Options

What's new in the new update?

dross1991dross1991 Registered Users 46 Posts
I was in the google play store and noticed there was an update for this game. I believe version 1 5.2
I updated but I don't seem to see any change or anything new in the game. Have any of you guys found anything new???

Comments

• Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    dross1991 wrote: »
    I was in the google play store and noticed there was an update for this game. I believe version 1 5.2
    I updated but I don't seem to see any change or anything new in the game. Have any of you guys found anything new???

i don't know what the new update did, but it's AWESOME. my game was lagging horribly with over 500 inactives and the boot up/team edits are SIGNIFICANTLY faster now. instantaneous team edits when it took me up to 1 full minute before.

NOTE: there is a glitch i seem to run into when editing players. it works, but it's glitchy. i just make my edits and then reboot the game.
  • Options
    gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    Are you talking about the update from Jan 16. It works fine on my iPad but lags and does not run smooth on my iPhone 5
  • Options
    gregadams wrote: »
    Are you talking about the update from Jan 16. It works fine on my iPad but lags and does not run smooth on my iPhone 5

no, today's update (for android). might not have been updated for iOS yet if you haven't seen it.
  • Options
    Thanks thought I was losing it.
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Most recent update for me is 1.5.0 which released on January 7th.

This is on iOS.
  • Options
    this new update is a game changer for me. seems like i can keep all my players instead of dropping a ton of 5 stars to lessen the lag.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    this new update is a game changer for me. seems like i can keep all my players instead of dropping a ton of 5 stars to lessen the lag.

hopefully iOS update is coming soon!
  • Options
    ryu562ryu562 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Seems less laggy with new update, but i'm now having some issues swapping players who are active with inactive. When i try the other way around by swapping inactive with an active, theres no problem. Don't know if anyone else has this issue
  • Options
    ryu562 wrote: »
    Seems less laggy with new update, but i'm now having some issues swapping players who are active with inactive. When i try the other way around by swapping inactive with an active, theres no problem. Don't know if anyone else has this issue

yeah, that was the glitch i mentioned earlier.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Oooh nice! Hope iOS update hits soon!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the IOS and android updates usually fall on the same day or within a few days of each other. Curious like everyone else when the same update that occurred for android users will happen for IOS users
  • Options
    Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    gregadams wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the IOS and android updates usually fall on the same day or within a few days of each other. Curious like everyone else when the same update that occurred for android users will happen for IOS users

Over the past 12 months of constantly playing many Glu games it seems that binary updates(where you need to go to the App Store or Google Play and manually update) for Android and iOS occur no more than 2 days apart with iOS getting updated first 9 times out of 10. In game updates (smaller ones that update automatically when opening the game) happen at any time and usually a dress bug fixes and other technical issues) hope this helps-Max
  • Options
    Over the past 12 months of constantly playing many Glu games it seems that binary updates(where you need to go to the App Store or Google Play and manually update) for Android and iOS occur no more than 2 days apart with iOS getting updated first 9 times out of 10. In game updates (smaller ones that update automatically when opening the game) happen at any time and usually a dress bug fixes and other technical issues) hope this helps-Max

Thanks for the info. Will wait patiently for this update.
  • Options
    ST88ST88 Registered Users 2 Posts
    So is it safe to make a run at all players before you have all the gold and cash necessary on Android?

Safe meaning you can still play the game without crashes or huge lag times and acquire the players that you don't have as you go.

Or is it better to wait til you have all the resources and do it at once?
  • Options
    GeorgeHermanGeorgeHerman Registered Users 11 Posts
    ST88 wrote: »
    So is it safe to make a run at all players before you have all the gold and cash necessary on Android?

Safe meaning you can still play the game without crashes or huge lag times and acquire the players that you don't have as you go.

Or is it better to wait til you have all the resources and do it at once?

Yes, it is now safe for android users. To be clear, safe with Samsung Galaxy S5. I currently have 906 inactives. The game loads just as quickly as it did with 0 inactives. Game play is perfectly fine. It sucks sifting through the players to change your lineup, but that works too...as long as you sub out an inactive and put him active....as opposed to tapping an active player to sub him out (don't do that)
  • Options
    It's been 11 days since this update for androids. Still waiting for one for IOS
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Yes, it is now safe for android users. To be clear, safe with Samsung Galaxy S5. I currently have 906 inactives. The game loads just as quickly as it did with 0 inactives. Game play is perfectly fine. It sucks sifting through the players to change your lineup, but that works too...as long as you sub out an inactive and put him active....as opposed to tapping an active player to sub him out (don't do that)
    Just be careful, as my experience was that once I hit 1147 inactives (the max number with leaving 1 player left undrafted) the lag was much worse than when I had 900-ish players. It was impossible to play a game without the app crashing after the inning, and impossible to make lineup changes without the app crashing, EXCEPT for the way you mentioned. I was able to scroll down to the bottom of the list of my batters and switch them in that way -- but the pitchers tab automatically crashed for me.

Long story short, be patient! Try to draft everyone all at once so you don't have to play any innings in the meantime. For whatever reason, it just gets slower and more buggy the more players you acquire.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    -- but the pitchers tab automatically crashed for me.
    Long story short, be patient! Try to draft everyone all at once so you don't have to play any innings in the meantime. For whatever reason, it just gets slower and more buggy the more players you acquire.

Switching to pitcher menu and then crashed is the APP overflow problem which I just reported a month ago.
    I think it was fixed in the latest android release so it will be safe for android to draft all the players and making lineup arrangement. Isn't it?