Options

No Thursday update - Again

NellypearsonNellypearson Registered Users 40 Posts
Do you think this is the end now as nothing for weeks despite GluAdmin saying something "very soon"?

Comments

• Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Do you think this is the end now as nothing for weeks despite GluAdmin saying something "very soon"?

The day is not over yet dude! Wait until this afternoon, then b*tch about it!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    It was Deer Hunter 2014 that the gluadmin guy said soon come.

In regards to Dino Hunter, he said:
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Here's what I've got: "New regions may be released in the future."

So, nothing promised, nothing delivered (so far), no reason expect anything today. It would be cool, but I for one am not holding my breath.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    the day is not over...I usually get the updates around midnight my time...two or three hours from now....but not holding my breath too...feels like the end
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    northlander30northlander30 Registered Users 59 Posts
    May be released not WILL be released. I am tired of this game, same scenarios over and over no challenge no nothing. They seem to be worrying more about DH2014. Oh well it was a good game while it lasted! Oh and it's 2pm here and nothing new.
  • Options
    NellypearsonNellypearson Registered Users 40 Posts
    GluAdmin posted it on this forum on another Thread relating to DH. 7pm here and normally get it by now
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I uninstalled the game and am playing over. I lost all my progress, 20,000 crystals and a zillion hunter bucks, plus all my weapons, but it's worth it. It is fun to do the old contract hunts again and upgrade weapons slowly. I won't spend a dime this go round, but I'm waiting for the energy bar to get a single red square on it again, like old times. I'm especially enjoying the trophy hunt animals, most of them were really well done. Plus it was cool to shoot Radnad again! I didn't feel as bad about it this time! ;)

Seriously, if nothing comes of this game, I recommend starting over. Or just start a new facebook account just for playing the game (mine doesn't even have any friends, likes, anything, and is set to private. Solely a gaming profile). You just need a secondary email address, and use a fake name. It's much more fun on a big screen, IMO, and if a new release comes out tonight, I won't sweat it. I'll be caught up in a couple of weeks and waiting again. Actually, I'll be frustratingly hunting for crystals to upgrade exotics, more likely. That and waiting have been the only things I haven't enjoyed about the game. Starting from scratch, it's a great game. And the pace is perfect with contract hunts for upgrades in the first 5 regions I've played. Seems like later on, in the exotic events for crystals, you had to do contract hunts forever to occasionally play the exotic event. Anyway, this is definitely a great game early on, and declined around the last couple of regions. Play it again and remember why you loved it so much!
    Facebook player
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I did that and I'm staying in Region 5 for a while, which is my personal favorite. I never bothered going to R10 before I restarted.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    My wife has an iPad and I think I will use that to start over. Then I can leave my Kindle for any new stuff and not lose all my "progress".

Do I need to do anything special (like have another email) or can I just download the app and play?
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    download and play. Enjoy the tutorial :).
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I'm playing it over on my new phone. You're right it is fun again. I'm on region 4 just taking my time. But doing both dino and dh14 over at the same time is consuming.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    I'm in R3 in Dinos and R2 in D2014 and I'm enjoying both games so much again, possibly more than the first time around. The Trophy Hunts in Dinos are amazing along with some of the detail on many of the regular series hunts. I'm not sure if they've been improved upon or what but it's definitely fun again. I suggest starting over if you can. I was able to start on a new device and semi new platform and keep my original game but I would delete it and start over like Bill has done if you don't have the option of playing on another device

Edit: Bill started a new game on his new phone and didn't actually delete his old game but I think people can get the gist of what I was saying...
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Now that dh14 has a new hidden region I have been tempted to go back to my old phone and play. But I'm having to much fun doing the game over slowly. Plus, this new phone is so much easier to see the targets.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I can see the upside of starting over, your better at it, brings back fond memories, etc...but I personally wouldn't give Glu the satisfaction of replaying their games over. Especially Dino Hunter! The progress I've made with both games are set, DH is adding great new content, both regions and events(wich I love) and Dino Hunter is stalled out and in need of a jump start. So I'll just play DH and wait on dino hunter. That's really all we can do, right?
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I can see the upside of starting over, your better at it, brings back fond memories, etc...but I personally wouldn't give Glu the satisfaction of replaying their games over. Especially Dino Hunter! The progress I've made with both games are set, DH is adding great new content, both regions and events(wich I love) and Dino Hunter is stalled out and in need of a jump start. So I'll just play DH and wait on dino hunter. That's really all we can do, right?

one hundred percent. I agree!
  • Options
    My 2 cents (probably not even worth taht)...

There was a recent major update recently. This was for two reasons....

1. To comply with Apple/Google stores to support 64 bit Apps.
    2. To put in the infrastructure to re-launch the App

I prefer to think it was the second one. If so, then I will will wait (but not play) and see what is coming.
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    I totally understand where you guys are coming from. Of course I think we all want more new content more than anything else but a few of us starting new games to have some fun isn't gonna have any effect on whether or not that happens.
  • Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I still get dinosaur facts pop up so maybe an indication the game will get updated seems strange when weapons could be ported over from dh2014 that updates aren't released simultaneously for both platforms..
  • Options
    I still get dinosaur facts pop up so maybe an indication the game will get updated seems strange when weapons could be ported over from dh2014 that updates aren't released simultaneously for both platforms..
    Yep. Just got a popup about some Celophysis dinosaut running at 30 mph....
  • Options
    DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    I started to play Dino over again, and it was fun, but then I realized I didn't want to go through regions 8-10 again under any circumstances. I switched to Deer Hunter 2014 and deleted this game. Real updates are never coming again.