Options

Bunting

Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
I wish bunting was a bit more effective especially for the 9 bunting guys. General tips for Bunting?

1st and 2nd 0 outs, my 9 bunting guy bunted a perfect strike pop up, on a 2-0 count. Being that patient with a great bunter not paying off was frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    If u have a 9 blunter it should be quite easy. There is a previous post that may help you regarding bunting. But generally, bunt early and often. Start the bunt as the pitcher begins his windup. If for any reason it says "infield in" then NEVER bunt. If you have a 9 bunt and probably a high speed guy too, if you are bunting properly, then 65% should be a successful sacrifice with the hunter being thrown out. 15% in my opinion ends up in a hit all runners advance. The last 20% either bunts to the pitcher and the advancing runner is thrown out or a pop up. Anything lower then a 9 then the odds change a lot. I have a 9/2/9 lead off hitter, that gets on .350. If I bunt the next guy a 9/1/9 with a 9 bunt I'd say I at least advance the runner 80-90% of the time. Now 1 out and your best hitter gives you great odds to get that 1-0 lead. Hope this helps.