Options

Who would you choose to be your PERFECT Starting Rotation (1-5)

yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
if you guys could construct the perfect starting rotation 1-5 with anyone in the game who would you guys choose?

Comments

• Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Yay:

Based on what I've seen in this game, it's so much much who you choose, as long as the rotation consists of all righties. So, Fernandez, Cueto, Tanaka, Darvish and Hernandez.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I think we all have to recognize that this game is all about hitting. Every pitcher is vulnerable. That's basically how our hitters hit .400. I've had Darvish for a long time, and his ERA is 3.8-4. And I don't even use him against Legends. Kluber is the one I used over and over in key situations, and his ERA is just north of 4. I recently got King Felix, and played him in about 3-4 Legends series. His ERA is 3.13 but he is far from lights out.

I am about to get all the 5* SP from tournaments, and will try out different rotations and see how they perform.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    The top pitchers in this game have been seen so often that most players hit them pretty good. But personally my ideal rotation would be 1. Cueto 2. Hernandez 3. Fernandez 4. Darvish 5. Tanaka/Sale. Like I said though I have faced these pitchers so many times that I can hit them pretty regular. But if I faced legends with no ice packs or a player who had not seen these pitchers much this is what I would throw at them.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Any suggestions on hitting. I'm at All Star and there's no way I'm even at .300 and even with the sound on a ball hitting the dirt is impossible to avoid.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    Any suggestions on hitting. I'm at All Star and there's no way I'm even at .300 and even with the sound on a ball hitting the dirt is impossible to avoid.

my ideal lineup: (keep in mind this is probably the best team you can get)

Jose Altuve 9/2/9
    Josh Harrison 9/5/8
    Troy Tulowitzki 9/9/2
    Jose Abreu 9/9/2
    Mike Trout 8/9/6
    Victor Martinez 9/8/2
    Andrew McCutchen 9/7/6
    Adrian Beltre 9/6/2
    Buster Posey 9/6/1

it's sad posey has to hit 9th...
  • Options
    my ideal lineup: (keep in mind this is probably the best team you can get)

Jose Altuve 9/2/9
    Josh Harrison 9/5/8
    Troy Tulowitzki 9/9/2
    Jose Abreu 9/9/2
    Mike Trout 8/9/6
    Victor Martinez 9/8/2
    Andrew McCutchen 9/7/6
    Adrian Beltre 9/6/2
    Buster Posey 9/6/1

it's sad posey has to hit 9th...

Funny this is the line up i had for a while before I used Dickerson to replace Harrison. The app actually puts the order like this:
    Harrison
    Altuve
    Abreu
    Tulo
    V Mart
    McCutchen
    Trout
    Beltre
    Posey

This lineup kills Legends. i had back to back sweeps against Legends...
  • Options
    solarmen wrote: »
    Funny this is the line up i had for a while before I used Dickerson to replace Harrison. The app actually puts the order like this:
    Harrison
    Altuve
    Abreu
    Tulo
    V Mart
    McCutchen
    Trout
    Beltre
    Posey

This lineup kills Legends. i had back to back sweeps against Legends...
    why dickerson over harrison? also why would altuve hit second? that's pretty annoying and nonsensical.

this game really needs to let us edit our own lineups. it's weird such a simple feature isn't available.
  • Options
    why dickerson over harrison? also why would altuve hit second? that's pretty annoying and nonsensical.

this game really needs to let us edit our own lineups. it's weird such a simple feature isn't available.

Agreed. One of the reasons I take Harrison out is I want Altuve to lead off. Dickerson is hitting at .400 right now and has more power. If he cools down, I may insert Harrison back.
  • Options
    i feel like i'd have bumgarner in my starting 5 even though i've faced him and came away unimpressed. unless he totally gets battered, i think my giants homerism will keep him in the rotation. i hope he gets upgraded to 9 stuff.
  • Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I know for sure I'd want

Cueto
    Lester
    Darvish
    Either Sale/Tanaka (No experience with either)
    King Felix (I know people have said he's pretty hittable, but as my favorite player I'd definitely want him on the team)
  • Options
    my current rotation:

1. sale
    2. cueto
    3. lester
    4. de grom
    5. sanchez

i'm keeping sale and cueto for sure. i think ultimately, i'll have it be:

1. sale
    2. cueto
    3. darvish
    4. felix or fernandez or strasburg
    5. madbum
  • Options
    anyone have an opinion on king felix v. jose fernandez v. tanaka? how would you guys rank these guys? from my experience against them, tanaka seems the most hittable.

i have three rotation spots locked down with cueto, darvish, and sale.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    anyone have an opinion on king felix v. jose fernandez v. tanaka? how would you guys rank these guys? from my experience against them, tanaka seems the most hittable.

i have three rotation spots locked down with cueto, darvish, and sale.

I recently did some experiments for LH vs RH things.
    After some discussions with Lawman about how LH vs RH impact this game, I decide to stack a LH team(5~3 star) to test who is the best right hand start pitcher against all lefty team. It is extreme test case so if the pitcher stats is good after these games, he will have a normal performance facing LH/RH mix teams.

