Options

Worst/Strangest Rating

free candy!free candy! Registered Users 5 Posts
I have no idea how Gerrit Cole has an arm strength of only 6 when he had the 4th highest fastball velocity of all starters, and thats with mainly throwing 2 seamers. His Slider comes in faster than the league average fastball. if that is not a 9, than what is?

Also, I know he had a ****py year, but to see Prince Fielder be a 5/5 contact power is very strange.
What have you seen?

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Justin Verlander. I know he had a bit of a down year for him. But I can't remember his exact numbers in this game, but he's a 2 star pitcher in this game. With speed and stuff ratings extremely low. He throws 5-6 different pitches in this game. 2 stars is pretty low for him. And Im not a huge Verlander fan either. Might be a player to keep on your inactives if he rebounds next year. Could easily jumo up to a 5 star player if he pitches like he did a couple years ago.
  • Options
    SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Mike Trout being only speed 6. I know he's an 8-9 and giving him better speed would make it unfair, but he is one of the fastest players in the game. I saw on MLB network near the beginning of last season and Trout, Dee Gordon, and Billy Hamilton had three of the fastest times from first to second, stealing wise.
  • Options
    MackDaddyMikeMackDaddyMike Registered Users 45 Posts
    Aaron Sanchez threw consistent 98-100 mph fast***** last season and he's only a 5 arm.
  • Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    The weirdest ranking for me to wrap my mind around Felix Hernandez's 7 Arm. The guy is my favorite player, but he is great because of his change-up/splitter pitch. His fastball tops at 94 MPH and usually is thrown 90-92 MPH, a guy like Gerit Cole throws in the upper 90's consistently and yet has an Arm of only 6.
  • Options
    GeorgeHermanGeorgeHerman Registered Users 11 Posts
    Yordano Ventura. The guy broke the MLB record last year for fastest pitch ever during the regular season for a starter..102.9. His average fastball one game was 99.5. I can't fathom why that deserves a 5 arm in this game. He throws harder than just about every person that got a 9 in this game.

I also agree with free candy. Prince Fielder with 5 power is very silly. They give some complete no-names more than that.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    You are spot on George, Ventura throws BB's, and absolutely should have a 9 arm rating.
    Surfin, I have thought about Trout's speed rating many times. Trout deserves a 9 speed rating.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I kind of think they were overly generous with Scooter Gennett's 945 5 star rating.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Danny Santana's 9 rating for hitting