Options

taking a run at all players

chaingang28chaingang28 Registered Users 17 Posts
I am deciding if i shuld start drafting all the players. I have 13 first round picks, 63 second round picks, 40 lateround, 5500 gold, and 925000 cash.. shoul i go for it or wait ??
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I'd wait and accumulate more draft picks
  • Options
    chaingang28chaingang28 Registered Users 17 Posts
    Do u think im gona need more gold nd cash. And abt how much?
  • Options
    Monkey ChickensMonkey Chickens Registered Users 9 Posts
    The cash I estimate to be between 2-2.5 million and the gold 9300-10000. I'm working on the same thing. Saving it all up and gonna do it at one time so I don't bog my game down with a ton of inactives. #s will fluctuate based on the number and level of picks you get while you're saving up obviously.
  • Options
    BTW I'm basing the gold amount on buying the first rounders during a sale when they are 75
  • Options
    atimmons01atimmons01 Registered Users 20 Posts
    I did it. You need just under 2 million cash to take out all of the late rounders and 2nd rounders. Then there are about 110 4.5-5 star players.
  • Options
    atimmons01atimmons01 Registered Users 20 Posts
    It takes 770 late rounders and 240 second round picks to get to 4.5 star players.
  • Options
    TatimusTatimus Registered Users 40 Posts
    How much gold will it cost to finish off the 4.5 and 5 stars?
  • Options
    Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
    I count 70 5-star and 60 4.5-star players on my list. List not complete yet, but close. There are 1342 players in MLB, I assume the majority are in the game.
  • Options
    Slickr4Slickr4 Registered Users 19 Posts
    Did this once, and got screwed by the bench aspect. The game became so slow I could not replace the players I wanted on my bench so I lost Altuve and a couple other 5 stars I would have rather had than Pence and Puig. But, in the end, with this strategy, I got Harrison, Tulo, Jose Abreu, Trout, Cano, and a few others. It takes like 6 weeks, but man is it worth it.
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Just did this yesterday. Have replaced 75% of roster with mostly 5's. Got to the point though where I can't draft any more picks, just spins. Even can't buy any boosts. Lucky, my last two picks before it started doing this were Tullo and Posey.
    There were a couple relievers I wanted to keep, but can't load them to swap.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about taking a run at all of the players but I'm hesitant BC I don't want to get to the point where I'm finally getting the players I want but the game is too bogged down to put them in my lineup. Does anyone have any success stories? I'm planning to do it all at once.
  • Options
    Well I spent the good part of the day today using blue cash to get all the players 4 stars and lower. When I tried to start purchasing the 4.5 and 5 stars the game, it just loads and loads and loads. I didn't have any problems getting the other players. Is this just Glu's way of making sure we don't get all the players or should I keep trying??
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Tatimus, You might check to make sure you are still logged in to Facebook. I was having the same problem and discovered it had logged my out. I logged back in and was able to draft.
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Man I'm really close to doing this as well. Finally above 1 Million $, and with 50 2nd round draft picks saved up that's another 200k. Will do it one bored day over the Christmas Holidays, they'll put draft picks back on sale and I'll see how I make out. Sure would hate to lose Altuve because I couldn't swap him out? That's crazy, but I suppose if they're adding 5* guys to your cut list, you've done well.
  • Options
    I'm telling you guys, unless they fix the game it is impossible to get all the players. I had quite a few 4.5 and 5 star players before I started this yesterday. As soon as I got around 1050 players the game really bogged down. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes to load the game when I open it and another 3 to 5 mins between innings. If I try to buy a first round draft pick the loading circle on the draft screen just spins endlessly. I've tried it on my phone and iPad which are both connected to Facebook.
    The problem I face now is the fact that I have a lot of players on my inactive list that I don't want to buy all over again in order to get the rest of the players that I want. So I have to make a decision to trade in all those players to make the game playable again or leave it alone and put up with the horrible lag. On top of all that, I can't get any more draft picks so my team is stuck where it's at. This b***s
  • Options
    I won't be playing the game when I do it. It's a ALL IN start the ap once, 1 time draft, get "as many" players as possible (not all), load my team as I'm assuming this approach nets me several 5* players for under 10 Grand in gold. Then trade them all in immediately to speed me back up with a sweet team. That however is a good plan on paper, I'm not certain it will work. And if the draft wheel only spins without producing a player, that will screw me.

