Options

Some suggestions for the new legend playoff-defense

jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
[Defense part]
The new legend team rearranges their lineup because some of the players like H.Rami, P.Goldschimidt’s attribute has been decreased a lot. There will be no 9/7/7 like predators after the recent upgrade. Following this trend, we can clearly see that GLU tries to categorize batters into POWER and SPEED. You can see some of the player’s attribute like Jose Altevue who has attribute 9/2/9 or Tulowitzki’s attribute 9/9/2.

Below is the new legend team line up snapshot. It seems that GLU decide to use hitters with BIG power attribute. Their 3,4,5 hitter has an average power of 8. M.Trout’s power is 9 and McCutchen is 7.

1_zps4a9829a1.png

It is very hard to say that your pitcher can survive after facing such lineup but we can notice that 7 of them are right hitters. Based on my simulation result, the BA of RH vs RP is nearly 0.27 but the BA of RH vs LP is nearly 0.32. Since we all use simulation for our defense, RP/LP starter could make a big difference for the legend playoff.

I prefer to use RP for every legend game. If the RP starter can lock down the legend team for 3 innings, I can have a chance to win.

The RP’s STF attribute is my reference to decide who should engage the legend team. My observation is that if RP’s STF is 8, usually he can hold legend team below 3~5 points before the third inning. If STF is 9, the RP can hold the legned with the same points above but with more innings.

You can’t expect that legend batters will be totally locked down but you can use some team strategies to decrease their scoring ability. I adjust my team strategy like below picture.
After changing the strategies, I observe that the legend team’s average score down from 8 to 5. The massive scoring inning can still happen but the scoring ability decreased in average.

2_zpsa7974144.png

The relievers are also important for the legend playoff. I use the same rule to pick my starters and relievers during legend playoff. The RH relievers who has STF 8 or 9 will let legned team scores only one or none for the next comming 7th,8th,9th inning. If the RH relievers performs well, I will use energy bar to let him go for an extra inning.

In a short summary for the defense,
1. Choose RP who has the highest STF for your starer and reliever
2. Adjust your team strategy
3. Use engery bars for the pitcher who really pitches well.

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Again great analysis. I agree that RP are the way to go against the legends. I have the best lefty in Kershaw and has only had one decent game against them. I usually use an ice pack there and skip his spot in the rotation. Thanks for the info!