Options

Coincidence? Need your thoughts

MackDaddyMikeMackDaddyMike Registered Users 45 Posts
Yesterday, while the draft picks were on sale, I figured I'd try to get an all star team by drafting every player.

I was using an iPhone 5.

Things were going well until I hit 999 draft picks. Up until then, I had a few game crashes but was always able to reload the game and continue drafting.

Now that I'm at 999, the game takes about 5 minutes to load only to give me 'Network Error.' If you hit retry, the game will just crash after another 2 or 3 minutes.

I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence, or has GLU put in some restrictions to prevent us from obtaining every player. Just found it odd I ran into a problem at a number like 999.

Also, if anyone knows a way to get by this, I would love to know. Currently can't play the game unless I somehow get to the store interface and trade in the players I spent all day drafting (which I obviously don't really want to do).

Comments

• Options
    By some miracle the game loaded tonight. I drafted about 9 more players til the app crashed and become unplayable again.

Looks like it will be difficult to draft all 158 first rounders within the time range of a draft picks sale.
  • Options
    TatimusTatimus Registered Users 40 Posts
    999 players was where my game started crashing also. I don't think it is a coincidence at all. What is more frustrating is when you finally get all the players, you can't sub in the players that you want without the app crashing. I have sent complaints in to GLU about this nonsense. I still haven't received a reply. I love this game but the greed is ridiculous.
  • Options
    BelzerBelzer Registered Users 22 Posts
    I drafted every player all at once. I have every player in the game and it just won't load anymore. It crashed all the time but even if I was able to get in, I can't trade in my inactives because there is no other player I can get. That team is now dead. Can't even enjoy my all star team that took me months to get.
  • Options
    gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    ive been thinking about going for every player too. I was wondering when you are spinning for players in a certain round if it shows on the wheel that there are only 2 players left when you get down to only 2 players left in that round. If it does could you just go to the next round and continue to do that until you get to the 1st draft picks?
  • Options
    Belzer wrote: »
    I drafted every player all at once. I have every player in the game and it just won't load anymore. It crashed all the time but even if I was able to get in, I can't trade in my inactives because there is no other player I can get. That team is now dead. Can't even enjoy my all star team that took me months to get.

What device did you use Belzer? Clearly my iPhone 5 doesn't have the horsepower to draft everyone at once.

I don't have another device to test with, but I'm curious if every device experiences game breaking lag when going for all players, or are some better than others? There aren't too many apple products with more power than the iPhone 5 (the iPhone 6 and maybe one of the newer iPads). I thought I would be okay with an iPhone 5, wonder how Android devices hold up?
  • Options
    chaingang28chaingang28 Registered Users 17 Posts
    Uninstall the app, the install it again and then go to settings to sign in using either facebook or email. Once ur signed in to ur original accout yhen start drafting again. I did this using an lg android phone
  • Options
    Uninstall the app, the install it again and then go to settings to sign in using either facebook or email. Once ur signed in to ur original accout yhen start drafting again. I did this using an lg android phone

Tried this and unfortunately still get Network Error. Might be this recent update that is doing this, as I've seen a lot of other people complaining about network errors.
  • Options
    BelzerBelzer Registered Users 22 Posts
    I have the iPhone 5S. It was slow but only a few crashes.