Options

Players who are mediocre on paper, but...

TJSwobodaTJSwoboda Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
If you've advanced a few leagues, do you still have a player who, on paper you should have traded a long time ago, but you've kept because they consistently hit around .300? For me, it's Willie Bloomquist. Two and a half stars, can't hit a home run, but he consistently gets on base more often than any other player I've had with a hit rating of 6.

I'm in the MVP league right now, and one of my opponents who has moved up to Hall of Fame is still playing Nick Swisher. I started with him on my roster, but have long since traded him, and I assume he's still getting played for the same reason I still have Bloomquist: Results. I'm arriving at the end of an era, however: On a number one draft pick, I just scored Troy Tulowitzki (5 stars, 9/9/2). A shortstop like Bloomquist, it's all too obvious who stays and who goes.

How long have you held on to a player who produced results out of proportion to what the game said they should?

Comments

• Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Angel Pagan. He hit .398 for me over about 3,000 games / 5 months or so.
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Just posting to say congrats on Tulo. I never had that kind of luck drafting! Best player I got after hundreds of picks was Nelson Cruz.

Worst player I had that I kept for a long time was Arismendy Alcantara 2/7/9. He only hit .250-.260 but the power speed combo was lethal for a long time on my squad. I was using him over 3.5 and 4* star guys and I think he was only a 2*.