I'm NOT connected to Facebook. Wonder if that will help or hurt in anyway.

I'll post my team before and after as well as how it goes. If anyone else does it before now and what I'm assuming will be a Christmas or boxing day draft pick sales, keep posting positives / negatives.

- IF you can't get more draft picks that's horrible. Hoping it's just a glitch that you experience.
  • Options
    redbirdredbird Registered Users 39 Posts
    will you also keep track of what you spend as far as cash/picks and gold. Looking forward to it for sure.
  • Options
    QLDorigin wrote: »
    Tatimus, You might check to make sure you are still logged in to Facebook. I was having the same problem and discovered it had logged my out. I logged back in and was able to draft.

Ok I checked Facebook again and it did log me out again. Once I logged back in I was able to buy some drafts. Switching out players might be next to impossible at this point. Everything takes about 3 mins to load if it doesn't crash first.
    I started off with about 350 inactives yesterday and I spent about 1 mil cash to get all of the 4 star players and below. The game started really slowing down as I approached 1000 inactives but I've heard complaints from others at around 800. The game is pretty much unplayable at this point for me.
  • Options
    redbirdredbird Registered Users 39 Posts
    Tatimus wrote: »
    Ok I checked Facebook again and it did log me out again. Once I logged back in I was able to buy some drafts. Switching out players might be next to impossible at this point. Everything takes about 3 mins to load if it doesn't crash first.
    I started off with about 350 inactives yesterday and I spent about 1 mil cash to get all of the 4 star players and below. The game started really slowing down as I approached 1000 inactives but I've heard complaints from others at around 800. The game is pretty much unplayable at this point for me.

So how much gold and cash do you think it will take you in all to get everyone?
  • Options
    I can finish off the 4.5 and 5 stars with first round draft picks. With the sale price of 75 per pick it was going to cost me about 9700 gold to finish off everyone. It took me a lot less cash than I originally thought to knock out the 4 stars and below. If you start with zero inactives then it will be close to 2 mil cash. I started with 350 inactives and most of them were decent players probably 3 star and higher. It took me about 1 mil cash to get all the 4 stars and lower.
  • Options
    WambulanceWambulance Registered Users 9 Posts
    I had the same issues as Tatimus. Once I got to 1,000 players, it took about 3 minutes of load time to launch the game, and also took about 3mins of load time between every half inning played. The game also crashed frequently, and made editing the roster impossible. At a little over 1,000 players, I said "**** it" to myself and traded them all in. I ended up wasting all that cash and not getting done with the 2nd round picks. I just couldn't take the lag anymore.
  • Options
    Final update.....I made it up to 1150 inactives but I believe I got everyone in the game. I certainly improved my team, especially my bullpen. My only true complaint is the fact that there is no possible way to sub anyone in or out once you are done. I lost Jose Fernandez, Adrian Beltre and Victor Martinez through the process. You end up having to stick with whatever players the computer feels are superior. It saved Strasburg over Fernandez which I don't know if I agree with yet. It also replaces LR with a SR based on stats alone. I ended up keeping Altuve bc I already had Cano and Scooter on the inactive roster. The computer kept Goldschmidt over V Mart which I didn't like either. Thank you to Maida for pointing out the Facebook problem. It was logging me out of Facebook every time the app crashed. I had to log back in before I could make any purchases.
    Overall I would say if you don't have any inactives and a mediocre team it will take roughly 2 million in blue cash and probably around 150 to 200 real cash to complete this. It cost me less bc I already had quite a few 5 star players to start with.
    So, I take back what I said earlier. It is possible to get everyone in the game but you won't be able to sub, it takes about half a day of drafting non stop and the game will crash so many times and take so long to load that you will want throw your device straight through your television.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    The auto replacement seems to exchange batters depends on POWER and exchange pitchers depends on CONTROL.
    I guess G.Perkins,S.Doolittle,M.Melancon will be in your bullpen after you get all the relievers.

