Options

Weird: game ended after 1 inning!

Gothams1883Gothams1883 Registered Users 43 Posts
So I played a game with someone and for some reason it ended after just one inning! I scored 1 run and went on to the next game! I have several going on at once so I don't really keep track of the games I'm playing. But the next time I click to play him it says I won! Great for me but I'm confounded as to why or how that happened. I can only guess three scenarios:

1. The other player resigned.
2. He waited too long to play and the game automatically resigned him.
3. Some funky glitch occurred in my favor.

I'm concerned because the guy I was playing messaged me and was furious. He apparently thinks I cheated him somehow. So that leads me to believe option #1 is off the table! So I think that either he took too long to play and the game resigned his game or a glitch happened.

I pride myself in playing legit games and rarely ever buy my gold. And I don't understand how the Auto Play works so I rarely use that. But has this ever happened to anyone? Is it a glitch or do you think one of the other options occurred?

On a side note I did not appreciate the guy cussing me out like that when I had nothing to do with his loss! He apparently takes this game way too seriously!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this situation and help!

Comments

• Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I know when you're playing against people autoplay only becomes available once one team gets a lead of at least 3 runs. Without knowing how long it took the guy to play after your 1 inning it is difficult to determine if he waited too long to play.

Even if it's a weird glitch, the opponent has no right to curse you out. It's just a game
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Had the same problem once as yours in earlier version of TSB.
    When there is too much games against the same person, this will probably happen.
    But I think it is not a big deal, your opponent seems to care too much about winning or losing.
  • Options
    StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    I ended a game once after one inning but it was because I realized I had too much going on in my life and didn't have time to play, I don't recall the score, who was ahead, but it didn't matter.

Never had any sort of negative interaction like that with anyone in this game, jemic. If someone did that to me, I'd be ****ed, too, and then I'd be the one to end the game. I'd have no desire to play against someone like that, and winning or losing would be irrelevant to me. Life's too short to spend time in internet or game arguments. Jemic, you're a great player and a good guy, so don't worry about it and walk away from that immature behavior.
  • Options
    Gothams1883Gothams1883 Registered Users 43 Posts
    Thanks all! Good to know it's not just me! :). I guess I'll just continue to shrug it off. Funny thing is I only had two games going against this guy. I currently have one more with that player but I don't expect him/her to finish. So either he/she resigns or the game ends on its own because he/she doesn't want to continue.
  • Options
    Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I think it might be a glitch. The same thing happened to me last week, unfortunately I was on the losing end. I played my part of the 4th inning and was down by a run, a few minutes later "final" popped up and it said I lost.