Options

Need Help - Which Player Should I Keep In My Team

Mister XMister X Registered Users 17 Posts
Hello People. I'm very confused as to which players should I keep in my team. Could you guys help me, please?

1) Catcher: Yadier Moline (R:8-4-2) OR Wilson Ramos (R:6-8-1)

2) 2B: Dee Gordon (L: 7-1-9) OR Chase Utley (L: 6-4-4) OR Kolten Wong (L: 4-5-9)

3) I need to select the best (LF, CF, RF, DH) out of the following: i) Kole Calhoun (L: 7-6-4) ii) Michael Cuddyer (R: 8-5-5) iii) Ryan Braun (R: 7-7-6) iii) David Ortiz (L: 6-9-1) iv) Khris Davis (R: 5-9-5) v) Ben Revere (L: 9-1-9) vi) Drew Stubbs (R: 6-6-9) vii) Carlos Beltran (B: 5-8-3)

Comments

• Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Yadier Molina

Dee Gordon

Ben Revere
    Michael cuddyer
    Ryan Braun
    Kole Calhoun
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Molina buy a landslide

Dee Gordon

Revere
    Cuddyer
    Calhoun
    Braun

That dtrain guy is pretty smart I see.
  • Options
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Yadier Molina

Dee Gordon

Ben Revere
    Michael cuddyer
    Ryan Braun
    Kole Calhoun

Thanks a lot for your reply. So you have gone for hitting over power, yes?

I have few doubts though:

1) Doesn't Wilson Ramos seem more balanced? (Hit 6 - Power 8) than Molina (Hit 8 - Power 4)
    2) Wouldn't a player like Ortiz (6-9-1) seem better balance than Cuddyer (8-5-5) or Calhoun (7-6-4)?
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    Molina buy a landslide

Dee Gordon

Revere
    Cuddyer
    Calhoun
    Braun

That dtrain guy is pretty smart I see.

Not going with power hitters? (Khris Davis, Ortiz)?
  • Options
    In the long run, higher rated hitters are much better than the lower rated hitters that have more power. I would expect Revere to hit at least .375 assuming you have decent upgrades. He hit .415 for me. David Ortiz, a 6 hitter, may hit a decent number of homers but his average will probably be around .300 at best.

Molina is by far the 2nd best Catcher in the game, only behind Posey. Ramos is decent but Molina will probably hit 50 points better in the batting average category, and even with hitting fewer HRs, his OPS will still be as high if not higher than Ramos. Molina crushes so many doubles it's unbelievable.

Honestly in this game it is fun hitting HRs but your team is much more reliable with 8 and 9 rated hitters, regardless of their power numbers. Way more consistent that way, as once your entire lineup can bat .350+ you should be able to score tons of runs every game. If all your guys are like David Ortiz and Khris Davis, you'll see a lot of games where your lineup is inconsistent and either score a ton or score nothing, as those guys will go 0 for 4 quite a bit.

Definitely do NOT use any players with hitting stats of only 5 once your team is as good as it sounds like you have. You almost always want to take the higher rated hitter.
  • Options
    In the long run, higher rated hitters are much better than the lower rated hitters that have more power. I would expect Revere to hit at least .375 assuming you have decent upgrades. He hit .415 for me. David Ortiz, a 6 hitter, may hit a decent number of homers but his average will probably be around .300 at best.

Molina is by far the 2nd best Catcher in the game, only behind Posey. Ramos is decent but Molina will probably hit 50 points better in the batting average category, and even with hitting fewer HRs, his OPS will still be as high if not higher than Ramos. Molina crushes so many doubles it's unbelievable.

Honestly in this game it is fun hitting HRs but your team is much more reliable with 8 and 9 rated hitters, regardless of their power numbers. Way more consistent that way, as once your entire lineup can bat .350+ you should be able to score tons of runs every game. If all your guys are like David Ortiz and Khris Davis, you'll see a lot of games where your lineup is inconsistent and either score a ton or score nothing, as those guys will go 0 for 4 quite a bit.

Definitely do NOT use any players with hitting stats of only 5 once your team is as good as it sounds like you have. You almost always want to take the higher rated hitter.

Excellent post, bro. Thanks!

So tell me, would you pick a 4 star player like Rajai Davis (7-3-9) over 4.5 star player like Khris Davis (5-9-5)? Also, what do you have to say about a combination of Hitters vs Power Hitters (eg: Revere, Davis, Braun, Ortiz)?
  • Options
    Yeah, Rajai over Khris Davis 100% of the time.

Honestly, feel free to try out whatever you'd like, but my opinion is always going to be to take the higher hitting stat no matter what. I used Ben Revere 919 over Mike Trout 896, over Corey Dickerson 886, over Justin Upton 795 etc.

