Options

Who will be named as a Legends Player for 2015?

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
Ok folks, make a prediction or two, as to what players have a chance to move up in their ratings to become a Legend.

I'm going with two Reds players: Joey Votto - when healthy one of the best hitters in baseball, can also hit for power. My second is Marlon Byrd. He just was traded by the Phillies to the Reds, and will now get to bat in Great American Ballpark, which is very hitter friendly.

Comments

• Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Votto is a decent option. If he's healthy I could see him back to .320 with 25-30 home runs again. That should put him close to legend status in this game, maybe like 8/7/2? I'd love it, since I've had him at 1B for a few weeks now and with his 7/5/2 stats he's at .330 / 21 hr / 125 rbi for me in 165 games.

Drew Smyly is pretty solid in this game and I could see him getting bumped up to 4.5 or 5 stars next season. He strikes a lot of guys out and has had a really solid ERA since he was traded to Tampa.

I could see Adam Laroche having a huge year and a big upgrade in this game too. Now that he's on the white sox, he could easily end up hitting 35 homers with that hitter friendly home stadium. Just depends how high he kees his average.
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    I think Matt Cain is a good bet. His injury wasn't severe and he should be back to normal. Could have a great year.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Ok folks, make a prediction or two, as to what players have a chance to move up in their ratings to become a Legend.

I'm going with two Reds players: Joey Votto - when healthy one of the best hitters in baseball, can also hit for power. My second is Marlon Byrd. He just was traded by the Phillies to the Reds, and will now get to bat in Great American Ballpark, which is very hitter friendly.

I bet you're a Red's fan...
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Why yes I am a Reds fan. Have been for 45 years. I was miffed they traded Latos and Simon, but I'm a fan regardless of record.
    I think the Adam LaRouche prediction is a real good one.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Being from Chicago I would say Lester going to the National League will help him. He's already a 5 star but could make Legends rotation. But they have too many lefties. So maybe not. I think more about who may be heading down. There are some big name players in this game entering their Sophmore season. Kluber, Degrom, and Abreu to name a few. Should be interesting if the league adjusts to them.