Options

Inappropriate Sportsmanship!

QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
Had a game today, opponent left his pitcher in for a 7th inning (no energy bar) and I scored 4 runs to take the lead and eventually won 6-4. After the game I was called "Cheatin, F......, N......"!

I am sure Glu has some standards of behavior that they would like to see, after all it's just a video game.

What have you all seen and what can we do about it?

Comments

• Options
    TatimusTatimus Registered Users 40 Posts
    Lol...yep there are a bunch of babies out there. I had a guy question my sexuality and told me that I never get "any" because my team was too good. He had a lot of other choice words for me. I told him he needed to work on his anger management problems.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I once scored five runs on Kershaw in one inning when I was down 0-4. The guy accused me of using autoplay. I scored another two runs in the next inning on Kershaw and shut him up.
  • Options
    gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    solarmen wrote: »
    I once scored five runs on Kershaw in one inning when I was down 0-4. The guy accused me of using autoplay. I scored another two runs in the next inning on Kershaw and shut him up.

I think we all have used auto play and benefitted from it and lost because of it.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    QLDorigin wrote: »
    Had a game today, opponent left his pitcher in for a 7th inning (no energy bar) and I scored 4 runs to take the lead and eventually won 6-4. After the game I was called "Cheatin, F......, N......"!

I am sure Glu has some standards of behavior that they would like to see, after all it's just a video game.

What have you all seen and what can we do about it?

QL,

Remember I told you what happened with me! That was just last week, that the opponent F Bombed me for scoring a bunch of runs in the first inning. Take solace in the fact that it's probably a 13 year old kid!
  • Options
    RemmyJayRemmyJay Registered Users 36 Posts
    Wow some of these are brutal, it's only a game. I have never been bad mouthed once on this game, guess I'm just lucky.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    gregadams wrote: »
    I think we all have used auto play and benefitted from it and lost because of it.

Yes, and I can certainly understand his speculation. But he should've checked my lineup before he dropped that F bomb on me.
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    People actually use the in-game chat???
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    QL,

Remember I told you what happened with me! That was just last week, that the opponent F Bombed me for scoring a bunch of runs in the first inning. Take solace in the fact that it's probably a 13 year old kid!

Yes I do remember that! Thought about what you told me when I posted this.
  • Options
    QLDorigin wrote: »
    Yes I do remember that! Thought about what you told me when I posted this.

No sooner did I leave the forum to play an active game, I was F Bombed again. I was just asked, "What the F***! Are you on drugs..." Funny thing is I never hit rematch button, this person does all the time trying to beat me. I took a screen shot of the profanity this time, in the event it continues. I let my daughters play with my iPad, and sometimes TSB and I don't think that language is appropriate.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Lawman what happened in the game that caused him to say that to you? I've played you a few times and I can't think of anything you do that would warrant that response.
  • Options
    He was getting beat 20-0 in the 6th inning. You are a gentleman to play, and I tend to believe I did nothing to illicit this message other than score runs.
  • Options
    Thanks Lawman and back at you. I've been lucky, I never have come across someone that was that rude or used foul language with me. It would be one thing if you were talking trash while up that much. But I know that's not how you play. Were you guys having messages before this, or after it was 20-0 he just sent you that? Did you respond, did he stall the game, or did he resign?
  • Options
    I never sent him a message, his comments were not in reply, but rather a cheap shot. I told him he was the one hitting the rematch button, not me. He has not finished the game, at least for now.
  • Options
    FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Just a quick note to let you know that our terms of service cover this topic specifically. We do not tolerate any abuse in our games. This also include naming your team with inappropriate names as we have seen and addressed many of those in the background already.

If you get any harassment or inappropriate language: take a screenshot and submit it to customer care. they will handle it from there.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Good to know. Thank you Francis