Options

kindle problems

VasporranVasporran Registered Users 4 Posts
Kindle Fire (not HD) struggling with several Glu games. Dino Hunter region 4 unplayable and Contract Killer 2 doesn't even load.

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Did you check for system updates? Maybe your software needs to update, check that out. If you have a update, make sure you have enough power. Or just plug it in, updates can take awhile! 20 minutes was the longest for me.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, but this is a recognised problem on the non HD version of the Kindle Fire. I'm not sure if GLU can fix it. I have also spoken to Amazon about the issue and it may well be a case that the games should be advertised as "HD" only as far as the Kindle App store is concerned. Maybe GLU will prove me wrong, but they haven't came up with a fix yet and the problem has been known since last year. I will wait and see. But certainty some GLU games which are in the Kindle App Store must be issued with a message, as after a very long download, they don't work at all.
  • Options
    I've had a few system updates to my Kindle since first downloading the game and unfortunately they've made no difference to the situation. I think the problem may be in the hardware/software/processing differences between the different Kindle. But if someone comes up with a fix I will be very pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    What kindle version do you have? My son has a kindle and has no problems with dino hunter or DH 2014. Except with the very long wait on updates that are currently available for all other devices, but that's amazons issue!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    I have a Kindle Fire (not HD or HDX) bought about 18 months ago, not sure which generation this makes it? Both the HD and HDX can play DH with no problems. Even if I have the very first edition of the kindle fire, the Amazon store should still be mentioning compatibility issues. Also others have mentioned these problems before, so the issue is not new.