Options

Do you think there will be draft picks & upgrades sale w/ this Fan Rewards event?

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
15k gold is pretty steep without a sale to support it.

Comments

• Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    And Kershaw really doesn't perform what a 9/9/9 should perform.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    To anyone considering spending 15,000 in gold for Kershaw, forget about it!

I have had him on my roster for quite some time, and his ERA is close to 4.00, he gets slammed often, and if I can ever get Sale (the only left handed ace worth having), I'll drop him from my starting 5. I suggest waiting for GLU to offer a stud right hander.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »

I have had him on my roster for quite some time, and his ERA is close to 4.00, he gets slammed often, and if I can ever get Sale (the only left handed ace worth having), I'll drop him from my starting 5. I suggest waiting for GLU to offer a stud right hander.

Sheesh, the way things are going, that'll probably cost 16-17k gold.
  • Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    Do you know how Felix Hernandez performs in this game? He's my favorite player and am trying to figure out how to maximize my chances at getting him
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I just got Felix recently and his era is around 2.00. Granted I have not played too many human players against him, but he's played in the 1200 gold tourneys and has done as well as Cueto for me. So I would say he is worth getting. I got him by playing the 1200 gold tourneys. Once you work your way through the position players, he's around the 8th pitcher in as the prize. The tourney really only costs 400 gold because you get 800 gold in 4 wins. I had amassed a lot of gold and was planning on taking my chances on the SP player draft. But I follwed solarman's advice and it took a lot of time, but worth it in the end.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Do you know how Felix Hernandez performs in this game? He's my favorite player and am trying to figure out how to maximize my chances at getting him

213 GS, 156 QS, 1444 IP, 2.94 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 8.56 K/BB, 10.2 K/9, 0.242 BAA, 23 CG, 14 SHO, 170-16 W-L

Most of the time solid, but does get wild once in a while.
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »

maybe it's a small sample size, but sale has an ERA over 5 for me in about 100 innings pitched. he gets killed by the legends and he was getting hit up by humans as well. the best lefty so far for me has been lester. i'll probably make an assessment after a couple hundred more innings.

the best pitchers for me overall has been lester, cueto and darvish. they all do well against humans (darvish and lester seem to do the best) and cueto does best against the computer (though lester does surprisingly decent as well).
  • Options
    princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    Back to the original question, there's a good chance that a draft pick sale concurrent with the latest fan rewards event. Last time, it didn't happen until Saturday afternoon/night. Haven't seen a concurrent upgrade sale since the Christmas event.
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Please let me know/update this thread if there's a sale! I can't tell because I have first rounders and number one picks saved up, so it doesn't show me the price (just shows "open").

I'm ready to make my run at drafting everybody all at once, just waiting for the picks to go on sale... I've drafted 500 late rounders so far, don't want to go much further until I know the first rounders are on sale. The game is starting to move slower as it is already.
  • Options
    Sale on now.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Yup. Starcat is right. Sale is on. Good luck drafting fellas.