The game will be pretty slow because the APP will retrieve your rosters list from server every time you view/arrange your team lineup.
    That is a huge database if you have more than 1000 players.
  • Options
    MackDaddyMikeMackDaddyMike Registered Users 45 Posts
    Tatimus wrote: »
    Final update.....I made it up to 1150 inactives but I believe I got everyone in the game. I certainly improved my team, especially my bullpen. My only true complaint is the fact that there is no possible way to sub anyone in or out once you are done. I lost Jose Fernandez, Adrian Beltre and Victor Martinez through the process. You end up having to stick with whatever players the computer feels are superior. It saved Strasburg over Fernandez which I don't know if I agree with yet. It also replaces LR with a SR based on stats alone. I ended up keeping Altuve bc I already had Cano and Scooter on the inactive roster. The computer kept Goldschmidt over V Mart which I didn't like either. Thank you to Maida for pointing out the Facebook problem. It was logging me out of Facebook every time the app crashed. I had to log back in before I could make any purchases.
    Overall I would say if you don't have any inactives and a mediocre team it will take roughly 2 million in blue cash and probably around 150 to 200 real cash to complete this. It cost me less bc I already had quite a few 5 star players to start with.
    So, I take back what I said earlier. It is possible to get everyone in the game but you won't be able to sub, it takes about half a day of drafting non stop and the game will crash so many times and take so long to load that you will want throw your device straight through your television.

What device were you using? iPad? iPhone 4/5/6? Android?
  • Options
    What device were you using? iPad? iPhone 4/5/6? Android?

I used an iPhone 5s
  • Options
    I'm getting excited for the next draft pick sale!

I don't have my phone synched to google or facebook.

I'll be using a HTC One

Can someone tell my what benefit connecting with Facebook or Google + has? Is it ONLY so I can play my game, my team, on multiple devices?
  • Options
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    I'm getting excited for the next draft pick sale!

I don't have my phone synched to google or facebook.

I'll be using a HTC One

Can someone tell my what benefit connecting with Facebook or Google + has? Is it ONLY so I can play my game, my team, on multiple devices?

The one thing that I can think of is linking your team to a new device if you change phones or something.
  • Options
    I'm stuck!!! I have 1001 inactives and can't buy my 4.5-5 star 1st rounders. I deleted my Facebook page over a year ago so I was logged in with my email. It logged me out and when I go back to log in it crashes. I have rebooted my phone with the same result. I have connected via my cell network (lte) and I have connected via wireless network with an excellent signal...no luck. The game takes 3-5 minutes to open. I click on store but it crashes when I try to buy a 1st rounder. I can click on late rounder or 2nd rounders and it tells me there are no more available, no problem but it crashes if I try to buy my 1st rounders. Any advice???
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I'm stuck!!! I have 1001 inactives and can't buy my 4.5-5 star 1st rounders. I deleted my Facebook page over a year ago so I was logged in with my email. It logged me out and when I go back to log in it crashes. I have rebooted my phone with the same result. I have connected via my cell network (lte) and I have connected via wireless network with an excellent signal...no luck. The game takes 3-5 minutes to open. I click on store but it crashes when I try to buy a 1st rounder. I can click on late rounder or 2nd rounders and it tells me there are no more available, no problem but it crashes if I try to buy my 1st rounders. Any advice???

This is some unknown overflow problem in this APP. I think some ppl in the forum have the same problem as yours.
    You can try position draft to see if this APP still keeps crashing.
    Please be aware that your money/gold will still be consumed under such condition.

Do u use google+ to login instead of facebook?
  • Options
    I got back in. I had to click to login using Facebook then cancel to get completely logged out and login with my email. Despite everything I read and my research I have run out of gold and still am missing 3-5 players I was targeting to eventually be on my team. Gonna have to decide on whether I can deal with the lag and crashing while I accumulate more.