Here are the test result. 4 games for each pitcher. Upgrade level is 9 for all items of both team. Manually play for the first few innings but will let PC to play for me if one team is lead more than 3. I will also replace this pitcher once if he is tired.

Cueto:
    1st game: 4ER in 4 innings
    2nd game: 5ER in 5 innings
    3rd game: 3ER in 6 innings
    4th game: 4ER in 5 innings
    ERA is 7.2

Tanaka:
    1st game: 3ER in 6 innings
    2nd game: 8ER in 2 innings
    3rd game: 4ER in 5 innings
    4th game: 2ER in 6 innings
    ERA is 8.05

King Flex:
    1st game: 1ER in 6 innings
    2nd game: 2ER in 6 innings
    3rd game: 5ER in 2 innings
    4th game: 3ER in 6 innings
    ERA is 4.95

Jose:
    1st game: 4ER in 6 innings
    2nd game: 3ER in 6 innings
    3rd game: 5ER in 2 innings
    4th game: 3ER in 6 innings
    ERA is 6.75

So the ranking will be King Flex> Jose > Cueto > Tanaka when play against LH stack team.
    I can't share WHIP, K/9 ...etc because the stats are incremental and history records of these statics influence my final test result.

Also the manual play will make the statics not so accurate because human factors will impact the results.

BTW, I was preparing to have fun with my all LH team against my friend's king Flex but my game crashes because of too many players and finally GLU delete all my inactives to let my game become normal >.<

Anyway, hope these statics can help you arrange your start pitcher lineup.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Jemic:

As always, you impressed me with your "experiment" and test data. I find the results interesting, in that I expected Cueto to do better. Based on the results, do you feel that King Felix is the most effective right hander available?

What is your starting 5 pitching rotation?

I see that you added a disclaimer (LOL), that against human players these pitchers could yield different results!

For me, Cueto is always the hardest pitcher to have a big inning against. I would have to say King Felix is second. I usually hammer Jose Fernandez and Tanaka.

Why wasn't Darvish included in the sample group, just too much? Sometimes he is unhittable, and other times he gets clobbered. Of all the stud right handers, he is a wild card.

Thank you for the information, very much appreciated.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Lawman,
    do you feel that King Felix is the most effective right hander available?
    Yes, I think so. My experiment is trying to find the maximum bound for each pitcher's ERA. Flex's ERA is stable enough when playing against LH lineup and I think he will be doing good against other lineup of different combination.
    What is your starting 5 pitching rotation?

My rotation is not fixed but Felix/Tanaka/Jose will always be in my lineup. The other two could be Mad bomb/Sale/Kershaw/Kluber/Cueto depend on opponent's lineup.
    I see that you added a disclaimer (LOL), that against human players these pitchers could yield different results!

For me, Cueto is always the hardest pitcher to have a big inning against. I would have to say King Felix is second. I usually hammer Jose Fernandez and Tanaka.

Agree. Most of the 5 star batter are right handy so if a pitcher like Cueto who throws almost 70% curve ball, we will have a very hard game.
    Why wasn't Darvish included in the sample group, just too much?

I forget to do the same test for Darvish. I will try to collect his statics if I have time.
  • Options
    My rotation is not fixed but Felix/Tanaka/Jose will always be in my lineup. The other two could be Mad bomb/Sale/Kershaw/Kluber/Cueto depend on opponent's lineup.

I've had Jose Fernandez for about 60 games , and I am getting closer and closer to dump him. His ERA is close to 4. Although he can be lights out even against Legends, he is able to explode and get roughed up against any team. As of typing, he gave up 4 runs in 3 innings against a team that is full of 3-4* hitters and upgrade to 5. This is so frustrating.
  • Options
    solarmen wrote: »
    I've had Jose Fernandez for about 60 games , and I am getting closer and closer to dump him. His ERA is close to 4. Although he can be lights out even against Legends, he is able to explode and get roughed up against any team. As of typing, he gave up 4 runs in 3 innings against a team that is full of 3-4* hitters and upgrade to 5. This is so frustrating.

from my results, i find darvish and fernandez to be very hit or miss against the computer. sometimes they can have great outings, sometimes they'll get destroyed. i think this is because of the low control for both of these guys; the computer will have them give up several walks sometimes.

against humans however, my results indicate darvish > fernandez. darvish might be the best pitcher against humans, actually. however, it does get super annoying sometimes when the opponent autoplays after getting down by 3. today, i was up i think 6-1 and my opponent auto played and darvish ended up giving up 9ER in 7IP, with a 5 run outburst.

for me, i think i'll have two rotations: one for all games besides against the legends, and one rotation for the legends.

normal rotation:
    1. madbum
    2. darvish
    3. cueto
    4. sale
    5. felix

legends rotation:
    1. cueto
    2. felix
    3. kluber
    4. fernandez
    5. tanaka