Options

Weapons for exotic series gripe

IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
This game is fun. Deer hunter clearly was not generating enough $$$$ so Dino hunter to the rescue. It worked, I bought the 480 gold and some other 4.99 offer, can't recall what it was. With that I got the shotgun, salvo exotic weapon and gold. The exotic weapons are fun but it is RIDICULOUS that you have to buy one for each region and TWO for exotic hunts in region 2 and 3. Of course only available by spending LOTS of gold. Now I have all this saved up gold in deer hunter with nothing to spend it on, and barely any gold in Dino that I would like to use. At first I though the salvo was only good for the measly 10 hunts in the exotic series, but you can use your pricey exotics in contract hunts. My other gripe is Dino hunter freezes and crashes wayyyyyy more than deer hunter. I won't spend any more $$, the newness has worn off, but it was addicting fun for about 24 hours.

Comments

• Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Updates usually fix bugs and this is different to dh2014 with bigger predators hence exotic weapons I like the exotic weapon series and lost world feel of the game given this is a new release give it time as it has a lot of potential to be genuine alternative to dh2014
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Updates usually fix bugs and this is different to dh2014 with bigger predators hence exotic weapons I like the exotic weapon series and lost world feel of the game given this is a new release give it time as it has a lot of potential to be genuine alternative to dh2014
    So true! With this game being so new they will work on getting the bugs and other issues fixed. As for the exotics, I hope the initial price does drop. It's nice to try before you buy, but still they are expensive, but **** fun! Lol. It would be nice if we could get more use out of them other than the contract hunt. :cool:
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    JOC469JOC469 Registered Users 11 Posts
    The one off discounted pricing also seems to need some work. WAY too expensive.
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    So true! With this game being so new they will work on getting the bugs and other issues fixed. As for the exotics, I hope the initial price does drop. It's nice to try before you buy, but still they are expensive, but **** fun! Lol. It would be nice if we could get more use out of them other than the contract hunt. :cool:

I like it the way it is, you basically get a series for each gun, and you dont have the option to equip the required gun as a secondary, so this ensures that you actually use every gun. in DH14 most just buy the guns and never use them

I do think there should be MORE contract hunts in each region though, always been a wish of mine
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Seems strange not the two side by side contract hunts in a region didn't carry over from dh2014 and I agree the single weapon loadout means you have to use the required weapon making it better
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Outside of the initial hunt in each exotic series, I have not been bothering with buying the weapons. Even the discounted prices are too high, and there is not enough gold available in a series to even come close to offsetting the initial cost. They are fun to try and I am glad that they added the "test" feature, but I do not see myself buying them.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »

I do think there should be MORE contract hunts in each region though, always been a wish of mine

Couldn't agree more with that statement. I do wish we could carry two weapons, though. I like to hunt with underpowered stuff sometimes.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    DinoPeterDinoPeter Registered Users 19 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more with that statement. I do wish we could carry two weapons, though. I like to hunt with underpowered stuff sometimes.

The only hunts that require you to have certain upgrade levels on your gun are trophy hunts. For any other hunt, you can use an underpowered weapon if you wish. The only other restriction is that for hunting series hunts, you have to use a gun of the appropriate type. For contract hunts you can use anything.
  • Options
    warook90warook90 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I wish we could move to different cover spots to hunt instead of just moving to one side or the other and exotic is too expensive for only a couple missions have a alternate way to earn it like a lottery or a couldron where u risk 2 of your good weapons to forge the exotic cool ideas have been done in other games that u can incorporate.
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    Seems strange not the two side by side contract hunts in a region didn't carry over from dh2014 and I agree the single weapon loadout means you have to use the required weapon making it better

You don't have to use the suggested weapon in contract hunts. I have been using salvo for every one of them except the kill 6 dron??or whatever they are. No luck with it on that, need the shotgun.