Options

Newbie Question Regarding Lineup and Rotation

miker1961miker1961 Registered Users 2 Posts
I have been playing for about a month now and for the life of me I can't figure out how to manually set or adjust my line up/batting order or my pitching rotation. Am I missing something simple here or is this something that is automatically set by the game itself?

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    joshdobbsjoshdobbs Registered Users 1 Posts
    You cannot change your batting order. But you can put players on your bench in for players in the starting lineup. Just go to "team" and then tap the "swap" button to swap a player. You can change your pitching rotation by swapping players in the order that they are.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    miker1961miker1961 Registered Users 2 Posts
    That helps thanks. It just seems a bit odd that the app selects batting order. Any idea what it bases this on? For example I have Michael Bourne, who is not known as a power hitter, in the four hole. In a previous game he was hitting lead off and then in another game he was in the two hole. Not sure how it is factored by the app.

Thanks Again,
    Mike
  • Options
    Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    You can go into gameplan and switch the option for a batting order vs lefties and an order vs righties. That's really the only control you have over it.
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    The game tends to put your highest speed guys at the top and your highest "hit" stat guys in the meat of the lineup. Sometimes it's a little weird because your best hitter may be your fastest guy too, so I'm not sure how it decides at that point.

It also depends on how your game plan is set, if it's different vs Lefties and Righties.