Options

Your opinion please: rank the upgrades

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
I don't know the full range, but I'd put base coach last, and outfield hands (usually a two-base error) higher than infield hands (usually a one-base error).

Comments

• Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    I personally have noticed the biggest difference with the hitting/training upgrades. From upgrade 6-8 I have gone from about .285 to now over .315 in batting average. Getting 10+ runs and 15+ hits is more common than not.

I have upgraded to level 9 on both infield/outfield hands and in the 150 games or so since I fully upgraded I have had a 13 fewer errors than my opponents.

I must say I've beaten legend playoff once so I'm facing better pitchers now than I was in my first 400+ games. So the spike in average is much harder to obtain. I am also facing opponents with lesser upgrades in fielding about 90-95% of the time so the difference in errors seems very minimal.

I am giving up less runs a game, but still can't say if that is attributed to less errors or higher pitching upgrades
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    My opinion in upgrades importance

1. Hitting coach
    2. Pitching coach
    3. Trainer
    4. Pitch calling
    5. Base coach
    6. Infield hands
    7. Outfield hands
    8. Catcher Arm
    9. Outfield Arms
  • Options
    Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    While we're on the topic, can someone explain to me the percentages under each upgrade? Like under hitting coach it says that you get 1.2% more hits per upgrade level, but that seems really low to me. I think I read on here that it was explained in a previous thread, but I haven't been able to find it. Thanks
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Pitching Coach & Pitch Calling IMHO are the most important, because defense is the one aspect of the game you can't control.
    Hitting Coach and Trainer
    Infield & Outfield Hands
    Base Coach
    Catcher Arm
    Outfield Arms
  • Options
    StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    I don't understand how the "base coach" works. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Base coaches allow your runner to take the extra base like going 1st to 3rd on a single or scoring from second on a base hit. It also factors into when you are given the option to send the runner or not to third or home. The 3 factors that effect that are base coach upgrade level, outfield arm upgrade level and runners speed rating.