Options

problems with purchased coins from Glu

EngagingDapperEyrieEngagingDapperEyrie Registered Users 11 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with coins purchased from Glu? I purchased, and lost, 1,300 gems from Glu through Amazon for my Kindle. Amazon said they could not do much since it was not their product but issued me a partial credit anyway. Glu took nearly twice as long as the promised to get back with me to let me know that they were unable to do anything since they did not have access to Amazon account information. Be VERY wary of purchasing Glu items from Amazon.

Comments

• Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    I've actually had good luck when dealing with Amazon about lost glu credits. They gave me a full refund even though it was not their fault that the credits went missing in the first place.

glu will NEVER accept responsibility for anything. Actually, glu has outsourced customer care and doesn't keep track of their misdoings. There doesn't seem to be any communications between the app developers and the customer care people. In the long run, that will prove to be a poor business model.

There is a serious glitch with these games when you play them on a Kindle. You have to take great care how you exit out of the game. You cannot just shut the cover, that is a recipe for disaster. When you do that, sometimes your credits go missing. In Deerhunter2014, your credits get reset to 1. In DinoHunter, they get reset to 64. I cannot explain the difference, but I noticed the trend, at least with my Kindle.

You have to press "BACK" (in the upper left hand corner) until you get to the page with the game title on it. Then you have to swipe the right side and pick the arrow that brings up the message, "Would you like to exit?". Press "YES" to exit. I have never lost any credits when I exited the game in that way.

This has been going on for over six months. I see occasional reports in this forum of missing credits on Kindle, yet they always use the excuse you mentioned as a reason for doing nothing about it.

All I can say is do not sit on unspent glu credits in this game. If you can buy something, you should do so. If you wait, you will find them missing and you will get no satisfaction from customer care.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Never sit on gold! What is the point of saving them? A down payment on a car? Buy what you need and get it! Or play for free. A little boring, but still fun.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Has anyone else had problems with coins purchased from Glu?

Yes indeed. Especially those of us playing on Kindle. My problem seems to be exactly like Rolands, down to the number of credits (aka "gold") left on each of the 2 hunter games after credits disappear. I also play Frontline Commando 2 and lose credits pretty much the same way. One glu game,Contract Killer 2, has never had any problems with the credit balance. It's strange because CK2 is one of the few titles that doesn't share credits with other glu games on Android, not to mention that the credits in that game are dirt cheap in comparison to the price for credits in most glu games.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    With games on kindle, you should always completely close out the game! I just would like for iPad to do that. I never get the prompt "are you sure you want to exit?" I have to hard close it, pressing home button twice, then swipe it up. It shuts it down but there should be a way to exit the game. Pros and cons to every device!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    EngagingDapperEyrieEngagingDapperEyrie Registered Users 11 Posts
    My thinking was along the lines of "here is something I want now, surely something else will come along later I will want." So, I purchased extra coins. All that ended up getting me was supremely f@$#ed to the tune of about $30.
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    I wonder why, when multiple people are talking about a similar problem we are having on Kindle, we never get a moderator to post something like, "Thanks for the info, I will pass it on to the programmers".

The facebook folks, android users and others I cannot remember have mods step in to ask specific questions, but never for the Kindle users.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad