest adjustment is getting used to the various strengths of the party I'm using. This is particularly true when I'm trying to work without an Ice Arrow. Bombtastic and/or Sleep does the job but the play is more chaotic.

Comments

• Options
    crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    I've found a use for tanks. Two tanks are easier. Felmor and Narghal. Time the dmg reduction skills well and you should stay fairly safe from one hit kills.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I've found a use for tanks. Two tanks are easier. Felmor and Narghal. Time the dmg reduction skills well and you should stay fairly safe from one hit kills.

I tried it with two tanks and found that they were too slow afoot for the fights in the second room. Too many high-powered monsters which randomly change targets. All the same, this should work if you can ice the Okulo chief. That one seems both more random and more lethal.
  • Options
    crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    I tried it with two tanks and found that they were too slow afoot for the fights in the second room. Too many high-powered monsters which randomly change targets. All the same, this should work if you can ice the Okulo chief. That one seems both more random and more lethal.

They have dmg reduction skills though, so you won't get 1-2 hit kills. An okulo laser zap will usually take out my healer or dd. with the tankers reduction, I can reduce dmg to where no one would die in 1 zap.