As long as you have 1 or 2 guys with some pop you'll be perfectly fine. just don't use a 5 hitter like Khris Davis by any means. Test out David Ortiz and see what he does, at least until you get a Justin Upton 795 or JD Martinez or something :)

P.S. My favorite player in the game was Jose Reyes 739 and a switch hitter. He was incredible for me. But once I had a SS that had a higher hit rating, I subbed Reyes right out.
  • Options
    Yeah, Rajai over Khris Davis 100% of the time.

Honestly, feel free to try out whatever you'd like, but my opinion is always going to be to take the higher hitting stat no matter what. I used Ben Revere 919 over Mike Trout 896, over Corey Dickerson 886, over Justin Upton 795 etc.

As long as you have 1 or 2 guys with some pop you'll be perfectly fine. just don't use a 5 hitter like Khris Davis by any means. Test out David Ortiz and see what he does, at least until you get a Justin Upton 795 or JD Martinez or something :)

P.S. My favorite player in the game was Jose Reyes 739 and a switch hitter. He was incredible for me. But once I had a SS that had a higher hit rating, I subbed Reyes right out.

Thanks a lot, bro. Will test the higher rated hitting combination for few games and see where it goes. Will keep Ortiz and Davis as my subs. I seem to have quite a few problems with my pitchers. What criteria do you take into account when it comes to SPs?
  • Options
    With SPs it all depends who you play more often - CPU (bonus games/tourneys/leagues) or Human opponents.

Against humans, Arm speed and Stuff are most important. Sometimes low control is even better since humans swing at a lot of bad pitches. Some of the best pitchers vs humans have low control (Aroldis Chapman 919 comes to mind).

Against CPU teams, Stuff is the most important rating BY FAR. Danny Duffy is only 4* SP but he's 4/3/9 and he dominates the CPU. The next most important stat vs CPUs is Control. The CPU likes to take walks and higher control usually helps against that. Stuff is always the most important though.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    With SPs it all depends who you play more often - CPU (bonus games/tourneys/leagues) or Human opponents.

Against humans, Arm speed and Stuff are most important. Sometimes low control is even better since humans swing at a lot of bad pitches. Some of the best pitchers vs humans have low control (Aroldis Chapman 919 comes to mind).

Against CPU teams, Stuff is the most important rating BY FAR. Danny Duffy is only 4* SP but he's 4/3/9 and he dominates the CPU. The next most important stat vs CPUs is Control. The CPU likes to take walks and higher control usually helps against that. Stuff is always the most important though.

dtrain's comments are good to go. Don't go by star rating go with Hit rating first. SP with 8 or 9 stuff are gold. There are 5 star pitchers with 7 stuff and they are worthless.
  • Options
    Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. I have been using a team with higher rated hitters since the last two days and I'm certainly getting more hits.

So any way, how about I tell you guys the line up that I'm using and may be you could help me or tell me if I need to make any change? If you guys don't mind, that is :) Players in Italic are the extra players I have for the respective positions.

C: Yadier Molina (R: 8-4-2) [Wilson Ramos (R: 6-8-1)]
    1B: Eric Hosmer (L: 7-4-4) [Mike Napoli (R: 5-8-1)]
    2B: Dee Gordon (L: 7-1-9) [Chase Utley (L: 6-4-4)]
    3B: Kyle Seager (L: 6-8-5)
    SS: Alexei Ramirez (R: 7-7-9) [Starlin Castro (R: 7-4-4); Jimmy Rollins (B: 4-6-9)]
    LF: Carlos Gomez (R: 7-7-9)
    CF: Michael Cuddyer (R: 8-5-5)
    RF: Ryan Braun (R: 7-7-6)
    DH: Ben Revere (L: 9-1-9)

[SUB & INA: Khris Davis (R: 5-9-5); David Ortiz (L: 6-9-1); Kole Calhoun (L: 7-6-4); Rajai Davis (R: 7-3-9); Drew Stubbs (R: 6-6-9); Carlon Beltran (B: 5-8-3)]

With the line up that I'm currently using, I am getting more hits although I haven't been able to hit as many homers. It's Kyle Seager hitting the homers 9/10 times. So, do you suggest I should add a power hitter to this line up or just wait for few more days and see how it goes?

Also, what do you guys have to say about the R & L combination? Should I use a Lefty OF instead of a Right and balance the OF?

Moving on to pitchers. I think I lack good SPs. Do star ratings for SPs matter? Considering they pitch for 5 innings?

