Options

500 games in report

Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
I am now 500 games in, and thought it would be a good time to post an update on my experiences. Certainly I am not as much an expert as many, but perhaps it helps some newbies out. I also have a couple of questions perhaps those more experienced than me can comment on.

1) For those who think you have to spend a ton of money to be successful, I have spend a grand total of $0, not even the small amount to get rid of ads. Maybe I have been just plain lucky in the draft but I feel I have assembled a decent team, without any of the banking gold and cash plans (although I wish I had been that smart). Record 396-104, average hitter 4 stars 7/4/4, average starting pitcher 4 stars 5/7/7, average reliever 3 stars 7/4/8. Best advice, play every day for the 30 day #1 draft pick bonus

2) It is frustrating that the game makers continue to update the game software without the decency to tell us what is exactly changing. Of course, everyone has to deal with the same results so at least it is relatively evenly distributed. The worst was the end of the year change in player stats. Of course I gained a bit in hitting and lost a ton in pitching so it was fairly even to me. Regardless, when you think you've got everything figured out it changes, but it changes for everyone. Best advice, relax, it will change again.

3) I still haven't figured out the algorithms of the game. Some have indicated the pitches you get are predetermined, based on the time the game froze and they had to replay the inning and got the exact same pitches. What I do know is that when you play the same pitcher a number of times it appears the stats are very similar. Example I faced Chris Archer 3.5/5/6/6 twice about a month apart. Same lineup. Results game 1 6 innings, 1 run, 7 hits, 1 strike out 1 base on *****. Second time 6 innings, 1 run, 6 hits, 0 strikes, 1 BB. I have about 20 other pitchers, some I have seen 5-6 times and the results always seem similar. I certainly hope the game algorithm has more randomness than this.

4) The device you play on has a HUGE impact on your playing experience and results. I happen to have 2 phones because of my job and the best results are on the Galaxy 5. My smaller droid makes it more difficult because of the time it takes to decide to swing or not. Also, on a larger device like my tablet the graphics cannot keep up. The worst is the occasional "strobe" effect that happens at random times. Cannot hit a darn thing when that happens. Best to just exit and come back later to play because it always seems to go away.

5) I am about 80% complete making a database of all the players. Mainly missing the lower players because I didn't start keeping track until I moved up in levels. When its ~ 90% done I will post somewhere. So, if you have stats for some of the players 2 stars and below, post them so I can finish quicker. LOL

Thoughts:
I play better against the humans than the computers. I wonder why?

I wonder if they will ever allow us to setup our own leagues? I think it would be awesome to have a league that is limited to average stats, i.e. 4 stars where you can have 5 star players as long as the average of hitters is 4.0 or less.

I wish they would let you buy a complete Major League team, ie all the players.

Finally, I am not a huge baseball fan (I know, funny, right?). I enjoy the game because I am a stats-head and I spend a lot of time traveling, waiting on meetings etc and this is the perfect time waster. Even though a lot of people complain, I certainly enjoy the game and hope they continue to improve it.

Comments

• Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Great recap!
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Good report!!!

Frankly speaking, computer is harder than human player. We can be defeated by buggy curve ball/ grenade like 12-6 curve, moving fast ball which will not happen a lot in real baseball game...etc.
    Those kind of ball only works for human players but not computer. Computer only looks at the stats and roll a dice to determine what the result is.