Options

Is my team good enough to take on the legends

SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
I feel like I have a pretty good team, and I'm currently just 30 wins away from being able to take on the legends. My roster is...

C Lucroy R 8 4 4 4.5*
1B Mauer L 8 2 2 4*
2B Kinsler R 7 4 6 4*
3B Sandoval B 7 5 1 4*
SS Reyes B 7 3 9 4*
OF Blackmon L 7 5 9 4.5*
OF Calhoun L 7 6 4 4.5*
OF yelich L 8 3 7 4.5*
DH Molina R 8 4 2 4.5*
or
DH Holliday R 7 6 3 4.5*

SP Jacob Degrom R 7 6 8 5*
SP Homer Bailey R 6 6 7 4*
SP Doug Fister R 3 9 7 4.5*
SP Andrew Cashner R 4 7 8 4.5*
SP Francisco Liriano L 8 2 7 4*
or
SP Cliff Lee L 6 9 6 4.5*
SP Jose Quintana L 6 6 7 4*

RP Tony Watson L 6 9 9 5*
RP Dana Eveland L 7 7 7 4*
RP Addison Reed R 8 6 7 4*
RP Aaron Barrett R 9 1 8 3.5*
RP Andrew Miller L 9 3 9 4.5*

I really do not have weak spot in my lineup. Everyone is hitting above .310 at least. I just wish I had a real stud position player other than a catcher. I do have 13 franchise coins so I could utilize them. I am more worried about my rotation and bullpen. I do not want to send them out there to get shelled! I'm just curious to see if I can take them on.

Comments

• Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    You have a very nice team. Everyone is hitting 7 or better, which is the kind of team I like!

If there is concern, there is too many L in your lineup which may struggle against the first three SP.

You SP and bullpen is decent. Remember no matter who you put out there, Legends can and will score tons of runs in one inning. You just have to hope they don't do that for every inning.

I would ice pack Degrom over and over against Legends. Other SPs are just too vulnerable.

You bullpen also has too many L. Remember Legends has a lineup full of right handed power hitters.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I agree with everything solermen says. Degrom really is the only starter that will give you a decent shot. And yes you have too many lefties in the bullpen for legends. Your hitting looks good, but remember you are probably going to have to put up 8 runs or more to win these games. Not sure where your upgrade levels are at. If at least 7 in hitting and pitching, you should be ok. I'm not going to lie, you got your work cut out for you, expect a few series losses before making some headway. Just learn their pitchers tendencies and your hitting will improve. It is very frustrating, but I think in the long run you can beat them with your team. Just be patient if it takes 20 or more series losses. I was 30-120 when I finally beat them the 1st time. And my team at the time was not as nice as yours. Good luck.
  • Options
    champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    I agree with posts 2,3. I think your relievers are your weakest spot. 2nd weak spot is you have too many lefty batters.
  • Options
    SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Thanks for all the input guys. Much appreciated!