Options

Lost glu credits (aka gold) and the lack of responsible customer care

Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
I recently had some glu credits deleted from my account and submitted a ticket to the customer care team. The ticket and the results speak for themselves, so without naming names, here it is:
9/29/14

Customer Care Team,

I play on a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9

I have been accumulating glu credits (GC) in Dino Hunter. Since 9/26/2014, I have gone to the Tapjoy site and I have made purchases, taken surveys, watched videos, played games, downloaded apps, etc. I went from 73 GC to a high of 334 as of last night. I am currently waiting for more GC to be added to Dino Hunter when some of my recent efforts pay off. You can contact the folks over at Tapjoy to confirm my activity.

This morning when I turned my Kindle on to play, my GC count was down to 64. That is a difference of 261 GC that was taken from my account.

I think I have discovered where your glitch is. Last night after I played Dino Hunter, I went back to Tapjoy to look for one more video to watch, one more quick survey to take, so that I could add to my total. Instead of backing out of the Tapjoy screen and shutting off Dino Hunter, I just closed out Tapjoy back to my main screen and then went to play another simple card game that I have.

This morning, when I turned on Dino Hunter, my screen went directly back to the Tapjoy page. I backed out of it and then turn on Dino Hunter again. That is when I discovered the missing GC.

Please look into this and return 261 GC to my accounts. I was going to buy my first Exotic gun with it. I even started a thread in the Glu Dino Hunter forum, asking other members if the Loadstar was the Exotic to buy.

Thanks,

Roland Deschain

9/29/14

Greetings from Glu Mobile Customer Care!

Thank you for writing to us. We want to assure you that your message has been received. Our volume is quite high recently and depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of our Support Team will contact you within 5 business days.

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,
Glu Mobile Customer Care

10/15/14

Hello, and thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care.

Unfortunately we do not have access to accounts on Kindle devices so we cannot investigate to see where your credits went. If you have purchased the missing credits, it would be best to contact Amazon and request a refund. We understand this is frustrating and apologize we do not have a better solution for you.

Regards,

[name not used]

10/16/14

I cannot accept this answer. It is a canned reply, apparently sent to all Kindle users that have issues with lost credits. It really does not relate to my message below.

I DID NOT PURCHASE ANY OF THE MISSING CREDITS!!!

I explained below what happened. I earned the credits using your partner, Tapjoy. I amassed enough to actually use, but never bought anything. There is no wallet with Kindle, so I could not spend them elsewhere. The total decreased by 261. Surely you have enough control over your game so that you can see these few things.

It is of no cost to you, so I don't see why you won't just do the right thing and replace my 261 credits. That would be a better solution for me.

Just do it.

10/19/14

Thank you for your reply.

We do not have any gifting tools to add the missing currency in your Amazon account. We are extremely sorry for the troubles.

Regards,

[name not used]

I do not see the personal touch here. It looks like they don't really read the ticket and have a system of canned replies that address lost credits for Kindle users, but do not address the specific issues mentioned in the tickets.

Has anyone had lost or deleted glu credits returned to them by glu? I seem to recall that some folks have and I hope that you can post your experiences and circumstances on this thread.

BTW, I am just finishing up a project that has taken me away from home since June. I have been working long hours towards the end to tie up the loose ends. Next week, I will be spending some time using mayday to Amazon in order to alert them to this issue. Maybe they can put some pressure on the folks at glu.

Roland Deschain
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    FYI the customer care tickets we send are read by "temps" not actual employees of Glu. I've responded to your thread in Dino discussion Roland, please read, thanks~T.F
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    TodFoxx,

I read your other post. I think I got the Kindle update the other day. It made my Kindle feel different, with how it opens and closes programs, you have to swipe from the right side instead of just pressing over there. There is also a full screen mode (or wording similar to that). I got my Kindle between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year, so it's not all that old.

I do plan to contact Amazon about my issues with glu games, once I get home later today, then the next day, and then the day after that, and I will continue to do that until I get some kind of satisfaction.

Also, the new Kindle software update caused one of my favorite games to stop working. It is just a simple bid whist game, so I may uninstall it and reinstall it before I go all Mayday on it.

How did you like the new Kindle update? Did it mess up any of your other stuff?

RD
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I did not update it yet, and won't until it's been out for a good month. I like it just they way it is, no need to rock the boat! Ive been on a rocking boat all week, can't wait to get off this island! It is beautiful though.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    TodFoxx,

I didn't update it either, it just did it by itself. I just turned it on and it was different. That has a high buck with an "s" factor!!