Options

Danny Santana

jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
I have some franchise coins and use Satana as my franchise player in legend playoff.
His performance is like V.Mart.
After 5 games, his BA for RHP is 0.41 and 0.38 for LHP.
Does anyone have him? How about his performance in your team?

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    You dare to compare him to V.Mart?? Kidding. I think when u use a franchise coin the player performed very well. I had coins to burn so I bought Posey for 10 games. He was hitting close to .450. I don't have Santana, so I cannot tell you. But. In a 500 AB sample size I'm sure he comes back down to earth. What side hitter is he and his star numbers?
  • Options
    He is a switch hitter like V.Mart with stats 9/3/9.
    I have a deep impression about him in real MLB game though this year is just his first year in the league.
    It is weird to me that GLU arrangeS him as the SS because he is an OF in MLB.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    You know something Jemic, you are right! I don't have him on my team, and never gave him much thought. He did play CF for the Twins last season. I believe he played SS too, but the bulk of his play for Minnesota was the OF. I didn't know his ratings were that high. I like his hitting attribute and speed are both 9. Basically, every time he would get on base, it's a pretty sure thing he steals second at least 90% of the time. If I can get him somehow, I'll definitely keep him.
  • Options
    Well that explains it. A 9 hit as a switch hitter is about the best thing you can get. Only Vicor and Santana have that. If you get him you are golden. Depending on ur upgrades he would probably hit around.380. And he can steal. Victor cannot. But he does hit HR at close to 1 every 17 AB.
  • Options
    Battered UpBattered Up Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have Posey on my team. His BA hovers right around .400. He was batting .420 in his first 100-200 ABs. He now has 849 ABs and is at .397. :) I also have Adrian Beltre. He has only 86 ABs now, but his BA is .442. He started out batting .500 in the first 25 ABs and has been in steady decline. lol
  • Options
    ProjProj Registered Users 6 Posts
    Santana is hitting .385 for me in just under 3000 ABs.
  • Options
    Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
    I have both. V mart is .415 in 1500ab, santana is .426 in 800. Vmart always bats ahead of santana, I wonder if the pictures get tired with each batter or just with each inning?
  • Options
    Thanks for all the response. The long term performance of Danny looks great.
    I will do anything to get him.:)
  • Options
    I got lucky and just drafted Santana. Not sure what to do with him. Have Tulo at short and Victor at DH. Guess he's on the bench. What a good get. Wish I could trade him to someone for a prime reliever. Wishing he was an outfielder on this game. Have a spot there.
  • Options
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    I got lucky and just drafted Santana.

Good job bro.
    I know you have J.Altuve. I strongly suggest you replace Troy with D.Santana when you play the legend playoff against C.kershaw, M.Bungarner, C.Sale.

These two guys are really crazy dogs. None of the three Lefties starter can hold more than 4 innings.
    Not only their BA is high, their base stealing is good. Usually a 1B becomes a 2B after they get on base.

I have done some experiment with my old lineup and new lineup which have this two guys. The average scoring ability seems to increase a lot when they are both on my team and be my first and second batter.

They really help me to string multiple hits in one inning and the worst thing to Legend lefties is that after them is V.Mart and J.Abreu. LOL
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Why is he 9 for hitting? Seems like a stretch
  • Options
    Sounds like a good idea jemic. If only he was an outfielder I could move Revere L 9/1/9 to the bench and start Santana. Even though Revere is hitting .390. I seem to draft hitters well, but when it comes to pitchers, especially relievers, my luck is not so good. Other people I know draft pitching better and rarely get five star position players. Odd...
  • Options
    C'mon Amused!!! The guy is 10 points short of batting .400 for you, and he is destined for the bench? I guess the grass always looks greener. LOL
  • Options
    Lawman, Well they have him classified as a shortstop so I cannot switch him to the outfield anyway. haha sorry, I guess my bench problems are not that big of a deal given who I have. Just hate to see a 939 switch hitter sit on the bench with so much hitting potential. But removing Tulo or Victor just doesn't add up. I may switch Tulo out like jemic suggested against the Legends or a spot start here and there. Unless Glu switches his position to outfield which the internet shows he played more then shortstop...
  • Options
    I also have Tulowitzki and v. Martinez. I would not swap either of them out of my starting lineup. They currently hit .403 and .407 respectively. Both have way better power than Santana. Now, if they switched him to outfield ...
  • Options
    That's what I'm saying!! Until then I have my go to guy in a pinch hitter/runner role.
  • Options
    TWWTWW Registered Users 74 Posts
    I have him hitting .426 in 1700 AB. I drafted him before the update when he was 7/2/7 or something, lucky me when he turned into 9/3/9. Not sure why he is an SS at the moment but it sounds like the Twins are going to play him there next year so his position will be correct.
  • Options
    TWW wrote: »
    I have him hitting .426 in 1700 AB. I drafted him before the update when he was 7/2/7 or something, lucky me when he turned into 9/3/9. Not sure why he is an SS at the moment but it sounds like the Twins are going to play him there next year so his position will be correct.

Ssshhhhh.... I sent Glu an email stating my case that he is an outfielder. He had more plate appearances there and Twins just traded for Tulowinski, so they will need Santana in the outfield. :)
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Where did you hear the twins traded for Tulo?