STARTING PITCHERS:
    Ace: Drew Smyly (4.5 Stars: L: 6-7-7: Fastball, TwoSeamFastball, Slider, Changeup, Cutter)
    SP2: James Shields (4.5 Stars: R: 5-9-6: Fastball, Sidearm Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)
    SP3: Tony Cingrani (4 Stars: L: 8-2-8: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup)
    SP4: Danny Salazar (4 Stars: R: 8-6-6: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, MovingFastball)
    SP5: Jason Hammel (4 Stars: R: 6-7-6: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)

INA:
    Gavin Floyd (4 Stars: R: 6-6-6: Fastball, Curve, Cutter, TwoSeamFastball)
    Tsuyoshi Wada (4 Stars: L: 5-6-7: Fastball, Slider, Changeup, Curve)
    Kyle Lohse (4 Stars: R: 4-8-6: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup)
    Wei-Yin Chen (4 Stars: L: 4-9-5: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)
    Jered Weaver (4 Stars: R: 5-6-7: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)

RELIEVERS:
    Long: Joakim Soria (4 Stars: R: 9-6-7: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup)
    RP1: Kirby Yates: (4 Stars: R: 9-5-7: Fastball, Slider, Changeup)
    RP2: Addison Reed (4 Stars: R: 8-6-7: Fastball, Changeup, Slider)
    SM: David Carpenter (4.5 Stars: R: 8-6-8: Fastball, Sinker, Slider, Forkball)
    CL: Mark Melancon (5 Stars: R: 7-9-9: Fastball, Curve, Cutter, Changeup)

INA:
    Fernando Salas (4 Stars: R: 6-8-7: Fastball, TwoSeamFastball, Slider, Changeup)
    Casey Janssen (4 Stars: R: 5-8-8: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup)
    Pedro Strop (3.5 Stars: R: 9-1-8: Fastball, TwoSeamFastball, Slider, Changeup)
    Joe Nathan (3.5 Stars: R: 8-2-8: Fastball, TwelveToSixCurve, Slider, TwoSeamFastball)
    Wade Davis (3 Stars: R: 8-4-6: Fastball, TwelveToSixCurve, Slider, TwoSeamFastball)
  • Options
    Would love suggestions from other people as well!
  • Options
    Your batting lineup is perfect. No changes needed. Don't worry about balancing out your OF with lefties and righties, positions don't matter in this game at all. You have enough lefties in your lineup to do some damage against RH pitchers.

I would keep Calhoun Davis and Stubbs as the 3 on your bench. Two of them are perfect pinch runners (9 speed) and Calhoun could be useful if you need a 7+ hitter to pinch hit vs a RH pitcher late in a game.

As for pitchers, it looks pretty good the way you have it. Only possible adjustments I can see would maybe be Weaver instead of Hammel, but they're pretty close anyways. And maybe Nathan or Janssen instead of Yates in the bullpen. But they're pretty **** close too.
  • Options
    KeithCarterKeithCarter Registered Users 8 Posts
    I would keep Calhoun Davis and Stubbs as the 3 on your bench. Two of them are perfect pinch runners (9 speed) and Calhoun could be useful if you need a 7+ hitter to pinch hit vs a RH pitcher late in a game.

You can pinch run in this game? I have never seen that option.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot bro. I've gotten new SPs, so my line up has changed. So Salazar and Hammel have made their ways out.

STARTING PITCHERS:
    Ace: Anibal Sanchez (5 Stars: R: 6-7-8: Fastball, Cutter, Slider, Changeup, Sinker)
    SP2: Drew Smyly (4.5 Stars: L: 6-7-7: Fastball, TwoSeamFastball, Slider, Changeup, Cutter)
    SP3: James Paxton (4.5 Stars: R: 5-5-9: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup)
    SP4: James Shields (4.5 Stars: R: 5-9-6: Fastball, Sidearm Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)
    SP5: Tony Cingrani (4 Stars: L: 8-2-8: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup)

INA:
    Danny Salazar (4 Stars: R: 8-6-6: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, MovingFastball)
    Jason Hammel (4 Stars: R: 6-7-6: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)
    Gavin Floyd (4 Stars: R: 6-6-6: Fastball, Curve, Cutter, TwoSeamFastball)
    Tsuyoshi Wada (4 Stars: L: 5-6-7: Fastball, Slider, Changeup, Curve)
    Kyle Lohse (4 Stars: R: 4-8-6: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup)
    Wei-Yin Chen (4 Stars: L: 4-9-5: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)
    Jered Weaver (4 Stars: R: 5-6-7: Fastball, Curve, Slider, Changeup, TwoSeamFastball)
  • Options
    Looks even better.
  • Options
    Hopefully Paxton and Shields don't get smashed when playing against humans.

Thanks a lot dtrain987. Cheers! :)