Options

Disappointing players

Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
Ian Desmond SS 5* 5/8/9... UGH! Terrible .BAA, even in Sim Games he's going 0-4, 1-5 tops. I have a 4* switch hitting Jimmy Rollins, 4/6/9, who's twice the player.

Comments

• Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    Ian Desmond SS 5* 5/8/9... UGH! Terrible .BAA, even in Sim Games he's going 0-4, 1-5 tops. I have a 4* switch hitting Jimmy Rollins, 4/6/9, who's twice the player.

To me, hitting > power >> speed. Ian is a five star mostly because of his power and speed. And he's probably being put at the top of lineup due to his speed. But I wouldn't be comfortable putting him at top 2. His hitting is just too low.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Plus, Desmond is a right hand hitter. The majority of pitchers are right handed, where Desmond is not going to hit for a high average. (Especially being a 5 hitter) Rollins being a switch hitter is batting at the advantageous side every at bat.
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Nobody else has disappointing players?
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Had many. Pierce 1st baseman was for a while. Chase ugly was solid until the update. At the time L James Paxton. He was one if my first five star starters. His era was above 5 Later traded him away. Saw he was downgraded to a 4.5. But still. I was excited when I got him. Coco crisp too. Was 6/7/9. But never hit above .220. Traded him away now his stats are lower. It's as if they knew who was on their way down rating wise.
  • Options
    TatimusTatimus Registered Users 40 Posts
    For me Giancarlo Stanton 7/9/5 has been my most disappointing player. He's batting around.230 and he only hits homers at a 26 per AB rate. If his home run rate was closer to 20 I might over look the terrible BA. I think he was 6/9/5 before the update and I understood the low BA. I thought the 7 hitting and moving up to 5 stars would help but no luck so far.