Options

Tournament difficulty

bkballersbkballers Registered Users 9 Posts
I really did not utilize tournaments or leagues early enough and probably have built my team up the wrong way. My question is if the same level of tournaments (i.e. 2 star showdown) have any influence on your general game status (rookie, semi-pro, vetran). Are the tournaments easier as a rookie than veteran?

I have been very unlucky in drafts and have pretty much had to buy a 3 start team. I didn't realize that I should hold out for #1 Draft picks over multiple First round picks...I think that's what really hurt me. Now I have veteran status and even the 2 star tournaments are very hard to beat. I put some wins together, but eventually run up against a top flight team and get obliterated. I have decent players for a 3 to 3.5 star average (I've been picky on which ones I have purchased), I've upgraded my stats to 3 or 4 on all levels and I'm usually a decent timing-based game player, but I've really hit a wall here.

Or is this the point where you need to start spending gold? Is there a real (non-cheating) way to earn a decent amount of gold or does this game require purchases?

Any help would be appreciated, I like this game, but at this point it's not as fun anymore :(. You either get a easy or an all-star team opponent. Not much in between. The only way I'm making any progress in this game is that my team is good enough for me to gain resources during prime events to very slowly upgrade.

Comments

• Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    There are five ways to get gold in this game.
    1. Free offers and video
    The will be a limited amount of videos can be viewed daily in this game. You get four gold after watch an video.
    Different device has different number of videos and it means once you have viewed all the video on one device, you can use another cell phone to do the same thing again.

2. Daily/Weekly leader board
    To be the top 5 in daily/weekly leader board to get 400/1100 gold.
    Usually I will use tournament/league games to let me have enough wins to be in top 5.
    Tournaments and leagues in lower division are easy to win with cheaper cost.
    I suggest to stay in Rookie/semi-pro level as long as you can and build your team.

3. Achievement
    After you play enough games, the game will inform you that your team statics have reached some level and can get some prize.
    The gold is not much but it helps a team to start up.

4. Prime event
    There will be 800 gold if you get 200k points but to reach that level, you have to spend more gold. I don't suggest to get gold from there.

5. Buy gold
    Sometimes there be an one time offer which will give you some amount of gold with price cut. You can try that if you have some money to spend.

My suggestion are

1. Stay in lower division and play tournaments/leagues to let you be in the top 5 of leader board.
    2. Getting good players first and than team upgrade. Good players make huge difference than team upgrade.

Tournaments and leagues will become tough after you advance to a higher division. Usually the opponent you see in the tournament are from higher division than yours.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    bkballersbkballers Registered Users 9 Posts
    Thank you for all of the great tips!
  • Options
    RedRaider3305RedRaider3305 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thanks for posting this, bkballers. I think I am in the same boat as you as far as the tournaments. I would say my team is decent but pitches you get right down the pipe end up popping out or little dribblers in the infield and then some games the ball just gets mashed. Some of the lefties that throw 102 are straight nasty, I am basically up there guessing at pitches and making me look silly.

Oh well the game is still fun and VERY addicting. This could be different for other people but Adam Lind is a beast in this game for me.