Options

Benefits of not trading your players

barabr10barabr10 Registered Users 5 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there are any benefits of keeping all your inactive players. I'm fairly new to this game and I currently have 35 inactive players and I can trade them for a #1 draft pick but I'm not sure if it's worth the gamble. Is there any benefit of not trading your players?

Comments

• Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    barabr10 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there are any benefits of keeping all your inactive players. I'm fairly new to this game and I currently have 35 inactive players and I can trade them for a #1 draft pick but I'm not sure if it's worth the gamble. Is there any benefit of not trading your players?

yes it's definitely worth it. your inactive players just sit there. you don't need them at all. say you get a 3 star player, so what? you weren't using any of your inactive players anyway. there's nothing else you can really do with inactives. i would assume your starting lineup is all of your best guys so no point in subbing any of them in. you can't get a better team if you hold on to your bad players.
  • Options
    unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    YMMV, game is broken in the sense that different people have differing sizes of inactive lists for what it's worth. no rhyme or reason to it. if your list is fairly indefinite you can use it in the future to max out players and make a run for the 5-star guys. for example drafting by position you can eliminate all the catchers below 5-star (i think there's 50 something) to finally get posey. that would only work if your inactive list is 50+.
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    unrealgm wrote: »
    YMMV, game is broken in the sense that different people have differing sizes of inactive lists for what it's worth. no rhyme or reason to it. if your list is fairly indefinite you can use it in the future to max out players and make a run for the 5-star guys. for example drafting by position you can eliminate all the catchers below 5-star (i think there's 50 something) to finally get posey. that would only work if your inactive list is 50+.

good point. hadn't thought of this. i guess theoretically you could draft every single player at a certain position until you get all 5 star players, though not many people i know of can have more than 50 inactives at a time. so to the OP, i guess you could hold onto your guys and see if you're lucky enough to hold 50+ inactives, but i wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    good point. hadn't thought of this. i guess theoretically you could draft every single player at a certain position until you get all 5 star players, though not many people i know of can have more than 50 inactives at a time. so to the OP, i guess you could hold onto your guys and see if you're lucky enough to hold 50+ inactives, but i wouldn't get your hopes up.

just for comedic value.. this is what happens when you draft by position after you have exhausted all other 1B in the pool :)

jwuM38u.png