Options

Pitching rotation help

barabr10barabr10 Registered Users 5 Posts
Hi I'm a somewhat beginner at this game and I currently have the following 7 pitchers:

1. Jonny Cueto: 5* right handed: 7,6,9
2. Kyle Hendricks: 4.5* right handed: 3.8.8
3. Jose Quintana: 4* left handed: 6,6,7
4. Dan Heren: 4* right handed: 5,9,5
5. Mat Latos: 4* right handed: 5,7,7
6. Tim Hudson: 4* right handed: 3,9,6
7. Jason Vargas: 4* left handed: 4,8,6

I need help deciding which top five I should choose and which order to put my players in.

Comments

• Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    the general consensus is that Stuff is the most important stat. Control is good against AIs but sometimes a little lower can be better against human players. high arm rating is preferable but not always necessary.

1. Jonny Cueto (should definitely be your ace. he's one of the harder pitchers to hit on the Legends team)
    2. Kyle Hendricks (he's my ace and currently has a 2.75 ERA, 1.00 whip, 3.38 K/BB, 5.6 K/9, .217 BAA for me.)
    3. Jose Quintana
    4. Mat Latos
    5. Jason Vargas/Tim Hudson

personally i would go with Vargas in the 5 spot instead of Hudson. i've faced Hudson countless times and he's easy to hit for me. however, most will agree that right handed pitchers have a slight advantage since there are more right handed hitters.

another thing you could always look at each players stats and see who is doing better than others. imo the order is not that big of a deal, but your ace is since he will be the one who plays if you use an ice pack.
  • Options
    barabr10barabr10 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Thank you for your reply it was very helpful